Thread: Kanojo mo Kanojo

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Kanojo mo Kanojo

262097.jpg

* Based on a harem comedy shounen manga by Hiroyuki.

Mukai Naoya has loved Saki Saki since grade school, and when she finally accepts his feelings, he's at his happiest. But one day, a cute girl named Minase Nagisa confesses to him! Not wishing to choose only one over another, Naoya chooses to go out with both of them!! What will be of this love triangle that challenges morality itself?

Source: M-U

Genre(s): Comedy, Ecchi, Harem, Romance

Welp... somebody had to make a thread for this, and I'll gladly fall on that sword. This must be the most based anime of the year so far. This absolute chad begs and grovels his way into polygamy. Jokes aside, the absurdness of this does sit pretty comfortably between 'don't take this seriously', and 'so outlandish it's funny', so it gets a pass from me. Saki's VA is pulling heavy duty to nail the incredulous tones while keeping her a sympathetic character. I like how the entire moral discussion of multiple partners and grooming are swept under the rug by Mukai's sheer earnestness. This will be one people love to hate.

I have heard this is so retarded that it is actually good.

And the first 10 minutes have proved that true. This is some Oscar Wilde/Samuel Beckett levels of stupid characters. You're definitely going to know before half of the first episode if you're going to love this or hate it.

They're all so stupid, so earnest in their feelings, and so honest about it that this solution actually works out.

You know what you didn't know you wanted?

A 2nd season of this!

Season 2 started!

It picked right up where it left off too!

Everything works out when all your scheming is just done right in the open. It's very endearing that the main conflict with Shino is all an internal one: that she won't want to give up on Naoya anymore and join the polyamory.

"It's not right!" but she totally wants in on it as well, she just struggles to admit it to herself.

Of course, the main draw of the series is the outstanding performances by the entire cast. Sakura Ayane sells the series by herself, but then all the others bring it just as hard.

Easily my favorite comedy of the season. I was rewatching scenes and laughing harder each time.

I love this series.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Shino is a good tsundere.
    Let's hope they can deliver every episode.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Season 2 Eps 2

Shino and Saki meeting and their eventual friendship was not what I expected, but Saki is a bit of an idiot so perhaps I should have. I didn't expect Shino of the Past to be so arrogant though, a welcome addition to her character archetypes.

Though I did expect Naoya to gift Shino a push-up bra, not her characteristic ribbon.

However, Shino immediately succumbing to temptation not once but twice and nearly revealing her secret to Saki was expected. Showing the goods to her crush again so soon after the last time...she's making the most headway because she's not under the No Sexy Stuff agreement that Saki and Minase are.

Every single episode makes me laugh.