Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san: Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro

There's something wrong with her for sure.

But what I'm really liking about this series is that it has real progression. It's set up like Tejina-sempai, but instead of bullying moments replacing the repeated ecchi gags that are reset each time, there's change in both characters.

Nagatoro gets more moments of genuine embarrassment when her prods backfire, or when they're completely alone, there's some level of kindness and fondness. She comes off as just lonely during the video game arc, even though her family seems pretty big.

Senpai is getting more daring, is starting to gain some level of confidence, and even before the manzai segment, was learning to push back on her attacks.

Nagatoro's dead stare though...she's possessive for sure. She's the only one allowed to tease her 'boyfriend.' The pigtails blonde friend seemed happy enough for her, but the redhead immediately caught what's going on.

Her trigger getting flipped when he starts to cry still strikes me as Nagatoro is too awkward to know how to handle when she's gone too far. She just plows forward instead. There was a moment of hesitation and embarrassment that started with half of a spoken apology, then a mental deadlock indecision moment (pretty recognizable from Nanashi's art) before she decided to double down.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Yeah, this is cute.

I like that the red head is there to troll Nagatoro (someone needs to), and paisen's standing half sentence was a pretty good scene.

So, where does this rate on the wak-ometer?

Hydration is important, folks.

It is a very cute, albeit very twisted romance now.

It's super funny watching HER get flustered when she's bullying HIM into touching her.

Episode 06

------

The first half of this episode was pretty weak. It's a mangaka staple, regardless of genre, to invariably do a Momotaro, Alice in Wonderland, or RPG bonus chapter. They're universally the same and they're always boring.

But the beach segment was okay. The sunscreen scene was a particular highlight. We got more jealousy, we got Senpai cracking out of his shell a little bit, and we got him getting friendlier and friendlier with Nagatoro's bully friends too. We haven't seen the 4th in forever, so I wonder how the fluffy hair one will mesh back into the group in the next episode or so.

13:45 Is....is his room covered in jizz?

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I was more interrested in Nagatoro's hands manucure, with that nice red she always keeps. Negotoro was fun, Magatoro speaks to something else
    But I do not seem to search for jizz traces

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Nagatoro-san 07

------------

The steady progression is pretty nice.

Nagatoro's main two friends are more similar to her than we thought, innocence hiding behind bluster and gyaru attitudes. The sleazier friend's lack of appearance is starting to make a little more sense. She's fooling around or teasing all sorts of dudes, while the other three aren't interested in dating men at this point really. Yoshi (pigtails) obviously needed rescuing, and Maki (redhead) jumped at the chance to get away from the douchebags too.

Senpai is more and more aware every episode of how he and Nagatoro are gravitating closer to each other, and he's been getting bolder and more confident too. He was once terrified of Yoshi and Maki and here he just tolerated it with some level of casual acceptance.

Nagatoro's teasing is backfiring more often lately, and Senpai is almost inviting it at times. Her jealously is predictable, and exploited by Maki very successfully.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    That stuff is really cute.

I loved the part with the picture to summon Nagatoro. The reaction was amazing.

I feel like Yoshi doesn't actually quite fit into that "group" of people, I'm interested if this show will get into detail about her a bit more, especially after this episode.
    She's not the "popular" type of girl (mentally) and obviously would feel rather uncomfortable if she is seen as such.

Also the visual jokes are funny too:

Last edited by KrayZ33; Sun, 05-23-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Yoshi is a hopeless follower. She just goes along with everyone else.

"What, exactly do you mean? Details." Nooooice. That's all I could have asked for without breaking his character. Perfectly reasonable and handled pretty good.

So, are they actually gals, or delinquents, or something in between? They're clearly popular, but I don't know what stereotype this is playing to (which coarse girls are these)? I mean, who leans over the cork-gun counter!?!?!

I liked the little chain, and I forgot there was even a fourth friend who could probably get away with making fun of 'virgins' unironically.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    So, are they actually gals, or delinquents, or something in between? They're clearly popular, but I don't know what stereotype this is playing to (which coarse girls are these)?
    They're Gyaru girls.

I believe that Nagatoro is actually naturally tan. She's more of the sporty type that has somehow ended up with the gyarus.

I think Maki and Nagatoro know each other from judo.

---

kawaii~

That was a pretty wholesome episode overall, despite the accidental nudes and using Senpai as a horse.

Nagatoro having good grades while the other three are idiots makes me wonder more if Nagatoro just fell into the clique incidentally.

---------------------------------------------

another cute episode.
    I love the "don't touch my senpai"-faces and reactions.
    Next episode looks like senpai is doing some sports with Nagatoro and a new character is comming.

10/10 for Ippo references

I enjoy it when she bickers with her other friends; the power dynamics get all muddled and makes things a bit more fresh.

Yeah, it's a pretty nice idea from the author to include these characters like that.
    I'd say they are super important so that this doesn't become as stale as that other show.

---

Lol, Fusion.