Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Tensei shitara Slime datta Ken

Honestly, these 3 otherworlders already give me the impression of changing to team Rimuru at the first chance. Unless they're more evil than expected. But I simply can't imagine a real, serious fight happen in this anime, especially not against humans. :/

As for the map, if you guys promise that it doesnt spoil important things, go on and post it. I just dont wanna be spoiled important plot stuff.

This is the official map prior to volume 4, which is the volume being adapted now. Don't know how readable it is:

https://i.imgur.com/u2aW2W6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    I've also been thinking the world map should be posted, but you'd have to redact it.
    The only locations you can really include are the Jura Forest, Dwargon, Ingrassia, Yuruzania, Falmuth, and Blummund.
    We technically don't know where Clayman and Milim are from.
    I think what I'll do is just link it, and say SPOILER WARNING.

Here's the map. Don't click it if you don't want to see countries that haven't been introduced yet.

The World Map

The main thing I wanted to point out is how Jura is basically a barrier between all the civilized lands, and all the Demon King territories. So Tempest is literally the bridge between humans and monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It's kind of irrelevant what form or ratio of success the incident would have. They just need to have any kind of violent event to rally their own people and allies.
    Yeah, but even WITH support and allies, they're STILL gonna get their asses kick if they attack Tempest. That's what'll make it funny.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 02-04-2021 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Yeah, but even WITH support and allies, they're STILL gonna get their asses kick if they attack Tempest. That's what'll make it funny.
    Although the kingdom leadership was presented as naively evil and greedy, but there is some realism in how they behave, as would-be invaders. The king immediately judged an army of 17,000 soldiers isn't enough. It's a very sizable army in the old days, but not enough, according to the king. So, he wasn't all bonkers. However, if you think about it, the Tempest nation didn't even exist a few of years earlier. Sure, the forest has always been full of monsters, but they were individual ones or independent tribes of goblins and such. In a sense, it wasn't a major threat for outsiders, as long as the dragon stayed put and there were no unnatural disasters. Now there's suddenly, supposedly, a country there. How strong, developed, or united can it be?

Oh, I'm not saying that they aren't being smart about it. They also sent a spy. Good on them.

My point is, no matter what preparations they make, if they want to take out the country, they're going to have to go through Rimuru and probably Millium. And, like...good luck with that. Bring as many soldiers as you want, it's not gonna matter.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEX
    Oh, I'm not saying that they aren't being smart about it. They also sent a spy. Good on them.
    The mage? She works for Cayman, not Falmuth.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Clayman from the Cayman Islands.

My point is, no matter what preparations they make, if they want to take out the country, they're going to have to go through Rimuru and probably Millium. And, like...good luck with that. Bring as many soldiers as you want, it's not gonna matter.
    Well, they have 3 otherworlders at their disposal, we don't know much about them yet. They have the Church also joining in with the plan (with some dude with a secret art), and their plan relies on more joining in after orchestrating an event that will give them an excuse for a righteous war.

As for Milim, she was at Clayman's castle at the end of the episode, and we know how good he's at manipulating and controlling.

Ohh...being from Falmuth, I was sure it was the Falmuth government that was having her spy on Tempest. I guess I missed the part where they established that.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Well, they have 3 otherworlders at their disposal, we don't know much about them yet. They have the Church also joining in with the plan (with some dude with a secret art)
    Unless one of their abilities is the ability to negate other people's abilities, I'm not worried about any of them being a threat to Rimuru.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    This was more to my liking. Discussions with ramifications and some intrigue to be excited about. I hope that, however war is averted (I still expect it to be), it is at least more interesting than 'Don't you like our hotsprings? Oh? You're Japanese, too? Lets be friends!'. These other summoned people, if powerful enough and not caring about the balance of this world, might also be unreasonable and cause some real conflict.

I want Rimuru to have to bend, for a change, to keep the peace.

Also, around 6 minutes in, a new(?) BGM started playing that finally gave the feeling of the Sim City ambience some of y'all have been talking about.

Unless one of their abilities is the ability to negate other people's abilities, I'm not worried about any of them being a threat to Rimuru.
    That's the point, we don't know anything about them to dismiss them. We don't know anything about the capability of the Church either. We only have a rough idea of what regular humans are capable of, but that's about it. Also, Rimuru is not currently in Tempest as it is, so that's something to factor... don't know when the attack will take place though, and he can Teleport anyways so he can be back on a whim at any moment.

Couple it with the fact that Clayman (where Milim is also at right now) is also trying to fuck with Tempest at practically the same time, Rimuru will be fighting on multiple fronts to just dismiss it as a non-issue, assuming they all attack at the same time. Though usually fantasy like this usually have us focusing on one enemy at a time, but we do have the spy already there and now this other nation is up to start some shit.

Honestly, I'm still wondering how strong regular humans got in the past before those summons became a thing. So far the strongest regular human appears to be the green-haired magician. Yourm is certainly the strongest, but he was trained by monsters, so that's not something regular humans in that world have access to.

I just wonder what kept the strong-ass monsters from invading the human kingdoms completely in the past, lol.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Wasn't there some thing about the everyone trying to steer clear of Veldora's cave for fear of him? And he's located pretty much right between the Demon King domains and the human domains.

Myulan isn't human, or at least she isn't anymore. At 6:44 in eps 28, she describes herself as a majin.

What Shizu was turning into through Ifrit's influence, though she notably died as a human by holding Ifrit off for as long as she did. I think that little shit that got eaten by the Orc Demon Lord was one as well.

Unnamed monsters also are drastically weaker than they are once they're named. Aside from Treyni and Gabiru (though Rimuru overwrote that for him, haha), Rimuru named everything in the forest personally, and Veladora named Rimuru (giving him a boost).

When MFauli said regular humans, I assumed he meant ones not summoned from other worlds.

Humans don't normally have magicules. So, the answer is they're weak.

Episode 29

- - - - - -

The moment Clayman decided to pick a fight with Rimuru for real.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    This is probably the first episode this season where it actually felt too short. Can't wait for next week.

I'm hoping Myuran created a helpful barrier instead of an unhelpful one, and that all the effects are of the pyramid prison thing.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

This is probably the first episode this season where it actually felt too short. Can't wait for next week.

I'm hoping Myuran created a helpful barrier instead of an unhelpful one, and that all the effects are of the pyramid prison thing.
    Her task was to stop communications, and Benimaru mentioned he can't contact Rimuru, so as far as that goes, I doubt she did something else than what was asked of her.

And safe to say, everyone's fucked? It's interesting that they went ahead with this plan, when the first phase was to incite a commotion for a righteous war, but if they were planning to attack regardless... Not sure why they sent the 3 otherworlders with that mission.

Unless Rimuru is inside the barrier all along disguised bwahahahaha.

Edit: Just noticed that Rimuru didn't show up in the whole episode, is this a first?
    Last edited by Munsu; Tue, 02-09-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    And safe to say, everyone's fucked?
    You mean the attackers?

Cause nobody on the inside seems like they're going to be a real threat to Tempest's heaviest hitters.

And the guys on the outside maintaining the barrier are...outside...where Rimuru is.

The Milium stuff is the part I'm most interested in. Why is she attacking the Beast Nation? Is she just jealous that they befriended her bestie?