Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Off with his head. Orochi didn't get much of a send off, and that makes a record two confirmed kills in an episode, right?

I kind of preferred the dual messiness of both Orochi and Kaido imposing on Wano. Now that they are effectively rolling into one unit, the defeat of them is a bit too packaged of a solution to all our woes.

I don't think Orochi is really dead. His fruit is turning into a hydra, so I think it's possible he can survive losing a head.

Ayoo, bunch of samurai just killed Kaido. Pack it up boys, we done here.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Uh huh. I'm sure.

...great (animation) cuts though! Better than the sentai transformations they used 'em on last arc.

---

Woo! 1000!

Back to We Are for the intro again, huh? What's this, like, the 4th time?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

Woo! 1000!

Back to We Are for the intro again, huh? What's this, like, the 4th time?
    Ahh, 1000. That explains the random strawhat crew montage in the middle of the episode.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

They even said "thank you". Somewhere I thought I heard it was an hour long special; not so. Oh well. It was still a fun little romp, and it starkly displayed that some strawhats have had much more story focus than others.

Yeah. Anyone that got an Arc in the Grand Line got way more than the East Blueies.

I feel like, as the country Zoro's master's style originates from, Zoro should be getting MORE content in Wano than he's gotten so far.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 11-23-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Even the flashback of the Oars fight made me think about how much Oda shifts focus on his characters. Remember when Franky used to spontaneously craft stuff, like the bridge or pillar nun-chucks? Now he just uses the same moves before turning into robo-warrior Franky.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The fake out worked on me. Drake had a nice little hit there. Luffy could use some marine allies- I wonder if more have infiltrated Wano?

I feel like, as the country Zoro's master's style originates from, Zoro should be getting MORE content in Wano than he's gotten so far.
    Is that a manga thing, or did they mention post thriller bark that Mihawk is from or studied in Wano?

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Is that a manga thing, or did they mention post thriller bark that Mihawk is from or studied in Wano?
    Not Mihawk. Zoro's ORIGINAL master. And I guess it's just kind of implied. Since Zoro's master teaches everyone katana-styles, the thing he taught Zoro about "being able to cut nothing, or everything" is like EXACTLY part of Hyogoro's explanation for Ryou.

So my takeaway from that is either Zoro's master was from Wano, or whoever taught him was. Either way, it seems to me Wano is the origin of the philosophies Zoro was raised on.

Not Mihawk. Zoro's ORIGINAL master. And I guess it's just kind of implied. Since Zoro's master teaches everyone katana-styles, the thing he taught Zoro about "being able to cut nothing, or everything" is like EXACTLY part of Hyogoro's explanation for Ryou.

So my takeaway from that is either Zoro's master was from Wano, or whoever taught him was. Either way, it seems to me Wano is the origin of the philosophies Zoro was raised on.
    Possibly more than implied. The Wado Ichimonji was recognized by Tama's caretaker as a graded sword originating from Wano. Considering that Wado Ichimonji was a sword passed down within Zoro's master's family, they may have had roots from Wano as well.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

After a couple weeks of filler, we got an episode.

New OP isn't my favorite, but I'll have plenty of time to warm up to it.

Akazaya Nine had their moment, but now they're about to get one-shotted by Kaido.

Plague rounds are as dirty as ever- is there any mentioned upgrade for the Ice Oni version aside from cold effects?

I'm not worried about the plague rounds. Chopper is there.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Plague rounds are as dirty as ever- is there any mentioned upgrade for the Ice Oni version aside from cold effects?
    Did the other plague rounds infect peoples' minds, too, or were they being forced to attack each other by the guards? I can't remember.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Hey. Adult Swim is airing new One Piece again. I can probably thank the loss of Family Guy for that.

Kinda dumb though, because their last run ended at the end of Thriller Bark. And this looks like they decided to start up again at start of the post-timeskip.

Which means to anyone just watching the show on AS...they skipped the Whitebeard War. >_<
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 02-01-2022 at 02:15 PM.

Which means to anyone watching watching the show on the AS...they skipped the Whitebeard War. >_<
    Criminal.

But who's gonna save the doctor? Giving scratchman the antibodies is so random, it feels like an excuse for filler. Now we gotta find and fight for a mcguffin in the middle of the Wano war?

Nami crying that Luffy would be pirate king was nice. Think Tama will recruit the brother/sister with her mochi powers?

Tama, in this specific situation, has the most OP fruit on the planet.

Have there been any other brainwashing/mind control fruits in OP? I recall Mr. 3's partner back in alabasta who used colors to change personality traits or something, and the puppeteer girl in Dressrosa made people lose memories (that must have been the most whack power in OP ever), but can anyone else just make enemies friends without friendship-no-jutsu that we know of?

Did Tama ride the dog across the sea from the port, or were the samurai so soft as to let her onboard twenty episodes ago?