Thread: Upcoming Anime: Summer & Fall Season 2019

Upcoming Anime: Summer & Fall Season 2019

https://anichart.net/Summer-2019

This could be a good season, at least there's a handful I'm highly anticipating:

Vinland Saga - Big fan of the manga (same mangaka as Planetes) and looks like Wit Studio will be doing a good job with it.

Dr. Stone - Haven't read it, but seems like the manga is well regarded. Trailer looks interesting.

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - I'm tempering my expectations with this one. I've read the Light Novel, as far as isekai series, one of the better ones. Main character is quite good (though as it goes on, this is lessened). My fear here is that they'll accentuate the silliness and harem portions, instead of the action, violence, and gruesomeness that it could have. I also fear that they'll rush the contents of the first novel.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - I love this series, hope to see some more epic battles with good animation.

Fire Force: Enen no Shouboutai - No clue about this one, watched the previews and consider my interest piqued.

Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator - Haven't watched the latest Index season, but in general I really like this world... I just hate the Index character itself, this being a spin-off might be more palatable for me. I really enjoyed the Railgun ones.

Lord El Melloi II’s Case Files {Rail Zeppelin} Grace note - Another I don't have a clue about, but seems like something different.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts: Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e - This one seems like it could have an epic fantasy feel to it, so going to give it a try. From the previews it looks like it could have some decent action.

Other than these, haven't checked much of the others, but these ones will at least get a look when they come out:

Cop Craft
    Kochoki: Wakaki Nobunaga
    BEM
    Astra Lost in Space: Kanata no Astra
    Isekai Cheat Magician
    Last edited by Munsu; Sat, 06-22-2019 at 10:33 PM.

I actually find a ton of the upcoming season's anime interesting, so I won't list them but pretty much watch a lot of episode 1s. Promising season.

Vinland Saga finally gets an anime adaption! Can't wait. One of my favorite mangas ever.

Holy shit same as Planates, that was epic and I remember watching it on my friend's bootleg DVD collection.

I read some Vinland Saga back in the day on Janice's recommendation, looking forward to checking it out.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

I'm just going to use this thread rather than start a new one.

The Fall 2019 season sucks.

I'm still watching Dr. Stone from last season, but overall, the pickings are extremely poor.

No Guns Life has by far been the standout of the new stuff, and that's not due to the season being super weak. I'm really only watching one other series (the board game one), and I'm about to drop it because the main character is very repetitive in her negativity and timid attitude.

I'd watch Bokuben S2, but it is so dead-on the manga I just feel no need to watch it (good if you haven't read it).

Still waiting for Chihayafuru.

I watched the first episode of No Guns Life and liked it quite a bit. Shinchou Yuusha and Hataage! Kemono Michi have been better than expected, though it can get repetitive quite fast.

Hoshiai no Sora filling in for my sports itch this season, though not sure what I feel about "soft tennis" yet. That said, it has a cool ending sequence, akin to that of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Watched the first two episodes of Assassins Pride, it had a cool first scene, but nothing to show for it after that.

As with you, waiting on Chihayafuru, also Psycho-Pass 3. There's also Nanatsu no Taizai season 3, but still undecided if to watch it yet. Have read that it's censored and it'll be on Netflix later on anyways.

Can you sell me on No Guns life? I find the design of the hero sooo dumb, couldn't bring myself to watch it, yet :/

Standout anime for me is Gekokujo no Honzuki. Such a wholesome show. Reminds me of the anime of 20-30 years ago, befoee I knew that they're 'anime'.

If the words "SF hard-boiled" (what the series describes itself as) don't draw you, I'm not going to bother. It's not for you.