Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Shield Hero started at nearly the exact same time.
    Oh, so it did. I actually checked that first, but I guess I was looking at the manga date.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    what. Slaves existed in medieval times and isekai often take place in fantasy medieval settings, so that's why there's slaves. It's no more a trope than swords being a weapon of choice.
    Just because it existed, doesn't mean I want to watch a show about it. People used to shit themselves to death a lot in medieval times too.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    IRL, PTSD and depression need lots of time to partially heal. Partially because it can come back with a vengeance anytime.
    So yes, we're in a pretty boring and long process.
    I too felt the ep was full of nothing or interrest, but that's how that story goes.

Maybe the only thing that was fun was the figurine making.
    It shoes Rudeus isn't as sharp as he once was. And my take on this is not his magical skills, nor his mana fine controls. He's in both categories close to monster/god levels.
    So my take is that his depression also explains his figuring making skills as it does his ED.
    When he made Roxy's, he had the full sex drive of a teenager body and libido intricacies of a 40+ virgin.
    Which fueled his imagination and planing, but also his willingness to try as much as it takes to create the multiple layer Roxy figurine.
    Even Rudy states he was like Zano, very different from what he is now.

So I guess being able to make another figurine equaling or even bettering Roxy's level will be a clear sign he's healed enough to function properly in all matters of life.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

"I really need to make a sexy Fitz fig..."

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Oh, so it did. I actually checked that first, but I guess I was looking at the manga date.

Just because it existed, doesn't mean I want to watch a show about it. People used to shit themselves to death a lot in medieval times too.
    But the pedo-rape attempts were fine. SaitamaOK.gif

Tbh I'd love to see an anime and a hero for once that portrays slavery realistically. like, here's a hot slave girl, now the hero's gonna bang her and she does NOT enjoy it. Ofc, writing is boring and doesn't dare stuff like that in the year 2023, so we're stuck with "there's slavery in this world, but the hero and his friends are THE ONlY ONES who treat them nicealy", sigh.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    But the pedo-rape attempts were fine.
    Yeah, cause I DEFINITELY said that.

Fucking dipshit...

I don't think slaves were treated well enough to be hot.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Episode 7

- - -- - -

One excellent detail about this incident is how horrifying things must have turned for the beast girls when Rudeus started to talk about his "religion" and revealed that the holy relic is a pair of panties. That's basically the point where the captured girls would realise they aren't merely dealing with someone angry about a broken figurine and thus could expect to get away with it with some minor punishment. In the end it's not like one student would normally do that much to another student, even if they were angry. Instead they found out they are dealing with someone quite possibly afflicted by insanity. So, all bets are off considering the retribution. I reckon they didn't yet expect to be killed, but it could have still been anything. I suppose Fitz appearing there assuaged them somewhat due to "his" immaculate reputation.

Oh Rudeus...you never change...

Rofl, it went from "ok, these girls do deserve some punishment" to "kidnapped them and had them pee themselves, right after sexually abusing them" quickly. And they're both hilariously submissive with the "boss" adressing lol.

Sylphie keeping her identiy a secret is still fuck annoying and I hate that it's probably continuing until episode 12 at least, sigh.

The dwarf slave is adorable, but I'm not yet convinced that Zanoba won't do terrible shit if he ever gets angry.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    "Maybe Paul and Eris were stronger than I thought"

Yep. Yep they were. I see mud-debuff works like a treat whenever it happens.

Sylphie not taking her glasses off is at the very least inconsistent with how she goes running without her glasses. That's actually what pissed me off.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Sylphie not taking her glasses off is at the very least inconsistent with how she goes running without her glasses. That's actually what pissed me off.
    Maybe the point is to not be recognized as Fitz while out running.

Isn't the whole point of the sunglasses to cover a good portion of her face, to increase the chance of people believing she's a male bodyguard? Nothing more than that. As long as her cover isn't blown, it doesn't really matter what she does. Having a run so early that only a few people, most of all very few students, are awake, probably has proven to be safe without the sunglasses. Showing the elf ears would still be a huge risk, so she covers them with the massive hat. Since those ears would absolutely be one of the most distinctive features of hers, when they can't be seen, few would actually connect the dots, especially if she's not walking next to the princess.

I did think it was a cute scene when she was like "It's what I think Rudeus would do." and then you see him jogging by in the background.

S2 Eps 08

----

This whole season is going nowhere, huh?

The entire episode was basically two gags. They were decent ones, but I can now fully comprehend why this part of the series is not that well received.

Season 2 - Episode 8:

It wasn't a boring episode, but I really wonder if we have the time to waste away entire episodes on school life like this.

Also, that being Rudeus' most powerful attack was kinda underwhelming. He has spells that can terraform entire landscapes, and this little drill is it? I expected more. "But it was a really concentrated attack!!1", sure, still, I expected something stronger, something that's guaranteed to hit the enemy, too.

Kinda like that it's established that the two cat girls are Rudeus' pack now, lol. Cannot wait for the h-doujins <3

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I mean, something hard and solid would have a pretty good chance of wounding, so it's not a bad PvP attack, especially when the other party told you they'll take the hit.

Admittedly, I too felt that this was a more technical spell than anything else. It felt like the fireball that cracked Orsted's shield drained more of Rudy's mana. Compared to Excalibur, this felt more like Archer's Caladbolg II.

The change of season also meant that slut-elf stuck with Chris for a whole 3 months without a breakup. It did feel a little cheap to see him get over Eris instantly.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I reckon this was Rudeus's best spell vs a single target he judged the correct against a demon king. Rudeus is from Earth, even if from Japan with a non-Western culture, yet that world they are living is more Western than Oriental, so maybe he thought fire might not be the best element against one from Badigadi's species. He would thus go for earth. In any case, I do think it's a formidable single target spell.

It's kind of gruesome, but I found the scene right after Rudeus shot the spell at Badigadi to be the funniest in the episode. There was so much setup, with the demon king being such a Hulk, having beaten all of those folks, being Kishirika's partner, and specifically asking Rudeus for his best spell. The expectation would be that Badigadi could take it, yet he seemed to have been obliterated. Rudeus is very subdued and polite with everyone, despite being famous, so suddenly brutally killing someone in front of the student body would have been quite a constrast to his previous behavior.

Kinetic weapon was a good choice.
    Also, Rudeus has God level magic, he had to choose something that would not level the school grounds.
    So going for a very concentrated energy projectile was the right move.
    He was lucky Badigadi was actually strong enough to dissipate most of the energy from the hit and not letting it destroy buildings behind.

Rudeus: *Fires magic railgun*
    Forums: "...meh."

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Rudeus: *Fires magic railgun*
    Forums: "...meh."
    Oh, I'm sorry.

"Godfather of Isekai" means it was done the best here even though it wasn't remotely original by the time this was written.