Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Tensei shitara Slime datta Ken

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    My fear is that the strings will sway and stretch, but never snap. There will be almost war or some other cataclysmic event, but it will be averted by the little slime that could, methinks.

I'd love to be wrong.
    Milim, can you do something for your bestie and blow up that nation?

/end war.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

---

Ooh, a party from our world! That's interesting.

Well, I'm not getting an anti-monster nation, but I am getting an anti-monster church. Though the racism is just a cover for greed.

Was that Kobold introduced in an OVA or something? I don't remember him joining.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 02-02-2021 at 02:18 PM.

The warm up phase of this new season feels quite long, but I guess that's what it takes it establish the situation and new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Well, I'm not getting an anti-monster nation, but I am getting an anti-monster church. Though the racism is just a cover for greed.
    If the anti-monster religion is a state religion, they would automatically be anti-monster. Other than that, if the less sentient/intelligent monsters, plus even some intelligent ones, are typically dangerous to humans, most nations wouldn't love monsters in general. If an organised, powerful nation of monsters popped up right beyond their borders, it would also generate a lot of anxiety. In addition to all that, and more importantly, the finances of the nation (that is, the king and the nobles) started to suffer. That would turn most nations anti-monster, especially if they didn't have the wits or possibility to benefit from the new market.

I curious what Rimuru has to do to earn the title of Demon Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    That would turn most nations anti-monster, especially if they didn't have the wits or possibility to benefit from the new market.
    It's less about "wits" and more about "unwillingness". Pretty much everyone can benefit from relations with Tempest because that's how Rimuru runs things. But instead of negotiating with him, they're just going to try and remove the competition instead.

Anyway, I'm sure this will end up with Tempest befriending that nation, but I'd much rather Rimuru completely crush their military and then all it's territories get carved up by it's neighbors.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 02-02-2021 at 03:55 PM.

Was that Kobold introduced in an OVA or something? I don't remember him joining.
    The guy who is now joining Youm's party? If not mistaken he was introduced in the first episode of this season with the delegation from Carrion.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    The guy who is now joining Youm's party? If not mistaken he was introduced in the first episode of this season with the delegation from Carrion.
    No, the little puppy dog guy. He showed up a couple episodes ago as Rimuru's guy in charge of commerce with the beast nation. But he was already a part of Rimuru's nation, and I don't remember recruiting him.

I know where pretty much everyone else in Tempest Kingdom came from. The goblins, the wolves, the dwarves, the orcs, the lizardmen, the oni, etc. , but I don't remember them recruiting a Kobold.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 02-02-2021 at 04:05 PM.

No, the little puppy dog guy. He showed up a couple episodes ago as Rimuru's guy in charge of commerce with the beast nation. But he was already a part of Rimuru's nation, and I don't remember recruiting him.

I know where pretty much everyone else in Tempest Kingdom came from. The goblins, the wolves, the dwarves, the orcs, the lizardmen, the oni, etc. , but I don't remember them recruiting a Kobold.
    Ah, the dog... I never associate those with Kobols, I mostly think of wolves. Yeah, don't know when he was introduced, too low in the totem pole.

Yeah, don't know when he was introduced, too low in the totem pole.
    I only noticed because it was a completely new monster, and Rimuru called him a Kobold.

So I was like, "Wait, when did we meet Kobolds?"

I only noticed because it was a completely new monster, and Rimuru called him a Kobold.

So I was like, "Wait, when did we meet Kobolds?"
    It's a forest of monsters. A very large one the size of a country. I'd assume it has all kinds of small tribes here and there. Just like the goblins, originally, were the single village Rimuru happened to encounter. Theoretically all the forest is now under Rimuru's control, but realistically there should be quite a few folks of different kinds that aren't even aware of him, unless Trainee purposefully went everywhere to spread the news. However, some of the denizens previously unheard of would have become interested when the city and Rimuru's influence grew.

Well, this is of course nothing but a theory.

Kobolds were mentioned waaaaay back when Gobuta was involved in a trip to Dwargon, but I don't remember seeing them until this season either.

And nice name drop of Parasyte, awesome manga (and anime which I haven't watched).

Meh, the Falthum people are so comically evil :/

Also my excitement is low, because i have no doubt that it'll end with everyone becoming friends after all.

What i really wanna say though: Why tf is no video game maker developing a strategy-sim game feat. this franchise?! Just let me create my own kingdom in any way i choose, with the monster i choose, being peaceful or warmongering. That'd be my most wanted right after Xenoblade 3 and BotW 2 ...

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Meh, the Falthum people are so comically evil :/
    Some RL villains are comically evil, although when you get to the victims, which may number even in the millions, the comedy kind of disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Also my excitement is low, because i have no doubt that it'll end with everyone becoming friends after all.
    Clayman has been a steady enemy from the beginning, though. His clowns were behind the orc disaster. Now he's again plotting things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Clayman has been a steady enemy from the beginning, though. His clowns were behind the orc disaster. Now he's again plotting things.
    Two things worth mentioning, we have otherworlders now that seem to be looking for freedom. Will Rimuru try to save them (and befriend them as a result)? If he tries to save them, will there be irreconcilable differences with the kingdom itself? Or will they be able to negotiate after all after they see how good an ally Rimuru can be...

But we also have the x factor of that church being involved as well.

For the moment, the kingdom is is looking for even more troops to commit than the 17,000 he already said it had to invade. We'll see how it goes.

Two things worth mentioning, we have otherworlders now that seem to be looking for freedom. Will Rimuru try to save them (and befriend them as a result)? If he tries to save them, will there be irreconcilable differences with the kingdom itself? Or will they be able to negotiate after all after they see how good an ally Rimuru can be...
    They were presented about as comically evil as the Falmuth leaders though, the only difference being that they're implied to be in some form of servitude, possibly as part of the summoning ritual like Shizu was. The Touma-looking dude and the girl were particularly bad. The quiet guy not as much.

Contrast them to Shizu or the kids, and well, they came off as two-dimensional evil just like the rest. Maybe they'll give them some backstory.

The scummy shit is that Falmuth is going to send those three, have them "rampage" and then use any resistance or attacks on those three from Tempest to claim "their citizens" were attacked and invade.

The logic that "Because who would believe a bunch of monsters?" is really shitty though. Rimuru already knows the leaders of other nations, and depending on your POV, most demon lords are monsters.

Is posting the world map for this series considered a spoiler? I wanted to talk about Tempest and it's position to other nations, but there's nations on the map that haven't been mentioned yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    the only difference being that they're implied to be in some form of servitude
    I'm kinda confused as to how exactly Falmuth is able to deprive the Otherworlders of their freedom in the first place, if they're at all as powerful as Rimuru or Shizue.

The scummy shit is that Falmuth is going to send those three, have them "rampage" and then use any resistance or attacks on those three from Tempest to claim "their citizens" were attacked and invade.
    Which is going to be hilarious if they succeed, because they're just going to get their asses beat if they invade.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 02-03-2021 at 11:22 AM.

If I remember right, they bind them as part of the summoning ritual itself. Curses are applied sometimes, according to the earlier seasons.

I think the kids don't have it because they were "useless," doomed to die, and sent to Ingrassia. They haven't gone into any real detail about the "successful" summonings in the west until now.

There's also a difference between Summoned (the kids, via incomplete, rushed, and "industrial level" rituals) and Otherworlders (e.g. Rimuru). Shizu was somewhere in-between I think, because the demon lord Leon Cromwell summoned her more properly.

Anyone's guess where these three fall.

edit:
    I've also been thinking the world map should be posted, but you'd have to redact it.
    The only locations you can really include are the Jura Forest, Dwargon, Ingrassia, Yuruzania, Falmuth, and Blummund.
    We technically don't know where Clayman and Milim are from.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Wed, 02-03-2021 at 11:32 AM.

They were presented about as comically evil as the Falmuth leaders though, the only difference being that they're implied to be in some form of servitude, possibly as part of the summoning ritual like Shizu was. The Touma-looking dude and the girl were particularly bad. The quiet guy not as much.

Contrast them to Shizu or the kids, and well, they came off as two-dimensional evil just like the rest. Maybe they'll give them some backstory.
    It's not the first time that Rimuru has befriended someone initially evil.

The logic that "Because who would believe a bunch of monsters?" is really shitty though. Rimuru already knows the leaders of other nations, and depending on your POV, most demon lords are monsters.
    We'll have to see if they accomplish it or if our otherworlders find a way to avoid it. But as you said, first they didn't seem to care about Tempest, in fact, looking down on them as trash worthy of being taken out. The quiet guy, implied that they can use this as an excuse to get away from their servitude... whether that be through the commotion they'll create, or finding an ally strong enough to help them, we don't know.

Anyways, glad to see that there's potential action coming our way. I like the worldbuilding, but I think they go too slow about it. It's the same structure in the LNs, we get a shit ton of world building, no action, etc. and then at the end we are sent some scraps for the action. I mean, the action is great, but it lacks balance. Much like the first season of the series... takes a while to get going.

Of course, we in general get more well rounded characters, though I think the cast is very large as it is and growing, which doesn't help balance things out.

Is posting the world map for this series considered a spoiler? I wanted to talk about Tempest and it's position to other nations, but there's nations on the map that haven't been mentioned yet.
    There are some maps that contain details that are spoilerish, but I think a general map of countries and what not should be OK. I have one that seems OK to post in my opinion, can remove it if someone objects (though by then it may be too late lol).

I'm kinda confused as to how exactly Falmuth is able to deprive the Otherworlders of their freedom in the first place, if they're at all as powerful as Rimuru or Shizue.

Which is going to be hilarious if they succeed, because they're just going to get their asses beat if they invade.
    Well, I assume they don't get summoned into a random place like Rimuru (I forgot how he actually managed to get reborn here and how he ended up there), so I assume they can do shit before they get powerful. I mean, it's not like there's too much logic really to the limitation of magic in this world, anything is possible on that regard, be it a spell, or an artifact, etc.... the usual fantasy stuff. If in fact, that's what it is, and not merely some sort of blackmail or depriving them of their necessities (which would be dumb if it is.)

Edit:

edit:
    I've also been thinking the world map should be posted, but you'd have to redact it.
    The only locations you can really include are the Jura Forest, Dwargon, Ingrassia, Yuruzania, Falmuth, and Blummund.
    We technically don't know where Clayman and Milim are from.
    Yeah, that's too much trouble... I'll leave to you guys if you want.

Edit #2:

Let me just say, we're now at about volume 4 of the Light Novel, and I believe it was this volume that provided a world map for the first time before the chapters began, and it included many places that haven't been introduced yet.

So up to you guys.
    Last edited by Munsu; Wed, 02-03-2021 at 11:55 AM.

It's kind of irrelevant what form or ratio of success the incident would have. They just need to have any kind of violent event to rally their own people and allies. Such things have happened in RL, for example in the beginning of the WW2. It's to gain a casus belli for official records and to justify the war to the citizens.

I say put the map in. Now that they're getting into politics, it would really help. But I read the manga, and the manga famously spoils ITSELF with the fucking insert chapter that started one of the spinoffs.