Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boruto Episode 1-Current

It's finally getting good.

---

Really good, short, sweet story arc.

Probably Sakura's 2nd best fight in the entire franchise actually.

I feel like Shin got the short end of the stick with his Mangekyou. Everyone else got powers that control space or time or fire that consumes everything. All he got was some telekinesis.

Kinda surprised Kabuto isn't still with Orochimaru when most of the rest of his minions are.

I wish Karin WAS Sarada's mother. Then Sarada would have been half Uchiha and half Uzumaki. Now I have to wait for Sarada and Boruto's kid to get that.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 09-21-2017 at 04:18 AM.

---

I lol'd at the plastic replica of Zabuza's sword at the souvenir stand.

---

It's weird how they keep going on about Kagura having Yagura's bloodlost, but we know from watching Naruto that all of that came from Obito having brainwashed Yagura.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 10-04-2017 at 02:11 PM.

---

The writing gymnastics this series does to ensure that Boruto is the one that has to deal with these problems that he has no business dealing with are just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

The writing gymnastics this series does to ensure that Boruto is the one that has to deal with these problems that he has no business dealing with are just ridiculous.
    Agreed.

Mizukage: "Okay child who is not even a Genin yet. I will let you, the child of a foreign leader, be exposed to immense danger by attacking 7 chuunin+ level ninja who wield legendary swords and are close to starting a civil war, even though this has absolutely nothing to do with you. I will also go by myself with no backup, so that you may be exposed to even more danger since I can't hold them all off myself at the same time. I won't even bring the former Mizukage, who already knows about this."

Horrible writing.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouch View Post
    Mizukage: "Okay child who is not even a Genin yet. I will let you, the child of a foreign leader, be exposed to immense danger by attacking 7 chuunin+ level ninja who wield legendary swords and are close to starting a civil war, even though this has absolutely nothing to do with you. I will also go by myself with no backup, so that you may be exposed to even more danger since I can't hold them all off myself at the same time. I won't even bring the former Mizukage, who already knows about this."
    Could not have summed that up better.

And the explanation is "Well, if I go after them officially, I'd be FORCED to execute that one guy. But if you go, then we can just hand wave it as "boys will be boys".

It's the fucking dumbest. Like, maybe you SHOULD execute that guy, who still clearly has no control over himself, but you gave him one of your magic swords anyway.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 10-19-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Is this filler or are we on canon yet? I will forgive this if it's filler.

I'm pretty sure that the Boruto manga doesn't even START until after they're already genin and on a team. So as long as they're still at the academy, everything is filler.

The only thing in this series that hasn't been filler is Sarada's arc, which was based on some gaiden miniseries.

I don't know what's more messed up, that we're over half-a-year into Boruto and it's all been filler (why did they even start the series if they're not ready with canon?), or how badly they're butchering power levels in this show.

If the seven swordsman were only genin (doesn't really make sense given their age and power), there is now way they would be able to even scratch the Mizukage (Leaf team 7 as genin couldn't even take a goddamn bell from Kakashi, including Sasuke who was a genius / probably the most motivated / hard training child in the naruto universe couldn't do it). Therefore, I assume they are AT LEAST chuunin.

If they are chuunin, there is absolutely no way Sarada or the earth-style classmate who got held back a year, should be able to beat them on their own, as they aren't even Genin. Also makes no sense how Sarada's sharingan is already mature enough to auto-copy advanced jutsu when she probably doesn't even know her nature affinity yet. Sarada grew up in a very relaxed environment without any real strong motivation to train, and hasn't shown that she trains an insane amount. Even if she did train more than the average person, there is just no f'ing way she would be stronger than Sasuke before even reaching Genin.

Honestly this show is ruining my childhood. I wouldn't be surprised if these writers never even watched the damn series.

They should just kill the current show with fire and make a darker / more serious sequel called "Boruto's Dad" where they show the intense / shadowy missions of Naruto now that he's an adult (maybe a quick stint in ANBU?)

Also makes no sense how Sarada's sharingan is already mature enough to auto-copy advanced jutsu when she probably doesn't even know her nature affinity yet. Sarada grew up in a very relaxed environment without any real strong motivation to train, and hasn't shown that she trains an insane amount. Even if she did train more than the average person, there is just no f'ing way she would be stronger than Sasuke before even reaching Genin.
    I actually enjoyed Sarada's fight, because it's nice seeing the OP Sharingan in the hands of a character that's not a complete asshole for once.

I actually enjoyed Sarada's fight, because it's nice seeing the OP Sharingan in the hands of a character that's not a complete asshole for once.
    Level 1 sharingan should not be able to do all of the things that it did, especially in the hands of someone who hasn't even graduated the academy yet.

Level 1 sharingan should not be able to do all of the things that it did, especially in the hands of someone who hasn't even graduated the academy yet.
    Well, the copying is something it can totally do at level one because Sasuke was copying Lee's moves back at the start of the Chuunin exam.

The illusions not so much, but Sasuke was never one for using his illusions very much anyway.

Are we the last people left on this forum? I feel like the entire forum (not just the naruto/boruto thread) is dead compared to like 5 years ago. Not sure why. Know of any other forums with a decent community? Not really into reddit or anything super huge since it's just a bunch of random people posting. But here it's like, no one really posting ever on anything.

The simple fact is, this is a forum for a fansub group, that doesn't fansub anymore. So the number of incoming new users is exactly zero. So people drift away, and then don't get replaced by anyone.

I haven't really looked for any other forums, but I've been to a few, and the problem I keep encountering is most of them don't disallow manga spoilers in their anime threads.

I've said this before, but I seriously think they need to close these subforums.

I feel like this and the One Piece forums would get more posts if they were just in the main forum, because I think a lot of users don't even leave that subforum anymore.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Fri, 10-27-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Lmao really? I had no idea "gotwoot" was a fansub group. Been here 11 years, never knew what that actually was. Also wasn't aware this is a "sub forum"? Where is this "main forum" of legend you speak of?

Lmao really? I had no idea "gotwoot" was a fansub group. Been here 11 years, never knew what that actually was.
    Yeah, I want to say they used to sub Naruto back when I first got into watching fansubbed anime. At least, I think Naruto is what originally brought me here.

That had to have been back in, like, 2003?

*checks join date* 2004 I guess.

Also wasn't aware this is a "sub forum"? Where is this "main forum" of legend you speak of?
    I'll assume this is a joke since I've seen you post in the main forum.

I'll assume this is a joke since I've seen you post in the main forum.
    Is the main forum just the "General Anime" one with all the other seasonal animes? I thought you meant like a different site or something

Is the main forum just the "General Anime" one with all the other seasonal animes? I thought you meant like a different site or something
    Nope. I meant the General Anime forum.

this "power of friendship" crap is getting old

just waiting for baruto and kagura to fuck