Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hunter X Hunter

I am getting accustomed to this psychological warfare, as to what could have happened if character X did something else (i guess mangaka had lots of time to think about it in his head). This makes HxH truly unique.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Damn, someone really needs to kill that gay ant.

I'm voting for Nouvo, he should trap him in one of the magic rooms and let him rot.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Does anyone remember why the wolf ant is following the secretary? It's been so long and I don't have the past chapters on hand.

Because he suspects him of being a traitor or something.

screw everyother manga in the world, this week belongs to HxH!

it's amazing how yupi became the most interesting ant-general... He is quite likable, and isn't as annoyingly gay as pufi is.

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Something actually happened! That was a fairly good chapter, even though Yupi looks like something out of Berserk.

I really hope yupi will die soon and we can move on with gon-killua fight and king-old guy fight.

someone just got served!
    a great chapter, all around cliffhanger.

I think Togarshi used the "squashed like a bug" pun a year too early.

For some reason i haven't been excited about reading HxH ever since this arc started.

Don't get me wrong, the recent chapters have been excellent but this arc just feel uninteresting.

I think it's because i'm more interested in the world of HxH rather than just the story that is being told. Every arc until now had explore an aspect of the HxH world while the chimera ant arc so far has just been a lot of super power battles.

For example, in the hunters exam the test took place in various interesting locale that introduced unique creatures and each had requirement that is necessary to becoming a hunter.

The battle tower arc introduced Nen which is by far the most well defined yet complex and interesting power in a shounen series.

The Yorkshin arc introduced the Mafia world, underground auction, spiders and meteor city.

The Greed Island arc placed them in a game, introduced an unknown set of rules for them to discover while they explore the game that Jin created.

This arc isn't bad, in fact it's quite good when compare to some other manga but i would honestly prefer it if Togashi would just end it already so the story can go back to Gon searching for clues about Jin or some other events that would lead them to Meteor city and get involve with the spiders again.
    Last edited by Dark Dragon; Sat, 11-22-2008 at 11:57 PM.

Months of shit and FINALLY a great chapter. Man for the first time in a long time I can't wait for the next chapter!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon

I think it's because i'm more interested in the world of HxH rather than just the story that is being told. Every arc until now had explore an aspect of the HxH world while the chimera ant arc so far has just been a lot of super power battles.
    I couldn't agree more...thats really what made this series so great. it wasn't just battles and superpowers, it was character based. I hope once we get back to the 'find jin/gin' storyline it'll be awesome once again. im just taking this arc as a 'develop the characters more so they're stronger for the next arc' kinda thing.

I can't see why this has been a good idea...

years of careful reading, ending with some blue balls for everyone.

What i like most about HxH is that you can't predict out come of a fight. And Yupi grows from simple minded to complexed fighter.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

I don't know why he didn't finish them off, but it seems like the King might be in trouble and he sensed that or something. He also has all that "build up wrath", that might be a one-shot thing, so he might not want to waste it. Let's see how it plays out, and if what currently happens starts to make sense when everything is said and done.

wow, i totally thought yupi was going to get ownd by potclean eventually. also if yupi wanted to kill all of them i doubt he needed to use his "build up wrath" as a simple attack from him can take out knuckle

ty psj for this sig

Yeah, but we don't have all the facts yet. He might've suddenly felt that his King was in trouble and couldn't waste time. How long would it have taken him to defeat Knuckle? The invisible dude was still around to help him too.

The problem here was in wether he should've simply killed Murau or not, if the assumption that his saving his "wrath" to protect the King is true.

Actually, I think that the pent-up wrath is what keeps him smart and respectable.
    if he hits anybody, he'll lose his cool (and EN), and won't go to help the king. which is still a victory for the hunters team.

so really, the last 12 months of chapters were useless cuz yupi is still alive, and knuckle, murao and the lizard are essentially out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    so really, the last 12 months of chapters were useless cuz yupi is still alive, and knuckle, murao and the lizard are essentially out of the picture.
    Setting us up for Gon and Killua to fight the 3 generals. Maybe along with a healed Kite?