251641.jpg

"* Based on a smartphone game by KLab.

In the Wahrheit Empire, humanity's spirit remains fragmented from a disaster in the past where many lives were lost to bloodthirsty monsters who were once summoned. But the fate of the capital is about to drastically change when shy transport worker Inumael and naive Empire soldier Leocadio get caught up in a smuggling incident.

Source: funimation"

Genre(s): Drama, character, fantasy, sci-fi

Maybe I'm getting old and soft, but I don't remember mobile phone game adaptations being this good. If you are looking for a more grounded story where most characters are 'shades' of grey instead of outright good/evil, this might get you through the season. The 'monsters' are really a background element, and there is hardly any fighting- mostly dialogue and intrigue, but the scriptwriter seems to be having fun putting together a story and I'm thoroughly entertained. The character art is distinct, but the animation is noticeably sparse, and the wold is a bit anachronistic (architecture looks almost turn of the century, but there are televisions and cameras AND magic). Give it a try if you want a break from Moe.