Thread: Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte

Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte

Tsundere Akuyaku Reijou Liselotte to Jikkyou no Endou-kun to Kaisetsu no Kobayashi-san

A title so long I had to use the English one to fit on the forums thread title.

Description: One day, Crown Prince Sieg hears the Voices of the Gods out of the blue. Apparently, his fiancée Liselotte is a "tsun de rais" villainess destined to meet her demise...and her sharp tongue is just a way of covering up her embarrassment. The prince can hardly contain himself after discovering Liselotte's adorable hidden side. Little does he know, the heavenly beings that bestowed this knowledge unto him are actually high schoolers! Can he use their divine prophecy (let's play commentary) to save his betrothed and avoid a Bad End?!

AniDB | MAL

---------

So yeah...this is a semi-isekai Villainess series. Endo and Kobayashi have their own parallel story going on to the fantasy game world one that they've already hinted at in the end of the first episode. Endo was "saved" by Kobayashi in the very recent past and joined the Broadcasting Club, and he obviously has feelings towards her.

The cross-dimensional setup is interesting, and there's a nice setup with limited POVs. It is a little hard to tell in the first episode, but Endo and Kobayashi only see what the game is showing them, in text, unvoiced but in "real time" since autoplay is stuck on. Given that this is an otome game, that means their only view is through Fine. In the other world, only Seig can hear them.

Liselotte is of course, top-tier tsundere. Sharp and unintentionally rude, but immediately going red, steaming brains filled with love, and even crazy swirl lust eyes.

I liked the presentation where they gave Liselotte different music as she approached.

The art is kinda on the simple side, but it does work.

Eps 2

-------

Maxed stats heroine, haha.

I do like that Finne has a bit of an underdeveloped personality because she's normally the player character. Since she's not directly controlled, she trains and eats and relentlessly gets stronger, or it is from all the previous New Game+ files since Kobayashi has played it so many times before.

Also the nice touch of the characters in the game world realizing quite a bit about Lieselotte's behavior on their own. They're more independent and taking action with fewer hints and prompting on the Earth side.

Meaning more and more time for Endo and Kobayashi to get closer and closer. Kobayshi's casual summer wear is quite cute.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Was gonna pass based on the otome leanings. Is this a fairly traditional villaness story, or is there some genre blend going on here?

It's a pretty standard villainess redemption story on the magical world side, though Lieselotte really is a wonderful tsundere, but what differentiates this from the genre is the Earth side of the story, and the cross-dimensional elements.

There are two intertwined storylines.

...alright. I'll give it a whirl (I do love a good tsun) and report back.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Liselotte is a little too much of a NPC for my tastes at the moment.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

1-2

Took a while to give this a whirl. What a nice change of pace! All that pure uncut Japanese black-tar Tsun Tsun without the misunderstandings and melodrama! Super cute how they (the players) put her on blast to the prince without her knowing and he finally 'gets' what she is doing in her own awkward way. Very entertaining.

I, too enjoy the real-world characters and their romantic situation under the guise of saving Lieselotte. They're a great watch and bounce off each other well, like old friends would, even if their interactions are a bit sterile; but so are everyone's in this kind of show.

While this was really watchable, the lack of tension and story hook leaves me unlikely to continue unless I get much more caught up on shows I look more forward to. Thanks again for the recommendation, I would have surely overlooked this entirely otherwise!

Eps 5

----

Lieselotte steps onto the main stage a bit to deal with the political fallout the reappearance of Fiene's monster of a mother, and properly channels her villainess machinations.

Of course, as the fantasy world starts to align itself to the best end, the spillover back on Earth rears its ugly head! I did say this was cross-dimensional fantasy.

The overall pace of this series seems to reveal that they are going to cover the entire story. It's a short LN series (2 volumes + bonus), and the manga is not that far ahead of this very episode.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I only feel sorry for Sieg to be spoiled of dicovering Liselotte's charms by himself.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

At this point he's finally started to pick up on them, but in the beginning, he needed it explained to him. Even just before the summer break, there were still some situations that needed smoothing out.

Lieselotte is still deeply insecure because she loves him to the point that she doesn't think she's worthy of him.

There's an end of volume manga chapter that covers the content of the "Magikoi Fan Disk" that Endo cried over. Lieselotte has a pattern of leaving classes at the end of the day, then sobbing for hours in her rooms at the Academy about how she bungled interactions with the Prince that day. Her staff know she's very sweet, but like her sisters also said, Liese is extraordinarily bad at conveying her feelings properly because she gets stuck on what to say and blurts out venomous lines in panic.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sat, 02-04-2023 at 08:50 AM.