Thread: Goblin Slayer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Goblin Slayer is certainly not a goblin himself, he wouldn't have to hide his scent otherwise.
    He also said he can't see properly in the dark

The first episode was amazing. The only thing I'd consider somewhat weird was when he abandoned his sword because "there is too much blood on it". (Maybe he meant he can't grab it anymore and it would slip out of his hand?)

Other than that I was actually suprised how versatile the fighting was and that even small things like the totem had a meaning to them.

I'm also suprised that the rape made it in and how brutal it was in general.
    I read the first chapters (basically exactly where episode 1 ended) beforehand and it's a really nice adaptation.
    The only part that was missing as far as I remember it was that the goblin-poison is supposedly made out of goblin their feces and dirt - which I found did add another level of "ugh - disgusting beasts" when I read it.

Another cool thing right now would be his helmed and the missing "horns" on the side. I wonder if he lost them because he keeps fighting non stop, or if he removed them so he could walk around in caves more easily.
    I also enjoy how is armor is completely roughed up, telling us that he is indeed in the field slaying monsters.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sun, 10-07-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    The first episode was amazing. The only thing I'd consider somewhat weird was when he abandoned his sword because "there is too much blood on it". (Maybe he meant he can't grab it anymore and it would slip out of his hand?)
    I thought it was showing that Goblin Slayer doesn't stay particularly attached to any given weapon. He simply uses what is best suited at the time. He got a lot of use out of the goblins' own weapons because they were suited to cave size fighting. The line about the blood had to do with their sense of smell. Coated in that much goblin blood, they would smell him coming...but that doesn't work with the other scene were he coats them both in blood and dirt. So whatever.

We should discuss how amazing the soundtrack is for this episode. Super evocative for all of the scenes and really driving the emotions home. Gives me chills listening to the priestess describe the outcome toward the end of the episode. The music is so perfectly suited.