Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jujutsu Kaisen

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Yeah; the "nobody likes Todo" joke finally wore me down and I laughed at his ridiculous personality. I liked how even his player introduction card mentioned his delusions of being old pals with Yuji.

I wonder what the last few episodes of this season are going to be now that the big confrontation is over?
    I also liked how Itadori seems to acknowledge that he was under some sort of hypnotic spell LOL.

As for what's left, I'd imagine a mini arc featuring one of the curses that was stolen.
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 03-08-2021 at 12:07 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Episode 23

-----------------

Well, the episode itself didn't explain why Megumi doesn't use his Domain Expansion. Satoru said he limits himself, and Megumi's answer was something like "to be a team player". Unless he has no control of his Domain, or his shadows indiscriminately attack things inside, I don't see how those things are at all mutual.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Episode 23

-----------------

Well, the episode itself didn't explain why Megumi doesn't use his Domain Expansion. Satoru said he limits himself, and Megumi's answer was something like "to be a team player". Unless he has no control of his Domain, or his shadows indiscriminately attack things inside, I don't see how those things are at all mutual.
    Yeah, his development in this episode is dumbfounding, cool action aside... But curious about his backstory, particularly about his parents. Hope to see more of his step-sister in the future too.

Episode 24:

And so ends the first season, I liked this episode quite a bit and just have two words for it: Itadori Roll!

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Yeah, his development in this episode is dumbfounding, cool action aside... But curious about his backstory, particularly about his parents. Hope to see more of his step-sister in the future too.
    I rewatched his scene and Gojo's explanation.

So it seems that Megumi has a trump card that is rather suicidal (Sacred Treasure something, that made the special grade jump backwards in fear when he considered activating it). And for that reason apparently, he doesn't try to do anything particularly exciting because he would rather coordinate with a team and also thinks about ensuring he's around to sacrifice his life with that technique if need be.

In episode 23, he considered activating the technique, but gave up and decided to try winning instead of throwing his life away, and this managed to activate his domain for the first time.

Anyway.. ep24 was nice. This series has been fun and I'm looking forward to the next season. Please don't decide to change studios and ruin it like OPM.

Goddamn, that fight was fantastic!

Nothing rules harder than action synced up to the music.

Kugisaki got to be super cool for once.

Sekuna eating the finger was lol
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 03-29-2021 at 03:45 PM.

Best part of the last episode:

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Best part of the last episode:

While I agree Ippo is typically the best part of any anime, I don't get the connection?

Great fight, animation, and pacing. Jujutsu Kaisen consistently exceeded my low to middling expectations and delivered very solid entertainment weekly. This may be the new 'traditional' shounen standard for ultra condensed storytelling and production. Some vague power interactions and fuzzy world building were small prices to pay for the bombastic cuts we got each week.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    While I agree Ippo is typically the best part of any anime, I don't get the connection?

Great fight, animation, and pacing. Jujutsu Kaisen consistently exceeded my low to middling expectations and delivered very solid entertainment weekly. This may be the new 'traditional' shounen standard for ultra condensed storytelling and production. Some vague power interactions and fuzzy world building were small prices to pay for the bombastic cuts we got each week.
    When they turned the tables on the bad guys, he did something that reminded me of the Dempsey Roll on the little brother (green one) at around minute 8:12.

Indeed. I knew the move you meant.

I feel like this episode dispels any notion that Kugisaki is this series' Sakura. ...while also showing that she's maybe kind of a psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Indeed. I knew the move you meant.

I feel like this episode dispels any notion that Kugisaki is this series' Sakura. ...while also showing that she's maybe kind of a psycho.
    She's Inner Sakura.

Jujutsu Kaisen 0 Movie BD link (~30GB)

^ magnetic link.

------------------------------------

-Young Maki was hot.

-Otherwise, pretty enjoyable, well animated but not-ground-breaking movie. I wanted to see what made the whip special.

-I'm pretty sure Suguru was supposedly killed, so the one we see in the main series is an actual curse rather than a human?

-Oh, and did the Shinji vibes hit hard? It should. It's Ogata Megumi voicing him after all.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Wed, 09-21-2022 at 01:29 AM.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I think it was pretty bad for a movie.

The fact that they went through almost a year of training like that didn't feel right.

And his demonic possession was cool when he entered the classroom and then relatively "harmless." and not really scary anymore. He had it all under control so easily.

---

Prequel season huh?

*sigh*

This isn't retelling the movie, like Demon Slayer does, is it?

---

Prequel season huh?

*sigh*

This isn't retelling the movie, like Demon Slayer does, is it?
    You mean the Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie? If so, this would be way before it.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Haven't seen the movie, but this was a great start to a flashback arc that I had low expectations for (only because it is a flashback; haven't touched the manga).

Episode 26

----------------------

I do enjoy how much Gojo reminds me of Kakashi. I still enjoy the little analysis of techniques during fights.

Personality-wise, he's nothing like Kakashi.

Personality-wise, he's nothing like Kakashi.
    Yes. I agree that his personality is quite different.

Episode 27

----------------------------

That was tight. Even though I got spoilt about some of the events that happened in this episode, it was still thoroughly enjoyable.

I was expecting Fujishiro to play "dirty", but I didn't expect him to have a Heavenly Pact like Maki. I wonder how he sees curses though since he's not wearing glasses. Presumably he sees them since he's using them and also gauging when Gojo uses his technique. His skills are pretty sick though, and reminds me a lot of a Mage Killer from another well loved series.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 07-21-2023 at 03:18 AM. Reason: spelling