Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hikaru no Go

I think they would've made the special longer and actually give it some form of closure if they weren't to make more HnG later.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pervert&#045;Sennin Jiraiya &#064; Jan 30 2004, 02:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>its a &quot;must read/watch&quot; even if you arent interested in go. its a fantastic series. there are quite some good &quot;sports&quot; lik Hajime no Ippo and Prince of Tennis and of course Hikaru no Go.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Hikaru no Go&#33; Banzai&#33;&#33; Banzai&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Amazing artworks... great story... it is a &quot;must watch/read&quot;.

Man, I hope they animate the Hokutohai tournament.

**************SPOILER??***************

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#D6DBE0'>I want to see Ko Yeong Ha (VS Shindou). </span></span>

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spydek &#064; Jan 31 2004, 08:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I think they would&#39;ve made the special longer and actually give it some form of closure if they weren&#39;t to make more HnG later. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    One can always hope for the best. I do agree with ya, it sounds logical for them continue based on the ending of the special with a new char and all.

Edit: So, does anyone know where one could send a PM to those making Hikaru No Go and ask?

At least they should make OVA&#39;s for Hikaru no Go about them being in the young Pro tournament across China, Korea and Japan. I would have liked to see them all duke it out with some of the best young stars in Asia

If I remember right, I heard that they were going to do the special, then an OAV. I don&#39;t think there is anymore information than that available right now.

Hikaru no Go

Has anyone else seen this anime? I recently started watching it, as I had managed to catch up to the current point in the other animes that I have been watching (Naruto, FMA, One Piece, HxH, ect.), and I must say that although the concept of an anime based on someone playing the game Go sounds dull, it seems interesting to me (wow, what a run-on sentence...). I've gotten up to episode 45 and am now downloading the rest of the series, and it has now become one of my favorites. Checking some of the other message boards, some said that the series is now continuing in Japan past episode 75 and the New Years special, does anyone know anything about this? Also, to continue my ramblings, this anime has gotten me interested in possible picking up the game of Go and trying to learn some of the basics, as it seems much more complex than Chess, which I played for a while. Does anyone know of any good websites to go to, or books to read, even, that might explain the concepts of Go, to a beginner?

Well... I guess that ends my ramblings... if you can understand anything of what I just said, incoherent as it may be, I would appreciate answers to my questions, and if you've seen the series, your thoughts on it.

Hikaru no Go

only read the manga too bad the manga has an open ending for an anime about a game like go this is extremely well done read trough the entire manga in one go very nice

RE: Hikaru no Go

i read the manga and watched the anime. I loved both of them. A good thing about this is there is no "hero" and "antihero" only people competing. They ended the anime very interestingly... It started off hikaru vs touya and it ends with hikaru vs touya. but in the manga the ending was really poor... even though they said there was going to be a summer manga special back in 2003... lol

i watched the anime. i randomly downloaded it one day and watched it and saw it was about the game go. i never heard of the game go but i thought i wouldnt like it but then watched the second episode and couldnt put it down. theres just something about it that makes me really like the anime. i think it may be subliminal messages

I've just started to watch the serie to. I downloaded it on a small LAN party. ^__^

I'm on ep13 now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I watched it but for the first 10-15 episodes I had to make myself keep watching because I would get irritated how they acted like such babies with all the crying over a board game. Once I got past that though I really enjoyed the series and watched it all in a 3 day span or so.

it's good. i hope they start picking it up again.

Hikaru no Go

I had posted this in the Anime Download section of the forum, but here's a repost:

ftp://ftp.hikago.flirble.org

This FTP offers all the episodes, the music, and even all the episodes in various different languages. It also features the 2004 special release which came out this year. The download speeds are also very very fast, so you won't be disappointed. If you want to grab them at good speeds though, i would recommend using an FTP Program, rather than Internet Explorer. Although Internet Explorer will still do the job ^_^

(Note: If you use Internet Explorer, because it will be a transition from the usual HTTP to FTP, there will be a slight delay before the FTP will load up in IE. In that delay, it will seem like everything has crashed, but just way 10 to 15 seconds and everything will work again with no problems. The faster your connection, the faster it will recover.)

This is an FTP dedicated to Hikari No Go to say the last ^_^

Edit:
    If you get a login prompt. Ignore it, and just click login anyway without filling anything in. You will still gain access perfectly fine.
    Also note, that after each episode they teach you how to play Go anyway, so if you follow the series, by the end you should know a lot on how to play it anyway.

Edit:
    btw, when i posted it in the download section, hundreds of people flocked to the FTP. The max amount of ppl allowed at the same time on the FTP is only 100 people, so if you can't connect it's because it's busy and you should try again later. An FTP program would be better as you would be able to see if it's full or a problem.

Also note, that note one person out of those hundreds of lurkers said thankyou to me. It makes me wonder why i bother T_T

Hikaru no Go

For general Go websites I'd reccomend this one.

If you want to play Go online with other people for free I'd reccomend Panda Net.

This post inspired me to go back to the site, but I forgot my old password.... I have a new account now, as Maea. If you want to play let me know. I totally suck though, my younger brother beats me all the time and I can't beat the AI's on the site. That's very sad, because go is more freeform than chess and very difficult to build a good program for.

indeed. i also played on panda net for a little. totally blew. i also lost to AI go programs :/ interesting game to play i must say.

after i watched HNG i started playing go. i got pretty good too, 11k on Kiseido Go Server (wich imo, is much better than panda net). haven't played for a long time now, but the series was really good for being about a board game.

where do you guys get the translated manga? i always wanted to read the manga but have no luck finding the manga.

Toriyama world was doing the scanlations before it got licenced. then hng0 did it. so thats how i got mines. but neither are doing it now since licenced. perhaps u can look for it in viz.com?

Hikaru no Go

I just spent these last 3 or 4 days watching this series (one that I had burned like 7 months ago)... so I just decided to start watching this series... and I can't help but say what a great great series this was....

Edit:

Yeah sorry about that... I figured that by now everyone would have watched it but I should have marked the spoilers anyway....

Spoilers:

Too sad we don't listen to what Sai has to say any longer... I hope he is able to re-appear in the future... even if it means playing vs Hikaru as a one shot deal...

Can't wait for the next special if any.... They should do an OVA just like Hunter x Hunter... or simply continue doing specials like the 2004 one... it was very good... That last match was incredible....

Anyways... what was that Special Edition Episode (variant of 64)... has anyone seen it and tell me how it differs from the actual 64?

First of all, the guy posting this thread hasn't watched all of the series, sdo please remove any spoiler (that I know has been posted).

Second, has anyone heard anything about HnG continuing? Please, this is an SOS going out.

Third. Kariudo Kid, would you like to teach me how to play? I have it on my computer, but I don't use it because I don't want to play a serious match before really learning how to play for real... Oh, and if you can, please send me a PM and I'll start a new account at kiseido... Thanks either way.