Thread: idea for a new contest

idea for a new contest

well after our most recent contest i had an idea, a movie poster competition;

the deal would be to make a movie poster about a series specified for all, aka naruto, fma, seed 2, something big and popular like that. The goal would be to make it look as cool and professional as possible.

before we consider something like this though i thought id throw the idea out there so we can refine it as well as set some guidelines and subject matter, that is if their is interest in doing such a thing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Thi3f has also ever so kindly offered to host this competiition if yall want to do it.

So wadda ya think???

idea for a new contest

Thats sounds pretty cool. I'd be up for the total humilliation of my work not being up to snuff. I'm totally interested.

RE: idea for a new contest

That's a great idea..

Yeah, I'm up for it.

We need to set a size requirement, and I'd prefer we pick a series that has enough high resolution images available so that we can get nice clean results, but let's go for it!

cool, im thinking size wise maybe a reverse aspect of a wallpaper, like 768x1024, or 864x1152, etc. and start mentioning some potential topics, the given obvious ones would be stuff like FMA or naruto, any other series we could do mention away.

How about Samurai 7 or Samurai Champloo.

Problem with Samurai 7 or Samurai Champloo is that there will be very little source imagery to work from. It will be very difficult to find large enough images to work from.

Hmm... the movie posters at the theatres suck... most of it is just a silhouette of a person or group followed by big bold text of the title on top and a bunch of credits on the bottom =/. But i still would like to see how this turns out ^_^

have you guys not seen albino's wallpapers? he's setting a trap for all of us in a contest he can win with ease! he's so scandalous! =O
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

lol
    very clever
    we can at least try to beat him

ROFL, dam foiled by mut@t@ lol, but seriously t@t@ u underestimate some of the cats around here, lasaire is dam good as are a few others around

Thanks for the compliment Albino, the feeling is mutual, you set a high standard for all of us.

Seriously, though, I think this is a good idea -- a sig is a small canvas, which offers its own challenges, but oftentimes it's much easier to work with a small canvas where you can hide some of your weak spots.
    A poster would be more techically and artistically challenging, really separate the experts from the not-so-experts.

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
    have you guys not seen albino's wallpapers? he's setting a trap for all of us in a contest he can win with ease! he's so scandalous! =O
    Your right. We all should get a twenty vote head start so it's fair [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. I get shivers from the thought of compeating against suff of that quality.

Last edited by Thi3f; Wed, 01-09-2019 at 05:15 PM.

If you all don't want him so badly you can vote for me <.< ... >.> ... <.< ... >.> ... that way he wont win... ^_^

Hmmm well since I never could make it to the last competition in time, what do you say I try agian ^_^
    A movie poster sound like a great idea to me. I'll be willing to host it, as long as I get participate too (don't worry, I won't cheat)
    Now all we need to do is pick and anime.

kk how bout yall throw some suggestions out and then we can make a poll thread to vote on it, the three ideas i put forward are naruto, FMA, and Gundam Seed 1 or 2

Last edited by Thi3f; Wed, 01-09-2019 at 05:14 PM.

I suggest Ghost in the Shell. There's not much else, cause I think we should stick to the major animes, so there is lots of source imagery.
    (I'll host it)
    AlbinoFury, go ahead and create a poll, because it's unlikely that many more suggestion will make the cut.

i will beat albino. I will sharigan his art style and split the vote. Much like what nadar did to Gore in Florida.