Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

I realize my last few posts in this thread have been about the same band, but I've been listening to "Deathwalker" from The Unguided recently, as it's their newest single (which was supposed to be the 12th track on "Hellfrost", but they ran out of studio time). It's a badass song, and it's apparently about a Hellfrost (the role-playing game) scenario that one of the band members (or their friends) are playing.

Of course, the song isn't on YouTube, so instead I'll post the music video that was released a couple of weeks ago, that I talked about previously.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

I got addicted to this band lately - it is a polish folk band - lyrics are usually taken from polish poems.

this one i've found by randomly browsing youtube and it got stuck in my head.

I don't know if i posted this one but it is godly.

I love this song - can't get enough of it.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Right now? This:

And this:

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

I've been on a sythpop/New Wave kick lately (don't ask).

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Hip Hop track from an artist named Immortal Technique. He released this particular album for free download, and as is generally the case with him, every track is solid. This track, entitled "Rich Man's World (the 1%)" is a fairly impressive job of running down the realities of how our nation is run:

"You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Immortal Technique's topics always make you think. I like rappers with depth.
    This one's a classic and one of my favorites:

And one of the songs I'm currently listening to, for all the pseudo-science and theology heads :

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Lol. To each his own, bro.

My tune of lately:

Not so much lyrically heavy as the production is. Up and coming artist The Weeknd sings like any other R&B singer of today; like he's in his undies outside in Alaska. Or something. And Wiz, well, he's Wiz...

Production wise though, a foul boom bap with a musing melodie sampled from Ginuwine's intro on Tell Me Do U Wanna:

Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Mon, 11-19-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Ah Soundgarden...after some of Cornell's solo material and the fact that they've been apart since they broke up for longer than they were together, I had some trepidation about this record. Complete waste of my time though, the record is excellent. This is the first single from Soundgargen's first release of new material in 16 years:

It's far from my favorite on the record, but it should be indicative of the aggression that they managed to retain. There's significantly less outright "metal" stuff on the album though, so for me, while it stands solidly in the catalogue, it's not really their best release.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

I disliked the Smashing Pumpkins "Zeitgeist" album, so I missed this song on the EP that tailed it. I first heard it on the Chris Isaak hour while looking up Corgan interviews to figure out if he really is the complete asshole everyone claims he is.

Lovely song.The album they released early this year is quite awesome as well, it's called Oceania. It's rather jarring that the band couldn't fill the Barclay theater even by giving tickets away.

- Inquisitor Czevak

Sounding a little like Röyksopp, a Swedish duo released their album "Rain On Our Parade" on a dutch label. They've released their debut single called "Wallpaper" which is.. quite catchy.

Edit: I think some of the footage has been shot in The Hague.

Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Wed, 02-13-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Even though the album has been out for half a year, I can't stop listening to "Awakened", from As I Lay Dying. Anyone that knows anything about anything knows that AILD is one of the greatest bands to ever grace the "metalcore" scene; they are constantly surpassing themselves. This music video is their first single, and probably my favorite track on the album.

"Life Is A Traffic Jam", Ab-Soul's revised version of it is hella good.
    From Kendrick Lamar's album Section.80:

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I haven't really listened to Queen since highschool, and I'm back again. Why?

Haven't heard of this one back then though, and I'm digging it (Mostly for the first 2 minutes, along with Killer Queen in its entirety)

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Killer Queen you say?

Wait wait wait... Bill, you've NEVER heard Bohemian Rhapsody until now? How far under a rock have you been living??

I actually listened to the song just the other day, though it was a cover by Puscifer (Maynard James Keenan's solo project, for those that don't know).

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhuin View Post
    Wait wait wait... Bill, you've NEVER heard Bohemian Rhapsody until now? How far under a rock have you been living??

I actually listened to the song just the other day, though it was a cover by Puscifer (Maynard James Keenan's solo project, for those that don't know).
    I've heard of Bohemian Rhapsody. That was in my highschool days. It got lost when I changed computers though I think.

The picture was just to highlight why I decided to look back at it again. I hadn't heard of Killer Queen or I Want It All and a few other ones (Radio Ga Ga and more) until recently though.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Ah, I misunderstood your post then. Queen has several good songs; I'm certain they have a "Greatest Hits" album floating around somewhere, if you want the best of the best.

To contribute to the thread a bit more:

Parkway Drive is another of my favorite metalcore bands, since the release of their debut album "Killing With a Smile" back in 2005. There are very few bands that I still listen to from that time period, and PD honestly wouldn't be one of them if their music hadn't evolved with every release. Starting out, they were just like any other metalcore band, screaming about love, loss, depression, loneliness... very emotional stuff (perfect for an angry, rebellious teenager). Their latest album however, which is where this video is from, has much deeper meaning: from the significance of dreams, to human corruption (political/religious/etc.), the end of the world (which we will cause), human individuality (thinking for yourself), and much more. They're like AILD in that respect; they have the ability to create something so brutal, and deliver a somewhat positive message at the same time.

Blog Entries
    Bill has the musical IQ of a toddler.

Here's a band i've been listening a lot too lately, they're called "Escape the fate"

ETF was much better before Radke had to be removed from the band, in my opinion. Their new vocalist is ex-blessthefall, so he's not bad... I just don't think he fits here. Granted, I may be biased, since I remember when Dying is Your Latest Fashion was released, and it was one of my favorite albums for a couple of months.

This is actually the heaviest song off the album, but still a good comparison.

Arch, if you like ETF, I probably have some other bands you'd like.