Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I was under the assumption that she thought Rudy is possessed by something.
    But in my opinion, this is now in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Perhaps she, herself, comes from another world?
    All to become a nana to a young perv LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    All to become a nana to a young perv LOL
    Well, his parents seem like they were former adventurers. She might not be just a maid. She might be a former party member.

She just has an air about her like she's more of an assassin than a maid. Like how secret agent badass Alfred works for the Wayne family as a butler.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Ep4 is out.

All in all a very strong ep. Quality is still high, dialogue, rythm.
    The weakest part might have been how the Lilia incident has been solved.
    It's great for the story and how Lilia opens up to Rudeus though.

I read the manga long ago, so I can still get surprised, amused and enjoy the show, which is great.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    The weakest part might have been how the Lilia incident has been solved.
    I thought it was solved already, because it really was the only solution that didn't involve sending anyone to their demise.

The only weak part is the reaction of the wife. She should be more depressed, sad, broken. After all, she's forced to live with a cheating husband and the woman that corrupted her man's mind. Not to mention breaching the trust as a maid. But its a medieval world and she's powerless. But that's the only solution. She can't change it, thus her frustration and depression should be max levels.

Instead they fast forward as if nothing changed. I wonder if Paul had any sex since then? Ya know, I wouldn't be opposed to him basically having two wives, but fuck, then I need to see 'how' that happened, because it didn't seem like his wife would forgive him even the slightest insinuation of such relationship.

Honestly, I was joping Rudy would at one point say aloud that he plans to have more girls than just Sylphie, 'like my dad', then have the wife happen to hear that and go nuclear against both Paul and Rudy

Now he's in the company of a hot beast woman who's barely covering her nipples, lol. Should be fun.

PS: That prince groping Roxy was crass, but I feel like being put on literal fire is fair punishment.

Zenith and Lilia are friends, so I suppose if Zenith genuinely can believe it was mostly Paul's fault, the two women can still keep interacting almost like before. Paul is a different thing. We shall see if the anime bothers to go into any detail with that. In the end it's Paul's house and Paul is the breadwinner, so Zenith either has to keep living there and get along with Paul to some degree or return to her distant home in something of a disgrace. Not to mention as it is, Rudeus is a day's travel away, but if Zenith returned to her parents' home, what would her chances of seeing Rudy be anymore?

It's quite hilarious that after this happened in the manga, even time Paul had any role in a chapter, sometimes even without, there would be no end of comments badmouthing Paul. He was made one scum of a character quite successfully by the author. I don't appreciate his infidelity, but I do think he's quite a good character. He has got a real personality. I guess flaws build a stronger character than being perfect.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I did not give too much detail to not spoil as I was fairly early.
    But yeah, that was a bit too easy. Even Rudeus manipulation was not that good.

Paul really is at fault but Zenith isn't all exempt:
    -She can't be so oblivious she doesn't understand a young and faily nice maid could be a problem with the horny husband she has
    -She can't be so insensible she doesn't understand them fucking so often has effects on those living under the same roof.
    -I wonder if she knew the whole story Paul and Lilia had

Somehow, following Rudeus also prevents her from confronting some of her faults, even if minor ones compared to Paul's.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli
    PS: That prince groping Roxy was crass, but I feel like being put on literal fire is fair punishment.
    Hah.. if only burns left disfiguration and serious pain in anime like it does in real life..

I accidentally read that spoiler about Paul hitting on Lilia last week, and not only did I not expect it to occur this week, but also for it to be much less of a deal than it is. It took 5mins to resolve.

Oh, and I guess Rudy is 7 years of age now.

And Lilia actually did give Rudy his holy relic back?!

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Haven't watched the episode yet, but something I did want to comment on from last week was the reverence Rudy gives to the "holy relic". It goes beyond being perverted, but something he really actually treasures in honor of his master... as twisted as it may come across.

I thought Paul would have some degree of redemption, considering he and Lilia knew each other from school, and she joined their household somehow, so there was probably some mutual past affection, but then the story came out that he also raped her in her sleep back then.

So...yeah. There's "horndog sleeping around," and then there's "No really, he's like, legit a rapist."

I don't feel bad at all that Rudy turned both women against Paul to keep their household intact and preserve both his sisters.

As far as Rudy goes, would it really matter if he was good with the sword offensively? He just needs to be able to deflect blows, and then go pure spellsword for the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    I thought Paul would have some degree of redemption, considering he and Lilia knew each other from school, and she joined their household somehow, so there was probably some mutual past affection, but then the story came out that he also raped her in her sleep back then.

So...yeah. There's "horndog sleeping around," and then there's "No really, he's like, legit a rapist."
    The manga scanlation didn't say he outright raped her, just that he stole her first time, maybe forcefully to an unknown degree, or something along those lines, and had to quit the school, so there was something dubious about it. I wonder what the novel said. In fact I wish I knew Japanese better to verify what the anime said. It wouldn't be the first time official subtitles adjusted things. I find it being a sheer rape quite peculiar. Why would they, after that, work in the same party and why would Lilia come to work in his household? Unless it was one of those shoujo/josei manga rapes: If the man is hot enough, it's not actually an act of raping.

Hmm.

Well, we are dealing with Funimation.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I mean.. he does seem to make a big deal about "if the girl says no, don't".
    And if he did rape her, MC's comment of "he's scum" is rather mild.

I rewatched that scene and I only caught "deflowered". I couldn't aurally make sense of anything further.

And a shout out to the sick burn that is "Is it cool to cheat on your wife and almost wreck your family?"

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Depriving someone of their virginity could still be different from raping someone in an essential way. If we assume a society values a single woman's virginity, then simply secuding a woman and removing that virginity could be a major disservice, even if the woman didn't resist at all but went along willingly (after getting seduced). It would also, in this story's case, explain why Lilia sought employment under Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I mean.. he does seem to make a big deal about "if the girl says no, don't".
    And if he did rape her, MC's comment of "he's scum" is rather mild.

I rewatched that scene and I only caught "deflowered". I couldn't aurally make sense of anything further.

And a shout out to the sick burn that is "Is it cool to cheat on your wife and almost wreck your family?"
    Alright, you guys made me rewatch it, too. God, these fantasy anime use vocabs I've never heard, but now I learned that 'ageku no hate' means 'finally'. Can't they just use 'yatto' ;(

Anyway. The whole 'assaulted Lilia when she was sleeping' comes from the two word 'nekomi' and 'osou'. The former means 'while sleeping/sick', the latter ... well, take a look at jisho:

https://jisho.org/search/osou

I'd bet a good amount of money that 'assault/attack' is not the meaning the author intended for this scene. Imo it makes infinitely more sense to translate it as 'he surprised Lilia while she was asleep', which still is shady as hell, but a far cry from stating he raped her.

But hey, that's funimation/crunchyroll for you. Gotta inject political agenda in there.

"Surprising" a sleeping woman by taking her virginity is...rape.

I just double-checked the LN wikia (risking spoiling myself in the process). There's no question. It's located under "trivia".
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 01-31-2021 at 06:23 PM.

I just double-checked the LN wikia (risking spoiling myself in the process). There's no question. It's located under "trivia".
    I don't think the LN wikia is reliable, I mean to what I've seen they don't say what actually happened... they just put whatever the wikia writer concluded. I read the passages, it wasn't as clear cut as it's made out to be. Don't want to say more than that. I don't know their age difference though, and what's accepted in THAT society. But yeah, not sure what passage you read if anything or if it was just a conclusion as presented by the wikia.

But I don't know if they'll touch upon this later in the anime or if it changed anything from the WN, or how it was presented in the manga, but it was an extra chapter in the LN, not sure if LN original... at least one of the POVs.

Edit: Then yeah, can't trust the "trivia"... unless they tell you what actually the passages say, it's just a conclusion that whomever wrote the wikia arrived to, and maybe written without all the information at hand.
    Last edited by Munsu; Sun, 01-31-2021 at 07:33 PM.

And I rewatche it again to figure out the exact wording. Was difficult because my ears are bad. He doesnt say 'surprising her BY taking her virginity'. Rudy days 'he surprised her in her sleep AND took her virginity, that's the kind of guy he was'. Or in Japanese romaji: 'nekomi osoi, junketsu o chi rashii yatsu'.

Again, still shady as hell, but it sounds way more like her sneaked into her bedroom and then she accepted his approaches and they had consenting sex.

Reminder that this is Japanese where the word 'yobai suru' exists, look it up for the lulz.

Edit: also Lilia herself said she had seduced the master.

I'm not judging how Lilia got knocked up. She tempted Paul, he went for it. We know he's a womanizer and a bit of a scumbag. We kind of got the impression that she lusts after Paul before, it just wasn't so easy to connect the dots before.

But he obviously "sexually assaulted" Lilia when they were both younger. Even if she "liked it."

The fact that you're trying to downplay it is kinda fucked up.

I'm not judging how Lilia got knocked up. She tempted Paul, he went for it. We know he's a womanizer and a bit of a scumbag.

But he obviously "sexually assaulted" Lilia when they were both younger. Even if she "liked it."

The fact that you're trying to downplay it is kinda fucked up.
    What's fucked up is that you ignore translation that I just presented in full detail. At no point does it say 'assault her sexually'. That is funimation/crunchyroll.

It really says 'surprised her in her sleep' and anything beyond that is up for interpretation. You can surprise someone in his/her sleep without it being rape.

Like, it should be obvious, but for example:

*noises from window*
    Lilia: "H-huh? W-who's there?"
    Pail: "pshh! It's me, Paul."
    Lilia: "What are you doing here?! This the girls dorm!"
    Paul: "I couldn't stop thinking about you and had to see you. Lilia, I think I love you."
    Lilia: *blushes* Oh ... but ..."
    Paul: *approaches her bed* "Don't send me back ..."
    Lilia: "Paul ... this is wrong ..."
    Paul: *puts his hand on her cheek* "You are so beautiful that it hurts my heart ..." *goes in for the kiss*
    Lilia: "... ah, Paul ... no ... ah ..."
    Paul: "Should I stop?"
    Lilia: "... no ..."

The end

That would perfectly fit the words Rudy uses and I think it's way more likely than Paul being a violent rapist that got away with it and his victim working as his maid.

But you do you, Ryll