Thread: Movie Recommendations

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Movie Recommendations

My idea is that instead of making a new thread for each movie we want to talk about. We could have this one thread and post short reviews, followed by a simple opinion if others should watch it or stay away. I think everyone would appreciate if the reviews are more than just one line saying "This movie rocks".

You may post reviews of old movies as well, but the main idea is to enlighten people about somewhat new movies. Also please discuss the movies that have been reviewed.

Use common sense regarding spoilers and such, especially when talking about new movies.

-----------------------------------------------------

I'll kick it off with a bang.

Movie: Kiss kiss bang bang (imdb link)

This is sort of a crime/detective movie but the atmosphere is so light hearted that you almost forget that part. I was genuinly shocked over grade of humour in this movie. I haven't laughed so hard at a movie in a very long time. The thing is that the jokes are a little sneaky so you can't see them coming, and your caught completely off guard. And sometimes it even takes some time before the brain even comprehends the awsomeness of some jokes.

This is one of my favourite quotes from the movie, Harry (the main character) is at a party and a girl walks up to hi and asks.

B-Movie Actress: So what do you do?
    Harry Lockhart: I'm retired, I invented dice. What do you do?

Verdict: Watch this movie, you won't regret it.
    Last edited by el_boss; Tue, 03-28-2006 at 05:52 PM.