Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Tensei shitara Slime datta Ken

As expected, it doesn't have enough new content to make it worth anything much. It was mostly a recap and then some foreshadowing. Not really worth watching, unless you really want to. I watched a minute or two of it by jumping/skipping majorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    As expected, it doesn't have enough new content to make it worth anything much. It was mostly a recap and then some foreshadowing. Not really worth watching, unless you really want to. I watched a minute or two of it by jumping/skipping majorly.
    The comment I had seen said that it was "mostly" recap, not sure if I'll watch it. I don't need a refresher. I'll just jump into the new season when it starts.

they should do a recap episode for Log Horizon ;/

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    they should do a recap episode for Log Horizon ;/
    This one I really need, I honestly forgot most of what has happened in that series, particularly with the letdown that was the 2nd season. I plan on reading the light novel eventually though, so not all that worried, but yeah... that's the one we need.

Just finished watching all the OVA episodes:

The first 2 are fanservice episodes. The last 3, though not good in the least, at least it was a story to tell... and kinda enjoyed seeing the kids fighting, also one of my favorite characters showed up again towards the end (he shows up in the last episode of the origial series as well). Pretty sure all are anime original, so watch if you don't have anything else to do. But at least it helped me recall that this character showed up. In fact, I didn't realize who the character was until now even if he's someone I've liked a lot reading the LNs.

Regardless, the first episode of the second season should be airing in about 10 hours from now.

Forgive the triple post...

Episode 1 of the second season just started, not much to it yet... spend little bit in the early going giving us a quick summary on how we got here (even though we just got a full recap episode just last week). There was a small mention of an event in the last 3 episodes of the OVA, but nothing worth watching the OVA over... more like an acknowledgement to help with continuity with the special kids at the school.

Other than that, some of the minions began a fight with minions representing a Demon Lord, we'll see how that goes in the next episode, but nothing really engaging so far. But it's nice to return to this world, with the other 2 big isekai series this season, this one seems to get the short end of the stick, but entertaining enough for me. Hope we get to see some big battles in the future.

Season 1, as far as the Rimuru thread went, it ended with him leaving the school and had some people following, don't recall if they were introduced at any point, but they were wearing white with a red cross in their uniform, but sure of some religious order.

With that said, it seems like season 2 picks up about a month or so before he leaves school if I'm looking at things correctly. At some point those event should merge and either their investigating Rimuru for now, or are going to attack him, or maybe follow him to his village?

I was confused at first since I recalled Rimuru saying goodbye to his students, but it seems they went a bit ahead just to leave us in some sort of climax in season 1.

Yeah, if you ask me, I'd say it was a pretty calm first episode. The fight feels meaningless. A diplomatic envoy that immediately wants to fight with the host nation. But then again, they are monsters, so maybe they simply can't deal with anyone before having some personal fighting experience with them.

Yeah, if you ask me, I'd say it was a pretty calm first episode. The fight feels meaningless. A diplomatic envoy that immediately wants to fight with the host nation. But then again, they are monsters, so maybe they simply can't deal with anyone before having some personal fighting experience with them.
    Just the usual tough guy act and then become best friends kind of thing I bet. I would've thought that they would agree to send equal amount of representatives, but seems like Rimuru sent 2 and the Demon Lord about... 3?

Or the electro-beast girl is just a hothead. That's my impression. Pairs well with resident ditz badass Shion, as illustrated.

The other beast nation people are much more cool headed. The knives guy was ordered to fight Youm, and both were kind of reluctant until they started going at it and got engaged in their fight.

Snake lady has just been cool and calm the entire time.

Overall, I'm fond of Tempest's demeanor: Let's try to be friends, and trade is best (we'll build the road for free). But if you're going to be an ass about things, repeatedly show disrespect, you're gonna get beat up. If you attack, you're just 100% going to die, because that's not cool. Their "diplomacy" is Youm's group spreading full on propaganda about how friendly and non-threatening they are.

My favorite part was when the human guy was able to keep up with the demon guy. Like, he must be ridiculous strong considering no human before got even close to fighting a demon overlord by himself. I always feared that humans would be totally worthless in this anime, but now we got proof they're not.
    Last edited by MFauli; Thu, 01-14-2021 at 04:11 PM.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    My favorite past was when the human guy was able to keep up with the demon guy. Like, he must be ridiculous strong considering now human before got even close to fighting a demon overlord by himself. I always feared that humans would be totally worthless in this anime, but now we got proof they're not.
    I was surprised myself, didn't recall any humans being that strong... maybe it's part of the training as they mentioned, but we'll see. Nice development to have for sure.

A diplomatic envoy that immediately wants to fight with the host nation.
    It's weird for a demon lord to even have a diplomatic envoy. Of course they suck at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Or the electro-beast girl is just a hothead.
    So don't make her a diplomat.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    I was surprised myself, didn't recall any humans being that strong... maybe it's part of the training as they mentioned, but we'll see.
    It's the equipment Rimuru makes them.

Being a demon lord doesn't make you a good leader or smart (look at Milim). It just means you're strong.

Both Rimuru and the beast lord guy sent strong people. Rimuru notably didn't send Shion or Gabril.

Episode 26

- - -

And absolutely no one was surprised by it being nothing but a test. At least Rimuru got a chance to display his might by absorbing the megaspell.

Clayman showing his vile visage was obviously the most important part of the episode.

Although for the orcs, beer was the most important thing. I can't blame them: It's hard work to pave a road.

Not much to this episode, pretty much pure narration to move the story along and keep setting the stage.

I don't think we ever knew that Tempest was kind of shit at Agriculture? I guess that makes sense, as Rimuru was an urbanite. It's also a clearing of a holy/haunted forest. Treyni and the bee queens probably wouldn't be too happy with a mass clearing of land.

Beast kingdom getting booze for their fruit seems like a much better deal for them compared to Tempest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Treyni and the bee queens probably wouldn't be too happy with a mass clearing of land.
    If it's cleared for gardens, fields (for crops, not cows), orchards, and such, bees would love it. Hard to say about Treyni, but maybe she doesn't mind cultivated land still full of life, even if it's not wild life. You'd think they would at least leave patches of old forest among the fields. I don't know how it was abroad but at least over here in Finland, that was quite common. Especially so in the old times when clearing forests for fields was extremely labour intensive, so folks tended to leave the roughest terrain alone if they could afford it.

That being said, I don't remember if the place has rough terrain! There were some hills, right, at least?

---

I'm kinda surprised that there hasn't been any kind of just straight up anti-monster racists in this series yet. I wonder if this new kingdom is gonna be that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

I'm kinda surprised that there hasn't been any kind of just straight up anti-monster racists in this series yet. I wonder if this new kingdom is gonna be that.
    But more than anti-monster, we need to see anti-demihuman. Don't recall if we've seen that. I know there were elves in the dwarf kingdom, don't recall if they were there as refugees or if they had a normal relationship. I think the ones introduced seemed to be in some sort of red light district... but that was one of the early episodes in the first season, so can't recall well. I just remember Rimuru enjoying himself under some huge boobs.

Haven't watched this newest episode yet, but other than the dwarf kingdom and the school where Rimuru became a teacher, have we actually ventured into a Human city?

Responsibility seems to strangely flow only in a single direction in the top echelons of the Tempest kingdom: Rimuru went to a bar for a night, and has to grovel before Shuna and Shion, begging for mercy. Yet when Shion shamelessly got so drunk she passed out in front of an allied nation's king, nothing at all resulted from that.

So, yeah, I very much agree with Gazel: Rimuru is lacking in regal bearing.