Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

A 34-year-old virgin NEET who is kicked out of his house when he runs out of money. He's regretting his life when he's suddenly killed in a traffic accident, and he's reborn in another world full of swords and sorcery. As a newborn baby, he resolves to live his life without regrets and make the best of his knowledge from his previous life. While developing his skills in magic, he meets a small girl who is a magic tutor, and a beautiful quarter-elf with green hair.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...e.php?id=22589

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation should be airing in a few minutes from now. One of my favorite LNs to read, but at the same time frustrating. Some have considered the LN as the "father of isekai" (though obviously not the first of its kind). As I read it, there shouldn't be a lot ecchi, but a lot of perviness since the MC is a perv through and through, though trying to improve himself in this second chance at life. So will be curious to see how they'll handle that aspect, and whether it'll be to the detriment or not for the show.

A lot of what people like from this series is that they get to experience the MC's life from beginning and see how he progresses through life. I'm just hoping for good character interaction and that the action scenes are well animated. At the same time I can say it can be a frustrating series since many times you'll find yourself questioning about the wasted potential... and it can get frustrating (forgive the repetition). But in all, I'm in for the ride if they don't fuck it up.

From the trailer, I think things look great. Have never heard of the animation studio (Studio Bind), but it seems like they can use this series to make a name for themselves since it has a huge following.

As I mentioned in another thread, a bit of a shame that we have Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation, So I'm a Spider, So What?, and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime airing at the same time. For isekai fanboys (which I'm a bit of) there's a lot of excitement to be had, but for the ones that like them in small doses I think this will be very detrimental and needless comparisons will surely be had.
    Last edited by Munsu; Sun, 01-10-2021 at 11:22 AM.