Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 751-Current

---

Seriously! So goddamn cute!!

All the flashbacks are starting to get tiresome...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

Seriously! So goddamn cute!!

All the flashbacks are starting to get tiresome...
    At least they finally addressed what happened to Wapol.

Interesting tidbit: The "wapometal" the scientists discovered in Wapol's toys is the same metal Franky used to make his transformer suit thing.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I know Wapol had one of those cover stories that showed him becoming a toy maker. But I feel like the anime added the whole, becoming and Evil King again thing because we're going to see him in some awful filler arc...

Edit: Nevermind, checked his wiki and I guess that part is canon too.

---

Oh damn! Kid! One of my new Emperor picks got beaten!

I wonder if there's an explanation as to why Jack is still alive, or if we're just supposed to believe he's such a badass he can hold his breath indefinitely.

Looks like filler next week.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 03-05-2017 at 01:49 AM.

---

Oh damn! Kid! One of my new Emperor picks got beaten!

I wonder if there's an explanation as to why Jack is still alive, or if we're just supposed to believe he's such a badass he can hold his breath indefinitely.

Looks like filler next week.
    Yep, if it involves some random troubled kid or a remote marine outpost, it's almost always filler.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

---

Back to canon.

Uh oh, Sanji's betrothed is a cutie.

I felt like I was missing something, jumping straight from 774 to 783. Looking at a canon/filler list at some random site, there seemed to be canon eps in the middle. That explains it.

Edit: As expected, nothing much happened in those eps. Kaido was made to look quite pitiful, Jack is successfully breathing water, as if he was a fishman. I guess he's an elephant fish or something. After how big a deal the danger of drowning has been made in all of the encounters with the fishmen, there's no chance he would simply be holding his breath for days.
    Last edited by Kraco; Sun, 04-09-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Kaido was made to look quite pitiful
    I wouldn't say pitiful so much as having his "wacky" personality quirk introduced. Which seems to be that drinking gives him ridiculous mood swings.

I wouldn't say pitiful so much as having his "wacky" personality quirk introduced. Which seems to be that drinking gives him ridiculous mood swings.
    I don't know. We saw Big Mom basically governing a whole empire with its own unique culture, style, and society, with an apparently vast and solid multi-level hierarchy. Or at least that's how it seemed to me. Kaido, however, was sitting, drinking, and whining in some barren cave, with a few medieval looking weak underlings. I guess pirates don't actually require palaces, but the contrast was a bit much.

I mean, he's like a barbarian. And we know his underlings aren't weak, because Jack is just one if his Lts.

Taking a 9 week break from One Piece is so jarring. I barely even remember where they left off.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

So... kinda surprised nobody had anything to say yet about the encounter at the end of this last episode...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I mean, there's only the 3 of us in this thread(seriously, why do we still have a forum for this?).

Not much to say really. Sanji's family is a bunch of Zoldycks. But we kinda already knew that.

I do like that they all have his eyebrows.

- - - - -

The sister was beautiful, at least. Where does their technology come from, though? I thought Vegapunk was the technology guru, and he's working for the World government. That technology is kind of interesting in the sense that it's a great weakness in the OP world. Remove it and those who relied on it will be nothing. Sanji needs nothing extra to kick major ass, including moving in the air. But I suppose it would instantly upgrade the basic grunts to be peerless among other grunts who have nothing. The higher echelons, however, would be better off training like crazy or obtaining fruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post

- - - - -

The sister was beautiful, at least. Where does their technology come from, though? I thought Vegapunk was the technology guru, and he's working for the World government. That technology is kind of interesting in the sense that it's a great weakness in the OP world. Remove it and those who relied on it will be nothing. Sanji needs nothing extra to kick major ass, including moving in the air. But I suppose it would instantly upgrade the basic grunts to be peerless among other grunts who have nothing. The higher echelons, however, would be better off training like crazy or obtaining fruits.
    The ending scene in this ep made me realize something. When's the last time we've seen chopper in his reindeer form? I would think if him and Luffy were in such a rush to get to town, he'd use the form that's more natural (and faster) than his stubby midget form, ya? Back in Alabasta, Chopper spent most of his walking time in his reindeer form. This seems to be just another case of Oda pandering to the fanservice!
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Franky needs to get his hands on that tech because he could totally use flying boots installed in his body.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    The ending scene in this ep made me realize something. When's the last time we've seen chopper in his reindeer form? I would think if him and Luffy were in such a rush to get to town, he'd use the form that's more natural (and faster) than his stubby midget form, ya?
    Not to mention, it's also a form that's not on his wanted poster and, thus, less likely to draw attention.

I mean, there's only the 3 of us in this thread(seriously, why do we still have a forum for this?).

Not much to say really. Sanji's family is a bunch of Zoldycks. But we kinda already knew that.

I do like that they all have his eyebrows.
    Come on now, I want a few people to become more active in the Manga forum. The cake has hit the fan.

Honestly though, I think these forums died with Naruto. Even I stopped lurking once Naruto died.

I'm not saying we can't still discuss the show and the manga, I'm just saying there's no reason we can't do that in a single thread in the anime and manga forums. There are plenty of threads in those forums that are way more active than these entire subforums. These shows just don't warrant their own forum anymore.

If anything, I think making threads in the main forums might actually INCREASE discussion on these shows, since I think people forget these subforums are even here.

---

Well, that was quite the introduction.

---

Well, that was quite the introduction.
    Ahaha that was great. More dramatic than I remember it being in the manga. I love how they just steal all the best ingredients from other islands to make a wedding cake with.

Come on now, I want a few people to become more active in the Manga forum.
    To be honest, my manga routine is: Look up newest chapter on reddit. Read the chapter. Read the comments on reddit regarding the chapter. By that point, everything there is to talk about regarding the chapter has been exhausted for me.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07