ynopsis
In a world populated by anthropomorphic animals, herbivores and carnivores coexist. For the adolescences of Cherryton Academy, school life is filled with hope, romance, distrust, and uneasiness.

The main character is Legoshi the wolf, a member of the drama club. Despite his menacing appearance, he has a very gentle heart. Throughout most of his life, he has always been an object to be feared and hated by other animals, and he has become quite accustomed to that lifestyle. But following the murder of a classmate, he finds himself becoming more involved with his other peers, who have their own share of insecurities, and finds his life in school changing slowly.
Just watched episode 1. I think this might be the secret sleeper hit of the season, just like Hoseki no Kuni was. Why am.I mentioning that anime? Because Beastars, even though cgi animation, also looks REALLY good and has a smooth framerate. The cgi actually enhances the liveliness of the world.

Speaking of which, I find the setting super exciting. All the racism/classism and how it comes naturally from the animals' kind. There's a lot to be asked abour this world, but I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

Main character Legoshi looks cool and likeable. And while I'm a fan of sexy furry girls, too, I like how the animal characters here are more realistic and less fap-baity than I've come used to with anime.

Apparently ep 2 and 3 are out, too, so I guess I'll catch up :]