Thread: Shadows House

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar

Shadows House

From Wikipedia:
    In a grandiose and dark mansion, the denizens of the Shadow House live, attended by their Living Doll partners who endlessly clean the soot their masters emit. Emilico, a young and cheerful Living Doll, is delighted to start serving her mistress Kate. As the two grow closer and are slowly exposed to various events within the House, they start to discover a number of dark secrets.
    Very late thread for that show. Pretty sure this is yet another underrated show under everyone's radar.
    Being a worrycat, I admitt I was a little spooked by the first few eps. But I kept watching thanks to the art, Kate's character design and VAs for Emilico and Kate.
    Emilico is supposed to be Kate's face, so she should be somewhat close to her character... but honestly they are more like moon and sun. And this is of course a very important part of the story that makes you crave for more.
    At first I thought that high pitched and energetic Emilico would tire me fast. But it didn't happen, probably thanks to very carefully paced scenes and events, the art and last but not least an incredible job by her VA.

Why underrated ? Well the setting, story and events feel like a story for children under 10. But the way it's delivered really got me hooked and I trully enjoy my time watching each episode.

I'm pretty sure some of you are watching but were waiting for someone else to start a discussion. Have fun watching !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by David75; Sun, 06-27-2021 at 10:28 AM.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.