Thread: Uma Musume: Pretty Derby

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby

In a world very much like our own, great race horses of the past have a chance to be reborn as “horse girls” – girls with the ears and tails of horses as well as their speed and endurance. The best of these horse girls go to train at Tokyo's Tracen Academy, hopefully moving on to fame and fortune as both racers and idols. Special Week, a high school horse girl from the countryside, has just transferred to Tracen, and she's determined to fulfill her promise to her mother to become the best horse girl in Japan. On her way to school, she takes a pit stop at the race track and instantly falls in love with Silence Suzuka's style, becoming determined to race on the same team as her.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...e.php?id=20598

So, just watched the first 5 episodes of Uma Musume: Pretty Derby despite the obviously ridiculous premise it presented. And I have to say, I'm surprisingly pleased and entertained by it. It has some good energy going for it that makes it a pleasant watch. Too bad that after seeing the overall premise working quite well, that we aren't getting something more meaningful (and coherent) with higher stakes out of it. For now, I guess it's something I can just lay back and watch without thinking much on it.

Makes me wish we had a better track-and-field anime out there.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Kinda weird to hear horses gallop but see girls run.

The show is kinda cute but it's very bland.

Any of you ever finished the first season (if you watched it at all)? I didn't, but second season just began for those interested:

Is this series any good outside of the ecchi monster girl scenes?

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Is this series any good outside of the ecchi monster girl scenes?
    Since you generally like sports anime, it would be worth a try. The handful of episodes I watched were better than I thought this series would be.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    *ear and eyebrow perks up*... did someone say HORSE GIRLS!!?!?!??

I remember tormenting my anime watching buddy by shouting that out autisticaly every episode of the first season (which was pretty fun itself). I'll have to try season two out. I hope they go a little less fluff, and a little more technical racing- even though that should be impossible due to the fact that these are girls racing in place of horses- oh anime, what a tangled web, indeed...