Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyubi In Photoshop

Kyubi In Photoshop

Hey does anyone know a way of getting a better firery look to the Kyubi's Chakra. I've tried a bunch of diffrent Brushes in Photoshop CS, but I'm having trouble getting it just right. If anyone knows of an option I'm not trying or a brush setting please tell.Thanks for the help.
    Note: this is low rez copdy of the 200 DPI original

RE: Kyubi In Photoshop

Here is a couple of ideas you can try.

1. You can try experimenting with the smudge tool.
    2. Get some nifty fire art off the web and build it into a layer behind the main one.

Hopeknight's got it. Overlay a fire layer from the web and play around with layer blending modes, then take that smudge brush and smuges those outlines.

Kyubi In Photoshop

Ok I tried what you sigested now I need an opinion.

Ummmm... I'd say it's too red. Try get a little more orange and yellow into the flames.

You might also want to try some lighting effects as well.

it needs some depth, and maybe a bit less red, other than that it looks pretty good, hard to tell at that small size though.

Kyubi In Photoshop

Ok tried adding more orange to the mix and added two lighting effects. More lighting effects or orange??

"

I say it's getting better. Try adding some lighting around the edges of the flame, also the top of the image is still too dark, maybe try using the dodge tool up there to lighten it up a bit.
    Great work Lefty.

Last edited by Thi3f; Wed, 01-09-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Kyubi In Photoshop

yeah, hopeknight has some good suggestions. Here's a tip: Try duplicating the same layer, then applying a color dodge to the entire layer and reduce the opacity to about 50% or so. Then manually brighten some areas like the ears and top of the head with the color dodge tool.

Also, add some nifty pupils to that sucka. Go create a new brush and alter the size, so its more elliptical and adjust the angle.

Kyubi In Photoshop

Ok tried a few things. I think i have the look I'm going for. But it feel's like it's missing something.

Were you planning on leaving the background white? If you put a dark background behind it and have Kyuubi give off light, that would look really cool. Great work so far.

This is what I was planing on doing for the backgroung. I still need to trace over it and color. I might add a blur effect to the background to make it seem farther away. But this what I have right now.

yeah, with the background colored it'll look great! You will want to add a blur to the background, but you won't need to blur much. And as I suggested earlier, having kyuubi give off light (doesn't have to be alot) would be a nice touch.

I'll have to add that when all the layers are droped to one, i'll probably use several lights to give off color then an omni to have a normal level so it all pans out. But thanks for all the help with the coloring, it would have taken me much longer to get it right.

also use a black brush and get rid of the title in the bg, and it could still use a little depth definition on it, or at least a little darker color on back of the chakra.

if you want to go for a very realistic effect, you should make the fire alot more "glowy"....whether using filters or blending options, and then also try to make it semi-transparent so you can see a little of the background behind it

and if you want to go even further than that, try to add some heat distortion effects [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I might go for the heat distortion effect but to make the Kyubi transparent would reveal the huge blank space where there was nothing in the original picture.

Missing Nin

looks wicked with the pupils for kyuubi, for the background make it darkish, so the flame stands out more

post the finished picture later, you really succeeded in the work on kyuubi man that looks nice.