Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beastars

Omg, I didn't even think about girl wolf! Now I'm almost sure that's gonna happen. Like, Legosi attacking Louis is too obvious.

But Legosi's reaction makes me think if that is a special happening or if jealousy more often leads to violent, possibly deadly, acts. Also wondering how relationships work. Afaik in the city there were only same-species couples, rightn? But at school girls of all species are into Louis. Maybe there's some (weird!) rule where students are allowed to have fun, but must pick a same-species partner as adults. Louis mentioned he was already promised some girl to help continuation of his species.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    My guess is that any animal of age can have sexual intercourses with any other race, but they still have to perpetuate their own species... Louis clearly stated that and I think it was mentionned at some other point in the anime.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Episode 9:

Omg, next episode pls 🙈

That said, it felt like half an episode was missing to establish thst Louis accepts his fate. As is, it was a bit too abrupt how the mayor said 'forget about her' and he instantly complies. A little more visible struggle would hsve been good.

Still a great episode and I love how mature this story is. Damn, it's such a creepy society! The part where the mayor had surgery done to appear more friendly, omg. And ofc Haru being prepared for being eaten ...

That school feels like a farce now that we get to understand the society behind.
    I also feel the balance of that show is crumbling, but maybe because I want it to be a story that ends well when in fact there are signs everywhere telling a more violent truth.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

It honestly starts to feel like this society is just one big scam to the advantage of carnivores.

Maybe lower carnivores really only have the black market, but higher ups might actually be able to freely choose ...

And with that old lion scene, it might be that whole school is in fact a farm that gives higher carnivores higher quality preys.
    I'm sure that old lion gets higher pleasure knowing he'll get to eat a cute Haru, a fully intelligent being with a life/history and culture.

Exactly. Got some strong Tomorrow Neverland vibes.

Episode 10:

This is *so* good.

Well except that tower run is a little too easy (for now at least), but other than that yes, nice story.
    I still do not see a Happy ending, with Legosi understanding his true nature. Sure Panda said he can learn to control that, but with the black market as it is, I don't think many adults can control their instincts...

I chuckled a little to the bamboo x-bow and arrows and the vietnam veteran vibes

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Well except that tower run is a little too easy (for now at least)
    I think it's a mixture of complete surprise AND the lions actually being victims of their own decadence.

Admittedly, i thought it was a bit easy, too, but it also gave me enormous Kill Bill-vibes (where Uma Thurman fights those hundred underlings of Lucy Liu's all by herself), so I was ok with it.

Next episode will be more telling. I just hope Panda isn't the sacrifice in all of that. And then there's the fact that unless they kill all the lions, the Shishigumi KNOWS them. Panda is a notorious citizen in the black market district, and the lions have direct ties to the school.

Btw something that kinda surprised me: female wolf seemed to genuinely care about Legosi when Louis told her he'd be gone. Kinda makes me root for her X Legosi.

There's no doubt Juno has the hots for Legosi. She's an ambitious wolf, but she has feelings too.
    Right now the lesser character is Louis. Sure he's just a powerless herbivore. But all in all he's just another cog in that predator/prey system. He's not even up to the level of the dude that cynically saved him.
    Sure predators are a lot stronger, quicker and have some rage factors that help them get the upper hand at times.
    But some preys can retaliate too, ever seen a warthog charge a lion ?
    Louis really needs to up his game.

I actually wondered why Louis is so weak. A real male deer vs a real wolf? Not an easy fight either way!
    And as you mention, that 'savior' deer looked strong, too. Plus you got ways to up your game, see Panda's crossbow.

Unfortunately, Louis seems to be heavily traumatized, maybe even brainwashed, by past events - and I can't fault him for that. Fuck, this society is all fucked up! If the story actually proceeds in meaningful ways, there *has to* be a war between those who desire peace and those who desire flesh.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Sadly, I didn't get much out of the whole rescue scene. From Legosi getting back-alleyed by some obvious punks to the awkward looking struggling/fighting in the tower, I would have actually rather not have been animated; like just cutting to him entering the room with Haru to save her leaving the journey to my imagination.

Good to know animals have access to honest to goodness smokeless powder firearms, but that makes the panda look like a chump since hes shooting to kill anyway.

The whole scene was unfortunate, but I'm still also really enjoying Beastars, and look forward to where the story is going.
    Last edited by neflight86; Tue, 12-24-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Tower was indeed too easy.

Lions have firearms but somehow barely use them. Their only sword was made of wood. Panda coached Legosi to bite throat as his only option. It was never required because Panda fucked everyone up anyway.

The only advantage Legosi has is blood-rage and surprise. Neither of those were used to particularly good effect.

As far as the story goes, it's really telling me that personal strength is everything. I don't think that's what it wants to tell me, but that's the moral of the story here.

And.. well.. if guns exist, surely you can have a herbivore SWAT group take out the lions.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Episode 11:

A maturely presented sex scene in my anime? Unpossible!!1

What a fantastic episode. From Legosi's beast mode, to his fun friends, until the love hotel part. Everything flows so well.

Only bad part imo was Louis going insane, meh. I had hoped that Panda would shoot the lion with his crossbow.

Man, I'm constantly tearing up because of what a good, yet troubled boy Legosi is.

Can't wait to see the reaction when he returns to school.

That last scene with Haru was a bit strange. I know there are suicidal preys, but only in specific conditions/cases.
    Well, you could always argue the love hotel setting and flirting with a predator is a newly discovered case ��

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    You know, on one hand I understand Louis. For Legosi the rabbit is everything to him, but not the case for Louis. Plus, this only worked out well because SuperPanda wiped out maybe 34 of the 35 lions out there for him. Even then, had Louis not turned up Legosi would have been dead anyway.

If Louis had a good chance then he might have taken that as well.

Panda talked about meat being sourced from hospitals and funeral homes etc, but surely a panda as well versed as himself wouldn't have known about cases like Louis.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Episode 12:

Bad: The whole Shishigumi event being shrugged off by teachers is super bs. If that's how much power meat-eating carnivores hold in the shadows, wow, this society is fucked.

Good: Everything else.

Usually I hate when the hero doesn't get the girl he wants (NaruSaku trauma flashbacks ...), but here it felt fine. Probably because it isn't decided yet, and they're both open about their feelings at that point, willing to work on it and see what happens. I like it.

Painfully reminds me of the opposite happening to me and a girl I liked. We used to chat on LINE. After some months I told her I like her, but that I'm not forcing anything. I only wanted to let her know so she wouldn't be completey surprised later on, long after she'd have friendzoned me. Ofc, instead of saying 'ok, let's see what happens', she got angry. We continued chattinf for a couple more months, but then she got so angry about random stuff (disagreeing on anime opinions ...) that she broke off contact. Still hurts a bit, but I can't change what happens ... ok, enough, sorry lol

Season 2 announcement is magnificent. I fully expect Louis to resurface, probablt as the shishigumi's new leader. His adoptive father seemed to be badass for a deer, too, so it's not too farfetched imo.

One big hope I have is for Legosi to develop some agenda, beyond 'i lile Haru'. Now that he knows about carnivore society, he ought to oppose it. With words, at first, but action, too. After all, many of his friends are at danger, too.

First episode of the second season should be airing today.

Wait, if it's on Netflix, does this mean all episodes drop at once?

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her