I'll admit it, I'm addicted to reading the news. I spend my lunch break every day at work perusing the CBC website to see what interesting things have been happening. A lot of the time, I'll come across articles where I think, "People at gotwoot might find this interesting" but I don't feel like creating a thread just for that one little article.

So, here we shall have a thread for all those news articles that are not quite thread-worthy, but still fun to post and share with each other. This isn't meant to encompass all news topics, since many do have enough discussion around them to merit dedicated threads. For everything else though, the random, silly, and interesting, let's keep each other informed about what's going on in the world!

Today, first up, we have the story of the ghost yacht in Australia. Watch out, Raven and kai! The ghost yacht is coming for you!

Next is an opinion article by a columnist named Heather Mallick whose articles I really enjoy reading. She's quite outspoken and often takes controversial stances, but whatever she writes is always an interesting read. This week, she writes about proposed surveillance cameras in Britain with the capability to broadcast audio messages to people within the camera's view. Her article is entitled, Big Brother Britain: What to do when the voices call your name.