Thread: Senyoku no Sigrdrifa

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Senyoku no Sigrdrifa

251703.jpg

"When the Pillars suddenly appear on Earth, threatening all life, it's only the act of the god Odin that offers humanity salvation. Providing a means of fighting back, he gives Earth the Valkyries, young female pilots with supernatural powers and spirit fighter planes. These skilled troublemakers, all young, risk their lives in a long-running war—but the final battle is fast approaching!"

Source: funimation

Genre(s): Science fiction/fantasy, military, action, slice of life

Maybe I'm going soft, but this feels like a well put together show. It's always an unfair advantage when the first episode is a double length, but it takes advantage of the run time to establish the characters in an non-obnoxious way. It takes time to touch on some non combat ideas that flesh out the characters and scenario. If you can hand wave that the show never actually describes why these girls in old fashioned planes with regular seeming munitions are the only ones who can damage the Pillars, the areal action is entertaining. Recommended if you like a slightly more grounded 'girls save the world' show. Feels kind of similar to "Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai" without the full on CG.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    It feels like following the lives of pilots in a game with old planes against aliens. In fact this is the exact pitch.
    Said planes have colorful super weapons you have to carefully use. They only miss options like R-type

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Episode 7

I'm surprised they put up with Odin's chunni attitude enough to trust his intel, as he was clearly holding back vital details about Thor that could have saved lives.

Also, the 'dead comrades risen as enemies' has always got my attention, in a morbid curiosity kind of way. We never saw into their cockpits, so we can't know if they were zombified or the planes simply piloting themselves... Good batch of episodes.