Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Gantz

Gantz manga

I've been getting the last few chapters off stoptazmo, which apparently found another group that picked it up at some point. So 199 is out from them, but I'll be getting the shocwave ones as they release them.

But yeah, holy shit.

Gantz manga

Ahahaha the guy was humping the alien [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], and damn those tits were saggy. But damn Reika was smart enough to find out that the fake Kei was an alien but man I wish they would hurry up to the chapter where Kei meets his brother!!
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Gantz manga

Give it time. This series is very slow most of the time but when it picks up it picks up hard and fast. I remember when every one but Kei died that happened outa nowhere. so don't worry it'll happen

Gantz manga

I just read 190-199 and I hope they aren't setting up Reika's death. She's just as good as Kei and Izumi and her crush on Kei isn't annoying like Kei's(female) was on what's his name.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Gantz manga

She is as good as Kurano??? just cause she has killed a couple of week aliens while Kurano has killed 100's of though aliens much more stronger these current weak aliens.

Gantz manga

I just love how wonderfully random this manga is. I got bored one day and read all of the chapters and yet there still is no explanation as to what the hell the gantz is. I also love how the author just loves to bring in any kinda random crap he can think off. Please tell me I wasn't the only one who said WTF out loud when for no apparent reason what so ever vampires come into the story and we learn that Kurano's little brother is a vampire too. Yesh, the writer should solve the questions that he's brought up first before adding new ones. I'd like to think that Gantz is trying to provide some sort of social commentary on japanese society but maybe I should have gave up on that when Kurano fought against fire spitting alien dinosaurs on futuristic motorcycle. If nothing else the randomness of Gantz never ceases to amuse me.

Gantz manga

If you dont know what GANTZ is about then you havent been reading carefully......

Even though the mangaka hasnt given us much info about the world in GANTZ we know things about the room,the aliens,the vamps etc..

Gantz manga

What are you talking about? The gantz world is very clear. It's contemporary modern japan. This is one of the things that really confuses me, on one level Gantz seems like it's some sort of social commentary of contemporary japanese society. With the whole concept of taking the consumer culture to another level with the strange, bizzare, violent, and often disturbing missions where the participants are given points based on how much depravity they commit. Yet the story seems to take a completly different turn once Kurono meets up with the fourth gantz group and ensures their survival. It starts to take on more traditional anime/manga conventions with the rules being established and the now the story more or less focuses on Kuronoa leading his little group to survive the missions.

The original premise of the series has still yet to be answered or explained. Why is there a big black ball? What is it's purpose, why does it send these people on bizzare missions. Who made the ball, whose responsible, and most important of all what is the origin of the high tech weapons that are given out. As opposed to giving us answers the writer/artist has decided to throw in vampires for no apparent reason what so ever. They have nothing to do with the aliens that the gantz people fight. They just look cool and seem to have some sort of vendetta against the gantz people for no apparent reason. We have been told that the vampire's see the gantz people as vampire hunters but we've never seen them actually hunt or fight vampires except when they've been attacked by them. All I'm saying is that the writer/artist seems to be digging himself into a deeper and deeper hole and I can't even begin to fathom the reason that's supposed to tie everything together and make it into one cohesive package. I started reading gantz beacause the concept intrigued me and I was excited to see what kind of answers there were the justified the premise. So far after 199 chapters I still haven't had any of my core questions answered.

Gantz manga

When i say the world i mean things why they are aliens,vamps,the room etc.

It cant be normal modern japan when there are aliens,vamps etc.

Gantz manga

There may be fantastic elements in gantz like aliens and vampires but generally the gantz world is a very real and unapologetic portrayal of the seedier aspects of japanese society. Gantz constantly features gang violence, sexual abuse, child abuse, hell it has just about every kind of abuse you can think of. I really don't think that gantz is supposed to be some sort of alternative dimension or fantasy setting. It's supposed to be contemporary.

Gantz manga

I know that it suppsose to normal japan oustide the mission alians and stuff.

But just wondering when he will tell us why they are doing the missions,it is urgent to kill the alins,what does the vamps want from the GANTZ team.

Gantz manga

we know why the vampires are after Gantz team, they seem to believe that the man in black are vampire hunters.
    sure, we don't now why the think that way (considering that the aliens are most likely not vampires), but it just means that there's more to look forward to.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Gantz manga

No the vampires are just another unresolved plot thread. Instead of actually providing us with answers as to what the hell the gantz is the author has just created another pointless story arc which is leading the series in a completly different direction and it will most likely not bring any kind of answers as to what the hell the gantz is and what it's purpose is.

The only thing we've been promised is some sort of cool showdown between Kurono and his little brother. Honestly I could care less about that and I would rather see some sort of explantion as to what the hell the gantz is.

Gantz manga

Just read 202-204 by Rockstar. What's with the whole aliens transforming, at this rate we'll never se the vampires. Ah well go Muscle Rider.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Gantz manga

Rockstar? Who is that where did you find thier scans??

EDIT: here is the Rockstar version of 202-204
    http://www.kippei.x-wh.net/manga/

Gantz manga

Man Muscle Rider is kicking ass, and when he killed that rock dude, jeeze he went all out crazy!
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Gantz manga

Its interesting seeing that he doesnt need a gun to kill someone. I dont know why the others use weapons when they have super streangth with the suit.

Gantz manga

Well he has mad fighting experience and knows Karate. Everyone else couldn't mangae it, Maybe Kei but even then it would be a stretch for him.

Gantz manga

Well its safer to attack from a distance before resorting to close combat.

I haven't touched Gantz in a while so I just read 20-some chapters. A little dissapointed because it feels like one of those Godzilla flicks where they've decided to throw in every monster.

Gantz manga

Also Kei gots that big large sword now, is it possible that he wished it during the fight because I thought you had to be in the "Room".
    -Mazer Rackham