Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Tensei shitara Slime datta Ken

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Cause nobody on the inside seems like they're going to be a real threat to Tempest's heaviest hitters.

The Milium stuff is the part I'm most interested in. Why is she attacking the Beast Nation? Is she just jealous that they befriended her bestie?
    Shion dropped on her knees, out of strength, when the barriers activated. So, the heaviest hitters might not be that heavy anymore.

Milim was in Clayman's office at the end of the previous episode. I don't think Clayman has a single friend, he's a real evil villain, not just one on paper, so she probably wasn't there for any benevolent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Shion dropped on her knees, out of strength, when the barriers activated.
    I thought that was something her opponent did.

I thought that was something her opponent did.
    I guess technically you could be correct, but it was a continuum scene after the others when the barriers were activated. Usually you'd deduce it's related. If the dude had done it, he could have done it any time. But from his line, I guess I can see why you'd come to a different conclusion.

You mean the attackers?

Cause nobody on the inside seems like they're going to be a real threat to Tempest's heaviest hitters.
    Cause there was a multifaceted attack, stop communication so that they can't reach Rimuru and a barrier that apparently weakens them severely, I mean look what it did to Shion, unless this is one of the usual... I start weak when the attack first lands, then I persevere on my own strength type of deal.

Did they mention what the barrier was all about? The otherworlder looked fine even while inside. To that point, is Myulan also affected by this barrier?

Maybe it's time for Youm to shine.

And the guys on the outside maintaining the barrier are...outside...where Rimuru is.
    Last we saw him he was in another kingdom altogether, so not really where Rimuru is... but we all know how these shounens usually go lol.

The Milium stuff is the part I'm most interested in. Why is she attacking the Beast Nation? Is she just jealous that they befriended her bestie?
    Have to see if that was part of Clayman's plans or if she's doing it for her own reasons, she was seen at his office an episode ago I think if not 2 episodes ago.

I did appreciate the manipulative evil woman being utterly shut down by Shuna and then politely asked to leave. Their reaction pretty much sums up their demeanors. They're moustache-twirling, sneering evil types who obviously enjoy torture and slaughtering their enemies because they can. The girl tried to outright kill the entire section of the street before Shuna shut her down because she was getting embarrassed and outclassed by Gobuta being super cool.

Myulan was ordered to create an anti-magic field, and judging what happened with the communications and to Shion, that's exactly what she did.

Monsters are powered by magicules, as we learned in the first season. So...things just got real bad for Tempest citizens. There's at least 100 soldiers in the immediate vicinity, and 17,000+ on their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    I did appreciate the manipulative evil woman being utterly shut down by Shuna and then politely asked to leave. Their reaction pretty much sums up their demeanors. They're moustache-twirling, sneering evil types who obviously enjoy torture and slaughtering their enemies because they can. The girl tried to outright kill the entire section of the street before Shuna shut her down because she was getting embarrassed and outclassed by Gobuta being super cool.

Myulan was ordered to create an anti-magic field, and judging what happened with the communications and to Shion, that's exactly what she did.

Monsters are powered by magicules, as we learned in the first season. So...things just got real bad for Tempest citizens. There's at least 100 soldiers in the immediate vicinity, and 17,000+ on their way.
    Ah, so I thought what Myulan did was purely to block communications, but it's actually an anti-magic field and maybe what the Priest is doing is merely making it like a prison where no one can escape?

I'll have to rethink this as I thought the ones deploying whatever was affecting the monsters was the Priest's doing. Also, things look too coordinated to not think that Clayman has any part of these machinations, and to that end, is Clayman and the Priest in contact? Another agent?

I think it is safe to say that Clayman is playing both sides. That's kinda his thing. He was playing the fool who tried to raise a Disaster Class Orc Lord as well.

And thanks to Myulan's example, now we know how he uses people like puppets. He has her heart hostage, literally or figuratively to be determined.

Not sure how he's controlling, manipulating, or threatening Milim though, considering how overpowered she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Last we saw him he was in another kingdom altogether
    Yeah, but the festival celebrating his return is CURRENTLY happening. Meaning he's already en route.

Yeah, but the festival celebrating his return is CURRENTLY happening. Meaning he's already en route.
    That's a very good point. Then again, these could be overeager monsters that to them they have to have everything ready because "Rimuru can come just any day now". Just seems like they're always preparing for his return lol.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Rimuru can teleport.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I think it is safe to say that Clayman is playing both sides. That's kinda his thing. He was playing the fool who tried to raise a Disaster Class Orc Lord as well.
    The clowns aren't his direct subordinates? It has been so long I can't remember anymore. Maybe it's because their modus operandi is so similar to Clayman's that I thought so.

I'm not really sure either. The Clown Perverts don't seem to respect or fear him as much as Myulan does.

I meant the plague mask doofus with delusions of grandeur. I don't think they're in the same group.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    I'm not sure I like the 'non-main character' other worlders to be so one-dimensionally evil. The school kids from earlier showed that they aren't necessarily all power tripping, so that helps, but this many just happen to be in that kingdom and have equally bad attitudes is a bit much for me. A bit of depth of character before they get 'friended' would go a long way towards making them more interesting additions to the cast, which I totally expect them to become.

Did not expect Youm to get a romantic partner, much less this one, but it is working for now; it's a good dynamic.

Once again, this looks like all out war, but will it be? Or will Rimuru somehow stop the full scale conflict from occurring? At this point, I wouldn't be that disappointed in a peaceful resolution, as we have established other nations are willing to interfere with Tempest sufficiently enough to feel like some push against his modernization of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    I'm not sure I like the 'non-main character' other worlders to be so one-dimensionally evil. The school kids from earlier showed that they aren't necessarily all power tripping, so that helps, but this many just happen to be in that kingdom and have equally bad attitudes is a bit much for me. A bit of depth of character before they get 'friended' would go a long way towards making them more interesting additions to the cast, which I totally expect them to become.

Did not expect Youm to get a romantic partner, much less this one, but it is working for now; it's a good dynamic.

Once again, this looks like all out war, but will it be? Or will Rimuru somehow stop the full scale conflict from occurring? At this point, I wouldn't be that disappointed in a peaceful resolution, as we have established other nations are willing to interfere with Tempest sufficiently enough to feel like some push against his modernization of this world.
    In a way I'm almost hoping we see an all-out human on "human" war to the death, with Dwargon and other allies coming to the aid of Tempest. That'd be cool to see... maybe, as to not rely everytime in the monster seeming OP abilities.

I totally expect Myulan to die, no way Yourm is getting dat pussy If her demon lord has her heart, which I believe to be interepreted quite literally, then he'll probably crush it after she betrays him. That will then spark a war between him and Rimuru and a greater conflict will take its course. Because as we saw this episode, the evil otherworlder are small fry.

Except for the totally absurd "everybody that's near me, dies" ability of the girl. How convenient that just in that moment Shuna was around to counter the ability's effects, eh. It's such an overkill ability. Like Avada Kedavra in Harry Potter. It's so absolute that it ruins any excitement.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    I totally expect Myulan to die, no way Yourm is getting dat pussy If her demon lord has her heart, which I believe to be interepreted quite literally, then he'll probably crush it after she betrays him. That will then spark a war between him and Rimuru and a greater conflict will take its course. Because as we saw this episode, the evil otherworlder are small fry.

Except for the totally absurd "everybody that's near me, dies" ability of the girl. How convenient that just in that moment Shuna was around to counter the ability's effects, eh. It's such an overkill ability. Like Avada Kedavra in Harry Potter. It's so absolute that it ruins any excitement.
    Well, it's more like she suggests everyone to die I believe, so maybe they'd commit suicide if they're convinced? I'm not sure it's convenient that Shuna was around, this whole commotion had been going on for a while at that point, so stands to reason she went to investigate.

That said, that could be convenient is that she has particular powers that can block that...but is she the only one?

I imagine it only works on the weak-minded. There's quite a difference in making others believe a goblin is a lecher (you don't even need any special power for that) and making them believe they should drop dead. Maybe if she had thrown a smoke bomb on the ground and declared it's lethal poison, it would have helped to make the onlookers believe they are dying.

I get the impression that the kijin (Shuna, Shion, Benimaru, Hakuoro) abilities aren't defined, logical, or consistent in any way.

They're just arbitrarily "powerful" that manifests in completely arbitrary ways. Fireballs, spirit bombs, super strength, super ninja, super samurai, whatever.

They're stronger than everyone else, weaker than Rimuru. Author forgot to bother with the anything more detailed than that.

I get the impression that the kijin (Shuna, Shion, Benimaru, Hakuoro) abilities aren't defined, logical, or consistent in any way.

They're just arbitrarily "powerful" that manifests in completely arbitrary ways. Fireballs, spirit bombs, super strength, super ninja, super samurai, whatever.

They're stronger than everyone else, weaker than Rimuru. Author forgot to bother with the anything more detailed than that.
    Too true, almost like Rimuru got himself a super team with little effort just for befriending this tribe.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli
    She won't die. They have Rimuru. They also have crates of healing potions.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~