Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Poor bison(s). Cool tune, I like the electronica sound. Reminds me of Daft Punk. Maybe cause they're a french duo too?

As for what I'm listening to right now, it's a song by hip hop supergroup Haiku d'Etat. The group consists of already well known solo and group artists Aceyalone (known for his Find Out joint in the movie You Got Served), Abstract Rude (of Abstract Tribe Unique) and Mikah 9 (of the Freestyle Fellowship).

The song's called Coup de Theatre (as is the album) and the reason I like it is because each member gets a beat to rhyme to.

I like the first one most which is by Abstract Rude (I once posted a song by Ghost featuring him called Basic Instinct in this thread).
    He uses the phrase "To speak with an eloquent word is to, in essence, kill a mockingbird" which kind of leaves to the imagination to what it might mean and keeps you (read: me) thinking.
    The complexity of both beat and rhyme in combination with the contents of the lyrics gives out this gray image of theatre.

Have a listen :

Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Sun, 07-31-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Right now i am watching clips of final destination 5.

Like the chorus to this catchy tune about mass murder from Foster the People:

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Blog Entries
    Right now I'm listening to my music collection that I spent like 4 hours converting to cassette tape. It was a challenge getting them off CD and onto cassette but screw the copyright laws!
    irc.gotwoot.net #gotwoot

Kitkat makes great signatures!

What kind of music is it? You strike me as a hardcore rap kind of guy, DO.

michaelbolton.jpg

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Blog Entries
    I listen to books on cassette ONLY
    irc.gotwoot.net #gotwoot

Kitkat makes great signatures!

Listening to some Shiny Toy Guns, next wave electronic music. I think this song samples some of the Portal end theme song voiced by GlaDOS:

Very haunting song with a rather resonating music video accompanying it.

Warning: A bit of blood/gore involved.

Korean music? Are you f*cking kidding me??

Nope. I don't listen to Korean music much either, but a friend passed this on to me.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    As the school year begins, I am reminded of how truly unhappy I am to be working under my principal. The man is a bully and the school feels like a prison. I could write novels on how negatively he has impacted my teaching experience in only one year.

In typical fashion, I'm nursing my frustration through the feeling of solidarity I get listening to Morrissey. As a once self-proclaimed unhappy child, education is a theme in many of his lyrics and nothing rings more true than his descriptions of an abusive principal:

Aside from the perfectly complementary bass parts in this song, I can't help but feel chills of outrage when I hear, "he does the military two-step down the nape of my neck. I wanna go home, I don't want to stay. Give up education as a bad mistake"

And then today I discovered this song, sung from the perspective of the teacher instead of the student.

""Oh, you understand change
    And you think it's essential
    But when your profession
    Is humiliation
    Say the wrong word to our children ...
    We'll have you, oh yes, we'll have you "

Goddamn Morrissey you are not me how do you know me??

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I listened to Watch the Throne...not really my bag, but I do like the production and the 1st track. @Ani, I enjoy shiny toy guns! i first heard their "Major Tom" cover and was hooked. I have been enjoying this as well

I've always wanted to be a fan of the Smiths/Morrissey, but his run-on style of singing has always made it impossible for me. The melodies are infectious and his lyrics are no doubt deep and insightful, but his singing ruins it for me.

@rockmanj: I liked their Major Tom cover a lot too, but then listening to Peter Shilling's (original?) Major Tom made me prefer that version again. I like We Are Pilots because it sounds the chorus sounds like GlaDOS from Portal, as I mentioned. Though since the song came out in 2006 and Portal was released in 2007, the inspiration may have gone the other direction than I thought.

What a long yet short 10 years it's been.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    10 fucking years...my god. I remember the day I went to pick up that album like it was yesterday. I was working at a summer job near my girlfriend and her parents home. I picked up the record and listened to it on my way to work. My girlfriend came and visited me during my lunch hour. We ate then went to play some handball, had a great time. The soundtrack was ringing through my head the entire time. Hearing that song and realizing that it's been 10 years just brought that memory rushing back. I was so young back then :-(
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Wow, awesome. Thanks.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.

Found this amazing song through Pandora last night and thought I'd share.

Midnight City by M83:

Relaxing tune I've been listening to on and off. Zone-out for a while.

Nowhere to be found on youtube but found an mp3 stream(right click and copy shortcut and paste in your browser if it doesn't play).