Thread: Kamisama ni Natta Hi

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Kamisama ni Natta Hi

English: The Day I Became a God
    Japanese: 神様になった日
    Studios: P.A. Works
    Source: Original
    Genres: Drama, Fantasy

Synopsis: At the end of the last summer vacation of high school, Youta Narukami spends his days preparing for the university entrance exams, when a young girl named Hina suddenly appears, proclaiming herself as the "god of omniscience." Youta is confused and does not believe Hina when she tells him "The world will end in 30 days." After witnessing Hina's God-like predictive ability, Youta begins to believe her powers are real. Hina, who is innocent and childlike despite her supernatural powers, decides for some reason to stay at Youta's home. Thus begins the start of their lively summer before the end of the world.

Links: MAL, ANN, AniDB, Official.

-------------------------------------------

Yep, this is Key alright. The laid-back slice-of-life, sudden outbursts, random scenarios that each episode lands you into and this overarching supernatural plot. That's Key.

And I like it because of that. Art isn't on par with their greatest works but the package is nice. A watch for me.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Episode 07

--------------------------

If you know everything, you should know that Youta would bust you out of the truck in due time and that you'd survive etc.

Episode 10

-----------

I don't think the change of pace worked at all here. This ep just felt flat.

Ending was pretty crap as well.

It felt parallel to a family having to live with someone after suffering a traumatic brain injury. It doesn't help the story that Hina's restrictions fluctuated so much - at one stage she just lies on bed and screams, but then can walk and say words. She just does whatever is convenient for the story at that point in time and that ruins immersion.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Dropped it in the middle of the ep after the nonsensical mahjong competition.
    Young teens messing around loudly and not in an enjoyable way to watch/follow manner.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Just finished it...

Solid series that hit both humor and grief, though the laughs were much more common than the tears. The story does begin getting a bit messy when it... tries to be important, but the slice of life stuff beforehand (about 3/4 the series) was enjoyable and worth watching. Ending was a bit painful, but I'm sure that was purposeful, so I'll take it, and at least it is a solid conclusion to the story. Feels like an anime aimed at 'normies', but I'm not complaining.