Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beastars

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Wait, if it's on Netflix, does this mean all episodes drop at once?
    Probably only Netflix Japan as many of these Netflix anime have been, not simulcast. Haven't checked. Other series that have been Netflix Japan have been weekly as well, maybe twice a week.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    S2e01

Good to see Louis again. Few characters cut such an imposing figure as he.

Juno went full-dere, and I can't say I dislike it...

I like that Legosi isn't impressed by his own prowess in detecting this 'observer'; nor does he begin to doubt his own conclusions when no one else believes him. That speaks more to his 'strength' and 'power' than any amount of praise from others.

Lol, them ending with that cliffhanger, even though EVERYONE who's seen the trailer knows its the snake.

Nice first episode, but i hope it picks up the pace quickly. I feel like we still hardly don't know anything about the world. What about Legosi's parents?

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    That small mammal teacher was using a pointing stick. How nostalgic.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

episode 2 of season 2 should be long ought according to livechart, any one you saw it already?

Apparently, the guy who used to sub Beastars stopped doing so. So now we gotta wait a couple days for another subber.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Available from DKB and YuiSubs for x265 compatible machines, seems PAS released a x264 encode.
    Check nyaa or animetosho

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Available from DKB and YuiSubs for x265 compatible machines, seems PAS released a x264 encode.
    Check nyaa or animetosho
    Thx. Yeah, got uploaded today.

Episode 14:

Animation is sooo good ❤

I like that the plot finally puts some focus on the murder that was the series' opening event. The interactions between all these species is so fascinating to observe. And even the shep didn't loook like generic background characters, but had lots of variation.

I can't wait to find out about Loui's promise, though. There must be an outside force that scares the lions.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Fuck I hate the sheep going all "What are you doing you carnivore, get out of here."

Firstly, he was at the door and he's there to chat. He's not in your space.

Secondly, if he really wanted to fuck you guys up, your little door and voice wouldn't stop him.

So chill the fuck out, and see what he wants.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Back to backed the last two episodes.

Lewis is quite the gangstar, and those lions were surprisingly level headed when their boss got capped...

Its kind of weird that- just now- Legosi (the security snake, really) or anyone for that matter is just now taking the Lem murder investigation seriously, as if it served its purpose as an inciting incident in season one and had to wait its turn to be relevant again.

Interesting that Legosi's admiration of Haru is likened to worship- that's strangely appropriate, and his romance is suffering because of it. Does anyone not think the killer was Bill at this point? I wonder what heavy burden being the Beastar is that there hasn't been one in so long as an apparent mercy by the school principal? Perhaps this society functions fundamentally different than we have been led to believe (instead of an approximation of human society)?

S2 E4:

I don't get it. Had Legosi stayed at school, he could easily identify the murderer by the bite wound to his neck. And now it seems like Panda is gonna send him back to school anyway. Weird move, Legosi.

Hot deer striptease, but I'm used to better stuff this season LOL

Ep5

Legosi's training is... dieting? "Smell meat, but don't you dare eat!"

I forgot to mention last episode, but 2nd in command Lion is surprisingly thoughtful to buy Lewis a salad. Speaking of Lewis- is that the same character we saw this episode, or is this what a Lewis looks like when all of his tension and stress of pursuing the Beastar melts away? Almost a different character. He was far less intense and brooding, and Juno was a wonderful compliment to him for their impromptu dance by the river.

Every episode I expect to actually find out who the killer is, and every episode it is pushed aside for other things. Sneaky, sneaky...

Man, this episode was so chock full of fantastic scenes.

Legosi's monk training, the girls' lockerroom talk, or Legosi and Kaworu-erm, Pina having some loveydovey meeting.

I'm, too, a bit annoyed that Legosi ignores the fact that the murderer must be walking around with a visible wound on his neck - why not tell everyone and why not look around school? This comes off like an obvious writing error, so I hope it's either resolved soon or we get a real good explanation at some point.

Ep6

So this is the part where Legosi has to... unlock his new power or something? Or did he just get weak from not eating protien or something?

Great scenes and cinematography, as usual, and Haru isn't being completely sidelined, but there are more important things to focus on right now. Like finding that hungry carnivore. I'm thinking more and more its the bear just because of his strength and generally unassuming demeanor. I wonder if he's going to be like the "Legosi gone wrong" character that never got an outlet for his hunger and so ate Tem.

Juno's heart has been played with again!

episode 7:

I dont get it.

I think the implication is that Riz's attraction to Tem was possibly romantic at the beginning, but it ended up manifesting as an insatiable hunger. He was in withdrawal from his presumably hormone altering drugs and not in his right mind. Passion became hunger is how I see it. Maybe that's how it works for predators? Legosi seemed to do something similar in the first episode.

B-but he still MURDERED someone. There's being understanding and then there's that, letting a dangerous persson run free in a school full of potential follow-up victims.

Then the bishounen sheep (Pina?) and Legosi provike him with 'hopefully you don't find sleep tonight' and leave him be - wtf, imagine if Ritz killed someone else that night!

I really don't like how Legosi handles this. You have to assume that murder isn't an everyday-occurrence in the news for this to be even slightly plausible. At the very least he could ask Panda for advice. Ugh.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I also wonder what happened and why in all Pina scenes.
    These scenes do not fit with the rather harsh and cynical world that has been depicted till now.
    Will wait for Legosi's thinking next ep.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I suppose some inferences can be taken in that only the snake has been seriously investigating the murder until now. The police haven't gotten involved, it seems. This society isn't fully conformed to our thinking. The danger of letting a 'murderer' run free is overshadowed by maintaining the illusion of a harmonious society that this, to outside observers, is clearly not.

I also don't get what the sheep is trying to pull.

I'll just have to take Legosi's new power up as presented, because I don't see how having a weaker jaw improves his other stats, or that he is suddenly tougher to chew...? No matter; not that kind of show. Juno isn't able to fully commit to hating either Legosi or Haru, and that's a cute character trait. I like that canines apparently like to help others- but that may be because I logs dogs in general.

It is pretty weird how the show has completely lost focus on the elephant (bear) in the room of what is going to go down with Riz. I guess there is an uneasy peace for now? Was there a deadline set for their confrontation?

For all of its theatrics, Beastars can be a bit obscure sometimes.