Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Yeah, if the world really does erase otherworld influences. Using reincarnation to have Rudeus born into this world might be Man-God's way around that.

Cool, it's almost like we wouldn't need an entire episode of pure verbal exposition if we hadn't spent 8 hours filled with less important events. /s

Though tbh, time went by fast and I thought only half of the episode had gone by when the title of the next episode appeared.

I don't get it: Nanahoshi has no mana. Then instantly uses powerful magic, enough to defend against Fitz who's probably #2 after Rudy.

And I'm not okay with Rudy accepting her teamship this easily. Orsted could show up any moment and obliterate him (and everyone else). i would have liked to see more talk about that issue, like "But can you keep me save from Orsted for the time being?" or something.

Lastly, Sylphie still hiding her real identity is so fucking dumb, but I guess that will be the "big" episode 12 twist before the season goes into half-time break. sgh

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    I don't get it: Nanahoshi has no mana. Then instantly uses powerful magic, enough to defend against Fitz who's probably #2 after Rudy.
    They were magic items. We saw her put the rings on right before.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    And she mentioned that dead things have mana, so she just needs to extract them and make an item out of it.

One discrepency I haven't made sense of yet is that Nanohoshi says that Orsted will come and kill him depending on his action as if it's one of several predetermined outcomes - but when Orsted met them years ago he had no idea who Rudy was and that Paul should only have two offspring, so Rudy should still be an unknown in this timeline.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    That was one of the best details in the episode. Nanahoshi expected something to happen once she told she was deeply involved with the mass teleportation incident. So, before saying anything about it, she stealthily put the magic rings on. I guess she pulled that off perfectly since MFauli paid no attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    One discrepency I haven't made sense of yet is that Nanohoshi says that Orsted will come and kill him depending on his action as if it's one of several predetermined outcomes - but when Orsted met them years ago he had no idea who Rudy was and that Paul should only have two offspring, so Rudy should still be an unknown in this timeline.
    Orsted only spared Rudeus because Nanahoshi convinced him it would be more useful to let the dude live for the time being. Normally Orsted, apparently, kills everything that has got anything to do with the Man-god. I'd suppose Orsted has encountered before people more deeply involved with the Man-god and he was convinced enough Rudeus isn't actually working for him. However, from that it's pretty easy to see that Orsted would still likely want to kill Rudeus and is most certainly keeping an ear on him to gauge if Rudeus ever crosses some line that would make him the Man-god's servant (believer) for sure.

I don't know what the Paul supposed to have only two children and Rudeus doesn't belong there mumbojumbo was supposed to be. I'd say that even if Orsted is involved in time travelling, he's not too smart, believing everything will be the same every time. It's quite strange Paul and Zenith wouldn't have a lot of children to begin with, considering how much of a stud Paul was and how beautiful Zenith is. Besides, now Orsted does know about Rudeus, so doesn't that mean Rudeus belongs there? If the whole universe made Orsted the ultimate judge of who does and doesn't belong (as if). He's just a homecidal maniac who pretends that's his job, so that he has an excuse to kill people, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I'd say that even if Orsted is involved in time travelling, he's not too smart, believing everything will be the same every time.
    Unless some time-traveler was expressly altering events, why wouldn't it be?

The fact that Paul was supposed to have 2 kids, and now has 3, tells him that someone did something to alter the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    He's just a homecidal maniac who pretends that's his job, so that he has an excuse to kill people, if you ask me.
    My assumption is that he hates the Man-God because he did something to screw him over. So now he's made it his mission to undo all of the Man-God's works.

That would include killing his followers. Thwarting his plans. Searching for a way to kill the god itself. etc.

I guess that's it. although imo items shouldn't work either if you have ZERO mana. Like, you'd need at least some to active/connect the items, right? That's my perception of magical items at least, lol.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

My assumption is that he hates the Man-God because he did something to screw him over. So now he's made it his mission to undo all of the Man-God's works.

That would include killing his followers. Thwarting his plans. Searching for a way to kill the god itself. etc.
    It was more or less verified here that he has some personal problem with the Man-god. However, he's not only interested in killing the Man-god's followers, it's enough that someone knows such an entity possibly exists. It's like he wants to erase all knowledge of the Man-god in the world. That's pretty difficult if the Man-god can possibly contact people in their minds/dreams. Although if the Man-god can only contact people he brought over from Earth, then it might be a different thing. Nevertheless, if he kills even people who just happened to hear the name and are wondering what the heck it is, aloud, then Orsted is most certainly a homicidal maniac. Even Rudeus is no follower, more like a victim or the target of the Man-god's schemes.

Timelines could to be different simply because of coincidences and randomness of events. Orsted himself could cause great changes. He looks scary and regular people can barely breath in his presence, so if he takes a different route of walking in a different timeline, the events it could trigger could be world-shaking.

There's no evidence that the Rudeus' reincarnation has anything to do with the mass teleportation event.

If I had to guess, I would say the Man-God reincarnated Rudeus when he died. And then Orsted or someone else caused the mass teleportation event that brought Nanahoshi over, possibly while trying to thwart the Man-God's activities.

Like: "Oh, I've been able to determine that the Man-God brought somebody here from this other place and time. I hate the Man-God, so I'm going to perform a big magic to try and find out more about that place/time. Oops, I made a big explosion and dragged someone over."
    I feel like this is fairly close to the truth at work here.

Man-God brought Rudy over here for something. We don't know what, Rudeus doesn't know what. Man-God tries to manipulate Rudeus into doing things and altering events for him. We do know that Rudeus doesn't trust him anymore, but since Man-God doesn't try to directly control him, he rolls with most of it.

But Orsted knows what elements are at play here and kept Nanohashi close to him as a countermeasure or as penance for a mistake. Man-God is a threat to Orsted, very clearly.

I'm thinking that Orsted himself kicked off the mass-teleportation in an attempt to counter Man-God's plans that involve transmigrators (i.e. Rudeus or possibly someone else). It just went more wrong than they all thought it could.

Given this is an isekai, transmigrators are undoubtedly keys to breaking some kind of cosmic stalemate. We just don't know what side Rudeus is unwittingly on, or if Nanohashi and her friends are being treated fairly. Quite a few series discussed here at length work the same way in varying degrees.

Manipulating someone like Nanohashi who desperately wants to go home is easy. That's a great use of isekai characters, actually. Manipulating someone like Rudeus who hates his old world and wants to stay is quite a bit harder.

"If you don't help me, this world will end" - pretty easy to manipulate Rudy.

"If you don't help me, this world will end" - pretty easy to manipulate Rudy.
    Would you actually believe such a thing? It even sounds like blackmailing. It's much easier and effective to manipulate Rudy by promising him that by travelling somewhere, he can get his little brother to wake up from its long sleep, haha. Since it's literally about a big thing but doesn't really require much from Rudeus, he might as well do it. That's how manipulation works. Whether Rudeus being in that academy city actually benefits the Man-god in some way is unknown. Maybe he's still merely trying to make Rudeus believe him so that if one day a critical choice is to be made, Rudeus would listen to the Man-god's opinion.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Orsted could be some kind of world moderator, whose job is to erase anything not from that world I'll call isekai.
    Rudeus and Nanahoshi coming from earth are foreign entities for isekai.
    Now I think I understand better what Nanahoshi was meaning, to keep a natural balance, any influence from outside isekai will be erased.
    For some reason Man-God is a huge external influence, so in doubt kill before you are sure of the link to Man-God.
    Orsted did not kill Nanahoshi probably because he could not feel any mana from her. Later when she was able to communicate he understood her only wish is to leave, not disturb isekai.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I'm quite unsure about whether the Dragon God actually has anything to do with the teleportation.

Going back to that actual episode, mana gathered near where Rudy was:

-Dragon God was walking around and getting attacked by dragons, noticed mana gathering, had no idea what was going on and went to investigate.

-Kishirika noticed the mana and spell, but couldn't use her clairvoyance to see the caster so she went to investigate.

-Lord Perugius, sitting in his floating castle, thinks the mana looked like a Light of Summoning and wondered if someone was trying to unseal the Demon-God Laplace, and sent his lackey out.

-Lackey fought Ghislaine, lights happened and Rudy then met with the Man-God for the first time in his dream and told him he got caught up in a mana disaster.

-Fast forward to Rudy x Orsted. Orsted's expression changed when Rudy asked him if he knew anything about the mana disaster. He said he didn't, and then asked Rudy if he knew the Man-God.

Looking at this now, don't think Orsted actually started nor screwed with the mana disaster. I think he might have looked surprised at Rudy's question because the disaster is more commonly known as the Mass Teleportation Disaster. The fact that Rudy called it a Mana Disaster may have lead Orsted to believe that Rudy must be connected to higher powers (rather than the common pleb), and jumped when a Man-God link was confirmed.

The Eris Boboboreas Greyrat scene is always fun to revisit.

edit: hmm, actually the dwarf from Paul's old party did call this a Magical Disaster. Though the terms are still different, the above thought might now hold as much weight anymore.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 09-04-2023 at 12:57 PM.

I mean, if we're going this deep into all this, then here's what I wanna know:

- if there's a "Hito-Gami", does it mean there are other "Kami"?
    - if so, what's their relationship? How do they spend their time? Is there a god-country or can they descend into other worlds?
    - are our reality and that isekai the only two worlds? Or are there more?
    - which world existed first, the isekai or our reality? Maybe WE are the isekai actually?
    - How powerful is the Man-God actually? It feels like he could erase Rudy at any given time, yet apparently he can't with others?
    - Is Orsted affiliated with another god?
    - How does Orsted know about the Man-God if he isn't affiliated with other gods? Was he a "student" of the Man-God like Rudy is now?
    - what is the Man-God's goal?
    - Can Orsted be defeated by anyone in the world who isn't "special"? Could Ghislaine put up a fight against him?
    - Is Nanoha really not aware of being saved by someone?
    - If she found out who Rudy was, how'd she react?

Those come to my mind spontaneously. Feel free to answer if you can :>

although imo items shouldn't work either if you have ZERO mana. Like, you'd need at least some to active/connect the items, right?
    *shrug* Doesn't work that way in D&D. People who aren't spellcasters can still activate magic items if they know how. Magic items are often designed specifically so that anyone can use them.

if there's a "Hito-Gami", does it mean there are other "Kami"?
    They told use there's Orsted the Dragon God, Technique God, and a bunch of other gods.

Yeah, I always thought the Man-god isn't any more special than the other "gods". Maybe he lost his physical body in a fight against some other god, even Orsted (the Dragon god) himself. I recall someone saying these gods aren't really real gods. That would mean the Man-god isn't really a real god either, just someone who's so special he has earned the right to be called a god, just like Orsted and the other gods.

At one point or another, I used to think that maybe all the humans in that world don't actually originally belong there but were transferred from Earth. The Man-god would then be their extreme master, just like Orsted would be the dragon kin's. However, that seems kind of unlikely, considering simply knowing the Man-god's name seems to be extremely rare, so there's no way he was the ultimate human worshipped by all the humans in the world. There would be some knowledge of him left in such a case. Maybe he really is a summoned isekai hero from Earth himself.

In quite a few isekai light novels and manga, a human king will summon one or more humans from Japan and try to use them for human supremacy, against all the other races. That might be the Man-god's origin as well. Only, he would have lost the fight and has been ever since hunted by the other "gods" (ultimate masters).

The manga isn't that much ahead of the anime anymore and has covered nothing of this sort, so I'm only throwing guesses around as much as anyone else, so any anime-only watcher doesn't need to be worried about my ramblings.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Technique God, and a bunch of other gods.
    I thought the technique gods were just the swordfighting style top ranks. They're not deities, but I suppose they could probably kill one, considering Ghislaine was a sword King and could effectively stop time.

Wait, Orsted is supposed to be a "god" on the level of the Man-God? Oh wow, I must have missed that. I thought Orsted was "only" one of the strongest beings in that world, but still much below an actual god like the Man-God. If they're actually on the same level, that changes everything. That makes Man-God much less special.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Man-God goal could be to grow Rudeus and steal his body at some point.
    MG might have been like Orsted, lost badly in a fight and was only able to save his spiritual body, but needs a strong physical one to come back to the lower realms.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.