Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helck

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I can't believe I didn't notice this last week, but despite Helck awakening as a hero, he actually doesn't have wings like the others. So he must have gone through a different process, or didn't actually awaken as a hero at all, or managed to cast it aside somehow (eg chop his wings off?)
    I assume he became a Hero the same way as his brother. As DQ heroes don't usually have wings.

-Human King did this to Helck's brother.
    I don't think so. I think Helck's brother was just the usual "Hero destined to defeat the Demon King"-type of hero. The whole angel thing seems to be a new and separate thing, because the Demons didn't know wtf it was.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    4-6 just caught up. At last, something to latch into and look forward to. Good theories about the organization of Demons and how humanity is currently seeing the world as a fraction of its scope.

I also assume the king and other human authorities are in the wrong, or at least needlessly warmongering, but to what extent is the population being 'awakened' into mindless puppets?

Episode 7

- - - -

Azudora couldn't have expected Vamirio to end up in the land of idiots and thus having slim chances of receiving the letter and tool. But then again, it's not like they would really need help between people like Helck and Vamirio. If those two don't have the strength and willpower to get back, who would?

Quite an information heavy episode.

The humans be respawning like DQ Heroes.

Was that the big twist?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    The humans be respawning like DQ Heroes.

Was that the big twist?
    If you ask me, that's just a technical detail, but I suppose it's something of a twist as well. It shows how the attacking winged soldiers are nothing but disposable tools. There's no need for medics or rescue, just have a second wave kill the first wave if they somehow became... inoperative. Not to mention most of them are like silent clones.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    And that explains why they were able to defeat those castle demon lords.
    Very weak and easy to kill at first, but getting better and stronger each wave.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    So a freezing spell is what they need to deal with the humans. Forever imprisonment.

Besides killing the King that since, since that's the other solution.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I think it's fun that they're inverting the trope.

Instead of the Hero going on a quest to slay the Demon King, the Demons have to go on a quest to slay the Human King.

It also explains why there are basically all of twelve people dealing with this otherwise unprecedented crisis with a generally low level of tension.

Demons typically have much bigger things to worry about, and human crusades into their empire barely register beyond the daily issues they encounter.

The biggest crisis is "Anne" is missing. Only with this big reveal do the humans outrank New World monster hunting.

Episode 08

--------------------

I forgot today's Helck Wednesday.

Nice adventuring vibe again.

The witch looks like she could be Anne's mother, I wouldn't be able to tell their age since I'm expecting demons to live long lives and age slowly.

The other thought I had was whether she could be a future Anne. Her demeanor seems way different, but if she is, then the bigger fuzzball could also be future Piwi.

Mom seems like a safer bet.

True. And it did seem like it's her first time meeting Helck.

The witch had a bigger talking bird with her, Vamirio now has a smaller one. Maybe the bird actually is useful for a magician.

Or belly rubs.

Yeah, probably the belly rubs.

The witch looks like she could be Anne's mother, I wouldn't be able to tell their age since I'm expecting demons to live long lives and age slowly.

The other thought I had was whether she could be a future Anne. Her demeanor seems way different, but if she is, then the bigger fuzzball could also be future Piwi.
    The witch could also be an alternative Vamirio from a future where they failed in some way or another. Maybe they never got off the island, maybe Helck turned on them, or the humans simply got too powerful to stop and steamrolled the planet. The look she gave Helck when they met wasn't a particularly kind one. Felt more like wary assessment.

If we have massive teleportation magic and god-tier resurrection and awakening magic, who's to say we don't have time magic? Vamiro is the most powerful of the four, and she's expected to only get stronger.

Then she just parked herself on the island to make sure they wouldn't fail on a second go-around.

The resemblance is far too close to easily dismiss a "future Vamiro" theory.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    The time leap argument is valid as teleportation is a specific kind of spacetime movement where time is invariant (or changes by a very small amount)
    But it's totally possible to think of a spacetime translation with another time coordinate.
    Funny how I just wrote similar ideas here and in Mushkou's thread. All coming from watching SteinsGate and too much PBS space time videos

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Episode 9

---- - -

Animation budget limits were quite painful in this episode. At least it didn't hamper the joke of finally reaching the land.

I've begun to think, by now, that it probably wasn't a wise decision from the producer/studio to make this series at all. Studios are struggling financially as it is, and this clearly isn't, structurally, the kind of story that suit an anime that well. At least nowadays. If the manga was old and it thus would have been possible to make this in the golden days of 90's, when Slayers and such were produced, maybe things would have been different. Things are different today. Perhaps because everybody's more busy/stressed than ever and the Internet and instant messaging have shortened people's attention spans. The endless supply of isekai trash fantasy must be quite a clear sign of that. I'd be interesting to know how Helck is doing in Japan.

Episode 10

-------------------

-I thought the lute was weird having the pegbox angled backwards, but turns out it's an actual thing presumably to stop them from going out of tune.
    -This was overall a fairly unsatisfying episode. Like a random sidequest.

I expected the director to cut away the cooking contest, but I don't mind as it's quite funny and not any longer than this. This is a pretty goofy series, after all. A weird mix of comedy and tragedy.

I like how this episode was just a completely different shounen series, complete with it's own protagonist, that Helck just walked in and stomped all over.

It is glaringly obvious though that this show has absolutely no budget.

Like, I don't think they even think they animated the attacks that wounded the Barbarian King hitting him.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 09-13-2023 at 02:17 AM.