"The Demon King has been defeated and now the Demon World is running a competition to choose a successor. A muscular, high-level human named Helck has joined the competition claiming that he wishes to destroy all humans. Is he serious?
Red Vamirio, one of the Four Heavenly Kings of the entire Demon Empire, is monitoring the competition and cannot trust him. What's the secret behind Helck, and the Human World?" -Manga-Updates

- - - - - - -

One of the top fantasy manga of the more recent years. I didn't expect it to get an anime because it features no harems, doesn't rely on fanservice (unless male muscles are your thing), nor an isekaied teenage hero from Japan. Instead it relies on quite a heavy story. That's not a key for an anime adaptation these days. Maybe it's the comedy that convinced a studio boss.

After the first episode, I have no complaints whatsoever. The production values aren't terrible. The characters match my image of them, the VAs are doing good work. This is a must watch for me, along with Mushoku Tensei. Totally different series, those two.