Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jujutsu Kaisen

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Fight scenes are entertaining and nice looking. That show isn't my cup of tea, but I keep watching for the art and fights.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I'm starting this now because I came across some fight scenes that were actually pretty decent in terms of looks.
    And I'm out of shows to watch and for some reason don't feel like starting Attack on Titans - not sure why, maybe because I didn't quite like the idea of another civilization across the ocean that seems to be doing just fine. The show kinda lost all the "we are going to be consumed and the world will end" feeling.

Will try to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I'm starting this now because I came across some fight scenes that were actually pretty decent in terms of looks.
    And I'm out of shows to watch and for some reason don't feel like starting Attack on Titans - not sure why, maybe because I didn't quite like the idea of another civilization across the ocean that seems to be doing just fine. The show kinda lost all the "we are going to be consumed and the world will end" feeling.

Will try to catch up.
    Just a side note, last season of Attack on Titan's animation is being handled by the same studio as Jujutsu Kaisen, and looks like they've been given the greenlight for Chainsaw Man. They're giving them some hyped up projects, and although I haven't watched the last Attack on Titan, they're doing a damn good job with animation on this show. They've been doing great work for years so good for them.

Episode 13:

Well, looks like the end of this arc. Really cool fight to watch, but disappointed we didn't see it through to the end. I was kinda hoping that some low level character would have killed Mahito once he went to the sewers, would've been a fitting end. Not sure how it went on the manga, but also felt like the final scenes were rushed just so that we could end this arc. Also was hoping we could see more strategy used between Itadori and Nanami, particularly since at the end of the previous episode he said he was going to teach him through the fight how to take him down... but nothing was explained, they just went about it as normal.

Regardless, looks like we'll be beginning a tournament arc next. Those are always hit and miss, but glad to be around the other students once again, though I figure we'll be without Itadori for a bit until he makes his presumed surprise appearance.

Loving the action regardless, and also glad to see Itadori is not a character that stays in the dumps for long.

What the heck is going on with this superb animation.
    I really love the shots and just about everything about it.

The opening already got me and I thought it would obviously go to a different standard after the first 2 episodes but I was wrong.

Some blunders aside, this MC is like a strictly better version of Shiro from Fate and the demon inside him is a strictly better version of the 9 tails.
    I love this show.

watched all 13 episodes.

The opening already got me and I thought it would obviously go to a different standard after the first 2 episodes but I was wrong.
    Yeah, from the OP I assumed the sad kid was gonna join the school. But it seems like he died instead...

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Yeah, I kept thinking 'How are they gonna save him so he can join the destined group?' after he got transformed.

Some real good animation cuts here, but the power scaling is still a bit off due to the rapid story pacing.

Not something I caught, but it seemed like in the OP there was a slight change in the animation in which Itadori instead of just falling asleep in the end, now he does so with a tear in his eye.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I just watched ep 1-13 due to Christmas haitus.

1) MAPPA doing some good work. This show is so pretty to watch. They whole critical hit marker flashing up before each critical hit ended up being pretty dope. It's like when someone yells out their special attack, but more suited to our poor guy working overtime.

2) Story is good enough and there aren't any obvious immersion-breaking plot-holes so that's good. I particularly liked that Itadori realised Sukuna is just a curse in the end. Hopefully that realisation carries forth and they don't end up being buddies like some other shows.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Nah man, he's gonna tame that Demon Sukuna inside him someday. And take on his 20 Fingered Demon form!

After 3? weeks, episode 14 is out...

A bridge/setup episode. I liked how the reunion was handled, found it funny. Also, liked how the Kyoto side is so blatant about their intentions, no mincing words. Also feel like Gotou throwing those theories about someone who's a traitor is a complete red-herring right now. But we'll see. Glad to be back, next episode looks to be action packed. Also new OP/ED.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Also feel like Gotou throwing those theories about someone who's a traitor is a complete red-herring right now.
    I mean, it's not. They've shown us the traitor sorcerer several times already.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I mean, it's not. They've shown us the traitor sorcerer several times already.
    He's already been expelled (or is considered dead, can't recall) from the organization, so he's hinting about someone else. What I meant is that by he bringing up the topic now it's supposed to make us suspect the Principal of Kyoto and the likes, and we shouldn't.
    Last edited by Munsu; Sun, 01-17-2021 at 08:46 AM.

Hmm, I assumed that guy was working from inside the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Hmm, I assumed that guy was working from inside the organization.
    I think he was the perpetrator, one of the top Jujutsu Sorcerers, I think mentioned some episodes ago that caused some sort of big catastrophe or a massacre. If it isn't him, then curious who they were talking about, don't recall the name used when they mentioned it, but I got the impression that it was him.

He can't be just "expelled" because then he wouldn't have to work in secret like that

"I can't be seen talking to demons" etc.
    Is what I remember him saying (or at least something similar to that)

But sure, at this point, everything goes.
    He could have his "own" group working against the schools.
    So when the demon said to him something along the lines of "is it okay to use the fingers you had so much trouble to aquire" (unless I'm totally making this up right now) then that demon could actually refer to him as an "outsider" and not to him as a "member of the high council", which I thought he was on.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Mon, 01-18-2021 at 05:23 PM.

He can't be just "expelled" because then he wouldn't have to work in secret like that

"I can't be seen talking to demons" etc.
    Is what I remember him saying (or at least something similar to that)
    Maybe the context is of him being seen at all or drawing attention to himself (particularly if he's believed to be dead)? And worse if they connect him to the sudden rise of curses.

But sure, at this point, everything goes.
    He could have his "own" group working against the schools.
    So when the demon said to him something along the lines of "is it okay to use the fingers you had so much trouble to aquire" (unless I'm totally making this up right now) then that demon could actually refer to him as an "outsider" and not to him as a "member of the high council", which I thought he was on.
    All I recall is that there was a reference to someone that went berserk or something, and I figured it was referring to him. But could very well be someone else.

As for the fingers, what was mentioned if it was OK for them to give the school the fingers they worked so hard to acquire, he said it was fine since Itadori absorbed it anyways (which is their aim), so he has no problem taking the other finger. Furthermore that he's working on some ploy regardless... last episode he mentioned he was going to infiltrate or steal them or something. I think the context in that part was because the school wasn't giving them to Itadori and that they may kill him.

Regardless, things should clarify themselves soon enough. In all, I just don't think he's the character who's going to be the traitor. I think he's already not part of the organization and may be thought as dead or a criminal as it is.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    ep15

Ok, I'll be the first to admit that beyond some good action animation and a high body count, Jujutsu Kaisen doesn't have much going for it in the landscape of modern shounen, but I gotta tell ya... That whole scene where the muscle dude was fabricating a 'high school bro backstory' with Yuji (his new fetish buddy) had me in stitches from the moment I realized what it was- and kept getting funnier as it dragged on scene to scene.

Well played, show; well played... I feel a spark of endearment toward you.

Weird how he is already being told his unique (delayed curse energy impact) technique is apparently inherently weak and already needs improving; that usually occurs after a character scores a win or two with a signature move.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    ep15

Ok, I'll be the first to admit that beyond some good action animation and a high body count, Jujutsu Kaisen doesn't have much going for it in the landscape of modern shounen, but I gotta tell ya... That whole scene where the muscle dude was fabricating a 'high school bro backstory' with Yuji (his new fetish buddy) had me in stitches from the moment I realized what it was- and kept getting funnier as it dragged on scene to scene.

Well played, show; well played... I feel a spark of endearment toward you.

Weird how he is already being told his unique (delayed curse energy impact) technique is apparently inherently weak and already needs improving; that usually occurs after a character scores a win or two with a signature move.
    I forgot to talk about this episode. I think it was a mistake how they went on to develop this event. We had a lot of tension going into the fight, now it seems like there's nothing at stake. Hope some developments remedy that. Honestly, one of the few episodes that disappointed me. But yeah, I kinda enjoyed that full delusion that dude went into, and nice action when available.

Just feels like we're in a long ass introductory phase still plot wise.

I KINDA saw it coming, like a long time ago. When they first introduced the fact that this guy's opinion of people is based on their taste in women, I immediately predicted that Yuji was gonna say something that would immediately make him like him when asked(though, without the elaborate false memory).

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEX
    I KINDA saw it coming, like a long time ago. When they first introduced the fact that this guy's opinion of people is based on their taste in women, I immediately predicted that Yuji was gonna say something that would immediately make him like him when asked
    Same. When he's so polar like that, someone's going to give the correct answer and win him over.

Divergent fist has pluses and minuses. The double hit is a nasty surprise because most people will guard against the first hit, so the second lag of energy takes them by surprise. Keeping up your guard for longer than expected would throw your timing off as well.

On the other hand, if your punch and curse energy are both weak-ish individually, then someone with innately high resistance will just feel like they're getting hit by two weak attacks. One would think that syncing both attacks together so they spike in unison would yield the best result. It takes it from being a strange attack with weird timing to being a properly strong attack.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~