Thread: Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku: Jichou o Shiranai Kamigami no Shito

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku: Jichou o Shiranai Kamigami no Shito

287974.jpg

"* Based on an isekai adventure light novel series written by Yashuu and illustrated by Mo.

Teenager Shiina Kazuya died while saving young girls from an attacker, only to find himself reincarnated into a world of swords and magic. It was a dream come true! Though he remembers his life and knowledge of Earth, he is now Cain von Silford, the third son of an aristocrat. Being granted the protection of the gods on his fifth birthday turned out to be too much of a good thing for Cain. His stats and boosts are so powerful, he must hide his real abilities to climb the ranks of society as he descends into the darkest dungeons.

Source: Seven Seas Entertainment"

Genre(s): Isekai, Comedy, Action

1-2

I couldn't even tell if this was a parody. Just about every isekai trope you could imagine in the 'childhood arc' alone. Reincarnation. Nobles. Magic. Leveling. A guild with rowdy jobbers. Gods granting omegalul powers just because. Concealing the power level. I struggle to list, superficially, even one thing original about this after two episodes. If watching this provides you with any satisfaction... Stop. Get help.

I watched the first ep, thought maybe I could keep watching this, but after watching half of the second episode, I was forced to drop this. I'm increasingly bored of the zero effort isekai (the MC is brokenly OP). It needs to be a really good one for me to keep following anything with that setting. This didn't feel good enough, despite the first ep initially making me think that maybe it won't play that big of a role. However, when the dude was instantly better than the teachers, I gave up. If you compare Rudeus being better than Roxy in some ways, in Mushoku Tensei, to this one, it's like comparing a helicopter to hay cart. Rudeus had put effort and thought into it, since his birth, but the MC in this one only needed to get himself stabbed unnecessarily, to mysteriously get worshipped by the gods of another world. I guess in this new world no person has ever got killed while saving someone else. The people there must be colder than a piece of ice dipped in liquid nitrogen.