Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata

Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata

Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata (The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic)

Description: On a harsh rainy day, a high school student without any particular special skills, Usato Ken, got dragged into another world summoning with two others; the beautiful Student Council President and the charismatic Vice President, both of whom he strangely started getting along with just today. As an ordinary student that doesn't stand out, he thought that he had been dragged into the situation on accident. While the other two are quickly identified as heroes, the Kingdom still hopes that Usato will be able to use magic. It is revealed he has a terrifying and rare magic affinity: Healing.

This sounds like it couldn't be a more generic isekai premise. But that's where I was pleasantly surprised.

The series sets itself apart quickly with the Vice President being angry that they've been dragged to another world without their consent. The King is a surprisingly reasonable and thoughtful leader who cares about his people as well as the three he just got involved. The student council president...well, I'll leave her as a surprise, but I thought her character development was rather well done for only a single episode. It's revealed in a comedic manner that this is actually...

Isekai Field Combat Medic - The Animation.

The animation is good, the cast is mostly relatively unknowns and they're all great. The characters have more depth to them than most isekai, and it was entertaining throughout.

It's astonishing to me that a deeply generic isekai premise can be this engaging in the hands of competent writers.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Yes, very good first showing. The joke about 'hiding' the meaning of green crystal ball stretched a little thin, but everything else was near flawless. Likeable characters, some good animation, and less than overpowered characters so far. Enjoying it greatly.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Yes, very good first showing. The joke about 'hiding' the meaning of green crystal ball stretched a little thin, but everything else was near flawless. Likeable characters, some good animation, and less than overpowered characters so far. Enjoying it greatly.
    We don't really know the last part yet, do we? They could delete everything in the next episode.

I sure hope the support characters remain relevant (both of them, not just the girl).
    I don't know the source material bu it would be refreshing to see if they actually group up and do some stuff on the same powerlevel between each other, against things on a similar powerlevel, so that the "group" actually has to work together and not just overpower.

I don't like the combat medic's underlings though... I dislike that "YES BOSS"-character design. Must be a japanese thing and related to some yakuza/white collar kinda stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    We don't really know the last part yet, do we? They could delete everything in the next episode.
    I suppose not, but I'm hopeful since that hand is usually played within the first episode in shows with no restraint on the power fantasy.

Eps 2

-----

Rose was pretty quick to reveal their true purpose when he didn't back down or run away from her spartan training methods. They need to run as fast as they possibly can, well beyond normal human limits, so save lives on the battlefield. And Usato clicked with that immediately. He can be useful to his friends who will be fighting on the front lines. Rose and Usato are supposed to be overpowered, but not because they're fighting directly.

I like the way that this world feels alive and not necessarily centered around the main character. He's a side character in the world's narrative, at least until he suddenly will be the main character saving people from the brink of death like Rose.

Inukami being the pervert is of also a welcome treat. The ED is good, showing more hints of her life. She was happy, but lacking purpose that she has now.

Overall, the series reminds me of the earlier and more fun parts of Fire Force, before that series started down its "your true destiny" type arcs.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Running fast and for a long time is also a plus for self preservation.
    So he survives first and is fast to help others survive too.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Sooo... so fine so good, but now the story has to change up a little and give us some stakes (I don't think the bearhunt will deliver that, but we'll see), or at least something other than training...at least if said training is just physical

I like the thirsty FMC

Eps 3

---------

Of course Rose had the whole thing (mostly) planned out. She's an ogre, but she's still a healer at heart with a lot of empathy. The demon snake was a remnant from a previous invasion that the empire lost track of.

Usato done good to get her approval so fast.

We also learned that she's had two apprentices before, but they couldn't cut it at this stage.

And then finally at the end, busty demongirl sighted. I'm kind of hoping they're more of the irredeemable type, but with that design, probably not. There's actually a lot of cast shown in the OP that we've barely seen so far.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Fanservice is needed nowadays. And I thought that in many anime, evil girls do a better job for an old guy like me

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I hoped he could keep the rabbit...

But a bear isn't so bad. I hope we got to meet the other two healers at some point.

I hated this episode. Mostly due to the fact that I hate animals that act like humans - the rabbit perhaps because it seems to be a familiar, but the bear is wild and shouldn't be like that (and it looks super boring and ugly as well)

Fair enough, but I'll call these monsters rather than animals in that they have human characteristics, like the snake killing for fun. Either way, it probably won't be a focus going forward.

Caught up to episode 4.

Definitely nice to watch, but still so generic that I'll end up deciding betwee a 5 or 6 out of 10 on MAL. I wish there wouldn't be all the comedy, without it the story and setting would be more interesting. With comedy, there's always slapstick to fall back to whenever things get too serious.

I also found the solution to the bear hunt rather cheap. So instead of having to make the difficult decision of killing the bears, Usato is absolved from that and gets to kill an EVIL snake. What would have happened without the snake?

Anyway, will keep watching.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    I wish there wouldn't be all the comedy, without it the story and setting would be more interesting.
    I wouldn't be watching this at all without the comedy.

Still going strong. Good platonic chemistry between those two, as well. I wonder how the show will handle the actual demon invasion? What kind of scope will there be now that we have a clearer picture of everyone's roles? I'm kind of excited to see what is focused on (if not entirely rescue efforts).

Gearing up for war, and throwing logs at bridges.

I wonder how that premonition will play out, as apparently that black knight kills everybody. And why does a simple cat girl have that and want to call in a favor later for it? A defector?

---

I'm bored with this already. Another show that does nothing interesting beyond it's initial premise, which gets boring after 3 episodes.

Good news is that I don't think anyone here had high hopes for just another generic isekai used as a vessel to tell a generic fantasy story. The production remains of a pretty good quality, visuals wise. I'm holding out for how the battle plays out and if healing magic's application is impactful and/or interesting.

Episode 8:

Wait, so somehow her healing magic gives her super human strength? HOW? This is still what ruins everythiing about this anime the most for me: How Rose is so comically strong that all that demon danger seem like childplay. She can literally throw a big ass tree like it's nothing, clearly she'S stronger than any demon. If healing magic is supposed to answer that, it's just dumb.

Anyway, putting in a 2-episode flashback is basically filler.

This anime had a slightly interesting premise, but the focus on comedy ruined it.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Episode 8:Wait, so somehow her healing magic gives her super human strength? HOW?
    They already showed you. They do extreme physical training, and just heal themselves, so they never have to stop to rest or recover.

It's like Goku training in super gravity, with an endless supply of senzu beans.