Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata (The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic)

Description: On a harsh rainy day, a high school student without any particular special skills, Usato Ken, got dragged into another world summoning with two others; the beautiful Student Council President and the charismatic Vice President, both of whom he strangely started getting along with just today. As an ordinary student that doesn't stand out, he thought that he had been dragged into the situation on accident. While the other two are quickly identified as heroes, the Kingdom still hopes that Usato will be able to use magic. It is revealed he has a terrifying and rare magic affinity: Healing.

This sounds like it couldn't be a more generic isekai premise. But that's where I was pleasantly surprised.

The series sets itself apart quickly with the Vice President being angry that they've been dragged to another world without their consent. The King is a surprisingly reasonable and thoughtful leader who cares about his people as well as the three he just got involved. The student council president...well, I'll leave her as a surprise, but I thought her character development was rather well done for only a single episode. It's revealed in a comedic manner that this is actually...

Isekai Field Combat Medic - The Animation.

The animation is good, the cast is mostly relatively unknowns and they're all great. The characters have more depth to them than most isekai, and it was entertaining throughout.

It's astonishing to me that a deeply generic isekai premise can be this engaging in the hands of competent writers.