Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Megalo Box

It's kinda hard to know who to root for when it goes out of it's way to humanize everyone so much.

Do I root for Yuri's protégée, who isn't a conceited dick or anything. Or the crippled hero firefighter...

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Its a bit odd that people living in a sci-fi dystopian world don't have any concept (or imagination) of this microchip that is controlling Mac's body enhancing his performance somehow. It took CEO lady's brother to even posit the thought, but at least someone did. How did no one notice that this gimmick seems predictable and beyond someone entering the 'zone'? It is kind of a repeat of the first season's theme of man versus machine.

Animu Elon Musk's dance scene with his Zune at the end was a pretty sweet animation cut.

Sachio's 'match' was very satisfying, as Joe is a bit of a pushover when it comes to those kids, and they get away with too much when it comes to passing judgement (as I've whined about before). He has no place in the ring, and Joe clearly does.

Elon is confirmed 'amoral scientist' archetype, though it is a bit sad we didn't get to see him put those tap soles to use. IAt first I thought he would turn on some hidden 'mind/body control' function in the chip when Mac confronted him, but he just talked him down with the reality of the deal his wife took. If I'm understanding this correctly, his mental state only is deteriorating due to the strain of boxing? If so, simply stopping should halt the progression, but it can't be that easy...

Yuri's awkward roll chair wheeling into the background '...don't mind me- enjoy your food...' was cute- I don't think they were going for that.

episode 12:

They're building up to the fight really slowly, but it's ok. Wonder how the drama will go down. I just can't imagine Joe to lose again, he really should win a fight in this season at least once, lol. Yet, the science guy just threatened him not to lose, OR ELSE.

Oh, and we I finally got a better reading of the japanese "team nowhere" kanji, never could read the artsy writing on the building sign. To translate "bangaichi" to "nowhere" is quite the translation. And with that I mean that it's waaay to freely translated. "Team Nowhere" sounds cool, but was the intention to have a cool name that way`"Bangaichi" really means "location without address" or "unregistered address", so if I were to tasked with a translation that sounds good, but also carries the same spirit, I'd go for something like "Team Off-the-Grid" or "Team Not Found". Or something else that captures the more bureaucratical nature of "bangaichi". "Team Nowhere" would have been "Chiimu Dokonimo" or something like that. Whatever. Just a random rant, because I was waiting to get a better reading of the gym sign.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Yet, the science guy just threatened him not to lose, OR ELSE.
    Dude, that guy is going to fucking jail. His assistant is going to out him for fraud.

It'll be a nice jail, though. Wonder if he'll get to bring his Zune and tap shoes?

Of all the ways to get out of the bottle, it was his old police partner that happened to find him? It's so sweet I can ignore the convenience. Great stuff.

Season 2 - Episode 13:

Overall an enjoyable second season. But i have to say it before I forget: Goddamn, this atmosphere of "my life is over now" that Joe exudes in these epilogue scenes is insufferable. It's the typical Japanese "your life is over once you pass 30" bs. FFS, yeah, his boxer career is over - so what? You've got at least another half of your entire life ahead of you. Fina a new job, explore the world, have adventures, enjoy some women. So much still to do. No need for any melancholy here. Really grated on me here, lol.

The fight was rather disappointing. I didn't understand why Sachio threw the white flag. Like, I understand that everyone "thought" Joe would be hit badly soon, but ... why? As a watcher, nothing seemed to go agains Joe's favor. Kinda underwhelming. And basically saying "Mac is better than Joe, even without his cheating mac time". Was a bit too friendly at the end of that match. Ah well ...

I hope we'll get a 3rd season eventually. They kinda built up Sachio as a new hero. The world is interesting enough, a 3rd season wouldn't need to revolve around boxing.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Oh god, no. I have NO interest in this setting outside of the boxing.