Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Music: METAL!!! \m/

METAL!!! \m/

Edit - looking at this post I made only a year ago makes me want to kill myself [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Removed

METAL!!! \m/

Dir En Grey... I forgot all about them... how are they? I was meaning to get my hands on some.. but other things came up.
    Kittie owns... for a girl [band]
    Murder Dolls were cool for awhile, again, another band I never really kept up with...

Seems like you got a nice selection there. I like it atleast.

Destiny- You should prolly try slipknot, and murderdolls. Deicide and Cannibal Corpse are fun too.
    It seems as if you like the heaviest shit you can find now, and let me tell you the above mentioned will make you happy. Again this is a guess, and Deicide and Cannibal Corpse are ..a little risque, so if there is a church within 5 miles of your speakers, you might wanna not listen to them.

Other stuff you might wanna try is Otep, Meshuggah, and... I'm not sure, and I don't endorse this myself, but maybe try mudvayne? Kinda sounds like your style... but don't quote me on that one.

METAL!!! \m/

I've had a Slipknot album for a while now, only liked a few of their songs. I've also already heard some of Murderdolls, they're pretty good but i nevr kept up with them either.
    I never really liked Mudvayne, but i'll try listening to Diecide and Cannibal Corpse.

RE: METAL!!! \m/

Children of Bodom. Slayer. Emperor. And of course, Opeth, but we've already covered that base.

METAL!!! \m/

these gun-totting hip' gangster wannabes can jst go die.
    oh man, quoting tool is like being a narutard of the music world [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

afi is alright, but im just not into punk :/ and their singers voice is more annoying than 50 cent's

Maybe someone could recommend a track i could download so i know from what level you're talking about.
    after forever - my pledge of allegiance
    dream theater - season of change
    ambeon - cold metal
    nightwish - astral romance and everdream

METAL!!! \m/

Edit - *ugh, for fucks sake!*

METAL!!! \m/

LP is good. Like them very much. Really fun to listen when driving on highways feel like pressing the peddle to the max. Been to their concert here in Kuala Lumpur. Was a real fun time. Lots of girls fainted during the concert. The heat and humidity here was a real killer. During the concert, the riot police on the towers shot down high pressured water into the sky to rain down on us because it was getting too hot, lucky i'm tall enough to breath fresh air. My friend had to pull his friend up and I elbowed a idiot in the face for jumping at me. He was pretty pissed, he walked away.

I have a problem with Metal, they give me headaches. And most of them are too trashy to be enjoyed.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

I am going to say this one more time, all you people trying to pull in rap/hip-hop in this thread; get the HELL out. The next person who starts to discuss that in this thread will be banned. Yes, banned. This annoys me to no end and it is so incredibly fucking immature & discriminating to just step up here and scream 'OMG METAL SUXX0R' because we love it and you can go to hell. Basically. So once again: DON'T DISCUSS RAP IN HERE OR YOU WILL FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.

*Cough*

Anyway, guess it's time for me to tell y'all about my favorite bands. I'm mostly into power metal, symphonic influences is a plus. My very favorite band is Nightwish, and along with Nightwish I really love Children of Bodom and similar bands such as Norther. I also love more "true" power metal bands such as Kamelot, Stratovarius... I'm a big fan of folk metal too, I warmly recommend bands like Mago de Oz & Elvenking. But man, there's just so much I love out there that it will take years to write down all. It's easier to say what I don't like. I'm not a big fan of progressive metal, bands like Dream Theater just sounds boring IMO; I hate prog drums. I also dislike most black metal though there are exceptions. Extreme death is not for me either, it has to be melodic such as (old) In Flames. And as stated earlier I really dislike nu metal because it sounds so bloody commercial, I think it's possible to hear that it was invented to sell... it has no soul IMO. And no solos!!! *Pukes*. But other than that I have to say I agree with Konoha Rek. Don't be lazy. Get out on the internet and search. Don't call yourself a metal-head if your only merits are Metallica & Slipknot. Did I BTW mention that Metallica sucks nowadays? It's a shame really.

Missing Nin

METAL!!! \m/

Originally posted by: shadowmantis
    these gun-totting hip' gangster wannabes can jst go die.
    oh man, quoting tool is like being a narutard of the music world [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    nightwish - astral romance and everdream
    tool are amazing tho. and i love aenema, such a great song, so ill quote it if i want [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] didnt actually think ne1 wud pick up on that tho [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

METAL!!! \m/

Is System Of A Down considered Rock or Metal? I think their my favorite band. Nowadays bands are very inter-related to each other.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

METAL!!! \m/

I know this isn't a metal band,but it is metal,so it does suit the topic.These guys have made metal covers of the Metroid songs,it sounds pretty imo.Just thought I'd post it,I think the whole concept is pretty wicked,and I feel they've done a pretty good job covering the songs.

http://www.metroidmetal.com/songs.html

Just give it a listen,you probably won't regret it.

btw... you can just call me rek... I added the konoha think cuz Rek didn't fit.. but r3n is 3 letters, so maybe I'm just incompetent

Well, i downloaded a few tracks that some of u recommended...

- Cannibal Corpse: Constantly hard out stuff... Not much room to enjoy the sounds, more like listen and go mental with it. Same reason why i only like a few Slipknot tracks. I prefer 8 Foot Sativa over these
    - Deicide: Same as the above. Hehe, i'll keep the tracks incase i may grow into them later.
    - Dream Theatre: Not really a metal track, more like rock. At first i thought it was bad, but i grew to like it during the last half of the track.
    - Nightwish: Again, not much of a metal track, i didnt really like this one. I think the vocals killed the songs.

another band i like is slipknot, fav songs are wait and bleed, left behind, and my plague

METAL!!! \m/

Metallica good very good.
    ICP and slipknot is garbage
    people if u want to listen to rick punk listen to THE Adicts! well anyway.
    metallica is like the best rock it out in ur mind music ever.

METAL!!! \m/

yes metallica is good, no doubt about it what are u r fav songs from them, mine are One best song of all time, fade to black, enter sandman, where ever i may roam, and list goes on these are the only ones i can name at the time

Missing Nin

METAL!!! \m/

old metallica stuff is excellent, ride the lightning etc.

after that it was still good but recently its been crap

Originally posted by: Destiny
    Well, i downloaded a few tracks that some of u recommended...

- Cannibal Corpse: Constantly hard out stuff... Not much room to enjoy the sounds, more like listen and go mental with it. Same reason why i only like a few Slipknot tracks. I prefer 8 Foot Sativa over these
    - Deicide: Same as the above. Hehe, i'll keep the tracks incase i may grow into them later.
    - Dream Theatre: Not really a metal track, more like rock. At first i thought it was bad, but i grew to like it during the last half of the track.
    - Nightwish: Again, not much of a metal track, i didnt really like this one. I think the vocals killed the songs.
    hm.. you may like stone sour then.... its basically the lead singer of slipknots other band, when he's not screaming his throat to shreds.

mhmm... i'll look into this one as well

i KNOW you did not type that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] that was one long typo, wasn't it?