In the world where the taste and texture of food are very important there is Toriko: a hunter of precious foods regularly hired by restaurants and the rich. He is a man with inhuman skills to capture the ferocious, evasive and rare animals to complete his ultimate dinner course. His current accomplice, a weak, timid person, but who was inspired by Toriko's greatness, accompanies him on all his journeys on his quest for the course of his life. Nominated for the 2nd Manga Taisho Award (2009).
Any readers of this manga? I just read through it, and I think it's kinda good.
mostly a fighting story, but I feel that it has a great mood.
It's a "larger than life" world, with monsters that can take down a tank and characters that don't blink an eye taking down those monsters. population is hundreds of billions and every island is the size of Africa. Most series have a distinction between character classes that doesn't really make sense (think getbackers, or fairy tail), but here, the differentiation between 'people who gather food ingredients and chefs really does make sense, so it's alot easier to get into it.

feels like a cross between Hunter X Hunter, Harulaye II boy and fairy tail. the art is really old school, muscle man and giant beasts..

anyone got thoughts on where this arc is going? the introduction of the 3rd fraction kinda threw me off guard.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/