270610.jpg

"The isolationist Akane Clan, composed of an all-girls body mainly consisting of young kunoichi in training, has a code to which they all must adhere:

As men are dangerous beings, interacting with them is forbidden.

Kunoichi Tsubaki, the leader of the Dog Squad, is an excellent trainee with a promising future, but she has started to experience a strange feeling in her heart... whenever the subject of boys is brought up.

Source: M-U"

Genre(s): Slice of life, comedy, action

1-3

Fun. Girl ninjas living their lives at ninja school while making fun of hairy primate-like men that they've only heard legend of. One is very curious about the prospect of boys and struggles with it as she also has to keep the problem children in her team in check. The stories are simple and sometimes cute, and there is an effort to have at least one fight/action set piece per episode- I ain't complainin'.

A side note: this may be delayed by a few more years than I thought it would, but this is feels like a viable example of just how much Naruto influenced 'anime' portrayals of ninjas. Many elements, including the hidden village, attire, and even the fight choreography and 'jutsus' ape the 4th Hokage's son to an extent. Honestly, I figured we would have reached full saturation a decade ago, but not a ton of ninja series air currently, compared to the genres we complain about.