Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness

Episode 11

-- - - -

Slowly but surely the dude's relentless work is paying off. Romance wise he would be playing on easy mode for sure, if he was interested, but gaining affection from Itsuka is Dark Souls hard mode.

Are Itsuka's father and Nagomu's senpai the same person? Maybe it has even been told/verified plainly already, but for whatever reason I don't really care about that whole thing, although I do mind its effects on Itsuka's psyche. It seems kind of strange that guy would have a kid in the first place, but maybe it was an accident. Both the father and the mother were willing to leave her behind. That's rough.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Are Itsuka's father and Nagomu's senpai the same person?
    I don't think so. Different hair colour and one didn't wear earrings.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Episode 12

-----------------------

I love this show, but that was a bit too dramatic. Itsuka wasn't this unsettled when she got lost at the temple in episode 3. She ran into Kanoko relatively soon, but what we saw then was not something like this. She also has a cellphone (was going to receive a cellphone strap as a present) as does Nagomu, so he's a phone call away. I knew they'd have to do something to reinforce his fatherly figure/status, but feeling insecure after losing sight of him feels flimsy and out of character for how independent Itsuka is.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I love this show, but that was a bit too dramatic. Itsuka wasn't this unsettled when she got lost at the temple in episode 3. She ran into Kanoko relatively soon, but what we saw then was not something like this. She also has a cellphone (was going to receive a cellphone strap as a present) as does Nagomu, so he's a phone call away. I knew they'd have to do something to reinforce his fatherly figure/status, but feeling insecure after losing sight of him feels flimsy and out of character for how independent Itsuka is.
    No, I'd say this was perfectly okay. Itsuka wasn't in the normal mindset anymore. Like Nagomu noted at the end, Itsuka was looking for her father in the amusement park, with multiple flashbacks (I reckon more than we were shown). The feeling of being abandoned is extremely strong in her because she got abandoned by both her mother and her father. She sympathised strongly with the lost kid, and when right afterwards she realised she can't locate Nagomu anymore, it must have triggered the trauma of being left alone and behind by those closest to her. I don't think it was a panic attack, but severe anyway to affect her strongly.

Nagomu continues being funny by how much he cares. Itsuka is too battle-hardened to be spoiled by it, but they do get along well already. Even quite naturally.

It's interesting Itsuka's best friends from the school weren't invited to the party. Maybe that's not a custom in Japan?

My birthdays have been very family centric. In fact, they've always been and I've only had a rare occasional one with friends after becoming an adult.

I don't know if this translates to other Asian families.

Overall I came to enjoy this anime. The ending is disappointing ,though, episode 12 just ends without much plot happening. Is a second season announced already?

Also, her dad totally is that old friend of Nagumo's right?

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her