Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 751-Current

---

I'm already tired of this arc.

I can only watch them spend so many entire episodes eating candy...

Still, Luffy's "Look at us." response to Nami freaking out over talking animals was priceless.

Sanji eating a lollipop gave me a horrible 4Kids flashback...
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sat, 06-03-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

I'm already tired of this arc.

I can only watch them spend so many entire episodes eating candy...

Still, Luffy's "Look at us." response to Nami freaking out over talking animals was priceless.

Sanji eating a lollipop gave me a horrible 4Kids flashback...
    Good ol' Luffy. Encounter a mirror image of yourself? Just try to hit harder. It would seem the obvious solution to get past it would be to just use the terrain in some way, since it's not mirrored.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The only few good seconds of the episode. Otherwise this was painful to watch, and I had to skip parts of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Good ol' Luffy. Encounter a mirror image of yourself? Just try to hit harder. It would seem the obvious solution to get past it would be to just use the terrain in some way, since it's not mirrored.
    Or have ANY of your teammates hit him instead of you.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    I'm getting tired of Luffy being too dumb to endorse for Pirate King. Him immediately recognizing his (fake) Nakama would have been a fine opportunity to reinforce the 'special stuff' he is made of that makes him suitable to achieve the highest position on the totem pole, but instead we get him asking why his crew multiplied as the captives sit in front of him hissing; making him just plain 'special'.

Also kinda gruff to see Sanji lose to the old man he looks to easily outclass already because of a human shield.

The best part of these last few episodes is Big Mom's conversation with Ceasar and the disappearance of Jinbei.

I've said it before, but I am most interested in villains who's endgame I cannot see. Is Mom a philanthropist? A dis-associative psychopath? What is she trying to accomplish with the gigantification drug? What does she mean by having everyone 'sit at the same table together'? It doesn't sound like an entirely evil plan at face value... so I'm curious to see what the devious subtext is here. And slow-clap for Ceasar to have the (ig)noble gaseous balls to defraud an emperor of research money for booze and women.

Jimbei. I don't even know where to start with my speculation on you, but I don't feel like he's going to get to be the Strawhat's Helmsman...

I feel like...with the exception of his father, Sanji is too harsh on the rest of his family.

I mean, yeah, his siblings picked on him. When he was, like, 5. He hasn't really spoken to them since then, so it's hard to tell if they're all still the same assholes they were as little kids even.

His dad almost feels like a false antagonist. I feel like, at some moment when their dad displays weakness, one of the siblings is going to take him out and take over.

Yeah, he does appear almost suspiciously irredeemable for little good reason...

---

Okay, so Big Mom's fruit power is pretty brutal, and explains all the talking shit.

I hope Luffy totally Bluenoes Cracker.

---

Oh dip, the Germa 66 are Genome Soldiers!

Okay, so knowing that the Germa 66 clones people now, and Sanji and his brothers are all named after numbers, am I expected to be shocked when they reveal Sanji is a clone eventually? Because I'm not gonna be.

I'm curious who they're all clones of though. They don't look like their dad. But their sister is the eldest, so if one of them is the "real" one, I assume she's it. Unless all 5 of them are cloned from someone else entirely.

---

Oh dip, the Germa 66 are Genome Soldiers!

Okay, so knowing that the Germa 66 clones people now, and Sanji and his brothers are all named after numbers, am I expected to be shocked when they reveal Sanji is a clone eventually? Because I'm not gonna be.

I'm curious who they're all clones of though. They don't look like their dad. But their sister is the eldest, so if one of them is the "real" one, I assume she's it. Unless all 5 of them are cloned from someone else entirely.
    So Vegapunk has a history with both Ceasar and Judge. It would be nice to get a full synopsis on that dude's history, since it's been nothing but bits and pieces over the past 10 or so years since he was first referenced.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Well I'm sure at some point he's going to become and big part of the show itself.

This particular episode is also the first time they hint that Vegapunk might not be WILLINGLY working for the World Government. He seems to make pretty much ALL of the WG's tech, but it might just be because that's the only way he'd be allowed to continue sciencing.

Well I'm sure at some point he's going to become and big part of the show itself.

This particular episode is also the first time they hint that Vegapunk might not be WILLINGLY working for the World Government. He seems to make pretty much ALL of the WG's tech, but it might just be because that's the only way he'd be allowed to continue sciencing.
    Vegapunk seems to be concerned about ethics, at least, considering he used to be frequently opposed to Ceasar's research. I doubt he would support Judge's use of their genetics research to build a clone army. It could be similar to Nico Robin's family, where the WG has a lockdown on free-flowing independent thought, and this forced Vegapunk to begin his career in science as a rogue.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

On the other hand, he IS responsible for completely Kuma's cyborg conversion and removing his free thought.

Now, again, he might not have done it willingly, but his concern with ethics only seems to get him so far if that's the case.

On the other hand, he IS responsible for completely Kuma's cyborg conversion and removing his free thought.

Now, again, he might not have done it willingly, but his concern with ethics only seems to get him so far if that's the case.
    Kuma strangely seemed to be cool with it. Honestly, though, the whole thing with Kuma was strange, and it was never really clear why he even allowed the WG to cyborgify him in the first place, considering he was a pirate and rebel spy. I'm sure the WG has also made Vegapunk do plenty of things he didn't necessarily want to do. Most intelligent people seem to notice that the WG isn't all sunshine and rainbows.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

---

Every time it cuts back to them in that fucking forest I want to cut myself.

I JUST want to watch Sanji's plotline!

---

Quite the two-part episode.

I mean, fuck the first half for just being a clip show, but that second half. Nothing generates feels like Luffy fighting one of his own crew.

He better not get that tooth back!

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    He better not get that tooth back!
    Oh he'll get it back!

Pretty much every member of the crew has had their dramatic "is this the end?" moment so far, except for Franky, Chopper, and Brooke. Though maybe you can count the part where Franky kept rejecting until Robin grabbed him by the balls?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I wonder if Luffy's weird metabolism is a side effect of the Gum Gum fruit, something else entirely, or just meant to be a gag.

It's not the first time he's stuffed himself to balloon size like that and then quickly shrunk back down. I remember way back on Loguetown he filled himself up, then work up in the middle of the night to piss, and when he finished pissing, he was back down to his normal size.