Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece

One Piece

So even though we have a subforum for One Piece, only, like, 3 users ever bother to use it.

So since making a Fairy Tail thread in the main forum seems to have worked out pretty well, I thought I'd do the same for One Piece. And decided now is a good time since it's the beginning of a new arc, and one the series has been building up to for awhile now, the Wano Kingdom.

---

Okay, the animation for the waters leading into Wano that are made to look like old Japanese art was freaking gorgeous in this episode.

Also, did Nami use Soru there for a second? It was during a gag moment, but it was even accompanied by Soru's usual sound effect.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    So even though we have a subforum for One Piece, only, like, 3 users ever bother to use it.

So since making a Fairy Tail thread in the main forum seems to have worked out pretty well, I thought I'd do the same for One Piece. And decided now is a good time since it's the beginning of a new arc, and one the series has been building up to for awhile now, the Wano Kingdom.

---

Okay, the animation for the waters leading into Wano that are made to look like old Japanese art was freaking gorgeous in this episode.

Also, did Nami use Soru there for a second? It was during a gag moment, but it was even accompanied by Soru's usual sound effect.
    Nami awakens soru due to Luffy shenanigans. I could see it.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

One Piece finally went full-on weeb. I like the new aesthetic. Like a water paining. I wonder if that refplects how Oda drew this arc or something. Also, the pacing and content were very good. How long can Toei keep it up? I do like the not-japan theme a bit better than the not-candyland we've been in for the last year.

FYI, the last episode that had Zoro was on Feb 12, 2017. Man, I missed that guy.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Yeah, dividing the crew for two arcs was interesting at first, but it lasted way too long.

---

Hot damn, new OP AND new commercial bumpers. After all this time.

So freaking great to have Zoro back.

Little concerned though that we might have AGAIN, just done the thing again where we sent half the crew off on a separate adventure and we had to come up with an excuse to pass Luffy between the two groups so he remains in focus.

I was really looking forward to the crew getting back together in this arc, but we've split off AGAIN, and worse, spit off into the SAME two sets of people. So we aren't even getting any fresh character interactions.

I hope they still meet up soon. I don't expect Luffy to take on Kaido's crew and Wano with a less than full force - that's what happened in Whole Cake Island leading to a retreat.

Man, these episodes have all been so well animated, and barely anything has even happened yet. Hopefully the trend continues for the rest of the arc.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

It's almost as if Japan is going all out for the Japan arc...

Gotta sell it to the weebs!
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Barf, preview for next week looks to be an awkwardly shoehorned filler mini-arc.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Honestly, I was surprised they didnt try to shoehorn in a small filler or two before Wano. The manga just got to Wano in July 2018.

Seriously, WHY wouldn't you put them just a few episodes earlier at the arc break? Why would you start a brand new arc, then add in fillers a couple episodes later?!

It's not even like the filler takes place during the arc, it's a completely unrelated side-story!

After the unfortunate filler arc, it picks back up right where it left off, and the superior animation persists. This might be a new golden age/arc for the One Piece anime.

I feel like Basil is going to be an ally, because of how mysterious I remember him being at Shabody.

Damnit Luffy, just give Zoro the sword. Ahh so frustrating. FYI, if you recall from way back in Logue town, the cursed sword Zoro gets from the shopkeep was Sandai Kotetsu, the weakest of the 3 cursed Kotetsu swords. And finally, 800 episodes later, the one Luffy has now is Nidai Kotetsu, the 2nd strongest.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Damnit Luffy, just give Zoro the sword. Ahh so frustrating.
    RIGHT?!

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    FYI, if you recall from way back in Logue town, the cursed sword Zoro gets from the shopkeep was Sandai Kotetsu, the weakest of the 3 cursed Kotetsu swords. And finally, 800 episodes later, the one Luffy has now is Nidai Kotetsu, the 2nd strongest.
    I'm curious which of his 3 swords he's going to end up losing in this arc so that he starts using that one.

Or if he's just going to start carrying around more than 3 swords now.

My current theory is that Zoro will end up returning Shusui to Wano because it's such a treasure to them.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 08-25-2019 at 02:48 PM.

---

I am a little bit curious as to how this lion guy and this lion are sharing a body. Tama needs to toss an orb into that lion's mouth.

Luffy knowing all about sumo was a bit surprising. I love his "Always beats Usopp" in his status box.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

I am a little bit curious as to how this lion guy and this lion are sharing a body. Tama needs to toss an orb into that lion's mouth.

Luffy knowing all about sumo was a bit surprising. I love his "Always beats Usopp" in his status box.
    Welp, you called it on the dango taming a smile fruit user
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

That Romance Dawn special was fun. Nice to see One Piece's rough draft animated.

...you can't just name drop like that and not elaborate on Roger's and Whitebeard's interactions with Oden...

I'm betting the actual setup gets revealed/fleshed out as part of the battle with Kaido (assuming it ever starts).